Sign in to follow this  
poppystiger

How Vivid Synaesthesia and Muse Live Briefly Disintegrated My Conscious Mind.

Hi there, I wrote a blog post about how Matt's guitar playing lit up my synaesthesia (that's a condition where my senses are crossed so I literally see music when I hear it). It inspired a ton of drawing and much of my current artwork.

No other guitarist lights my vision up quite like Matt! His chaotic, distorted sound creates the most incredible twisting, crackled silver/white and occasionally yellow/gold moving shapes. That little guitar solo in the middle of Dig Down? A towering column of lightning and smoke, delicious and breathtaking.

Go have a read :)

http://bit.ly/synaesthesia_muse_blogpost

There's another here about how I translate what I see in his guitar playing into hand sculpted silver jewellery.

http://bit.ly/matt_bellamy_guitar_blogpost

Disclaimer: I am a professional artist but the purpose of this post is NOT to sell you anything, absolutely not. I love Muse - you love Muse. I'm sharing the love because I spend so much of my day with Muse playing in my ears and they inspire my work to a huge degree <3 <3 <3 and I thought you might like to see the results :)

Here are a few of my drawings of Matt's playing from the Glasgow show

546614010_2016-06-1317_05_18.thumb.jpg.c23e0e0f36065c865df9a291f95bb9fb.jpg

1566354370_2016-06-1317_08_44.thumb.jpg.b1c01b36a8095bccb88f7b4bd501d5c0.jpg

1764458122_2016-06-1317_05_25.thumb.jpg.a7bc624b58514414206cc6eb5e6eaac4.jpg

I understand you, Muse lit up my synaesthesia as well. I can see, feel, smell and taste Matt's voice when he sings, a real ecstatic mix of senses. But I'm not an artist and I can't  translate all I feel... I'm going to see your art 😊