Just saw MUSE tonight, meh...

takayanagi97

Well some of them aren't rare. I've had Assassin, Supremacy and Reapers twice, Bliss and The Globalist 4 times, Stockholm, AP, Resistance, UD 3 times, The Handler, Hysteria, Dead Inside 5 times, Plug in Baby, Madness, Psycho 6 times for example. Well and the 5 recurring songs : Uprising, SMBH, Starlight, TIRO and KOC, 7 times.

In Paris (Feb 2016) they played Bliss, MOTP, the Handler and Stockholm in a row. Crazy!! :)

But unfortunately i've never had B&H, New Born and my favorite song SFA! :(

Muse have never been "meh" and will never be!!

Have you not heard Dig Down? I can't even bring myself to call it bad...

Have a look at the Reading gig! I was there and their perfomance was really good and Matt's voice during Showbiz (and all the other songs anyway) was flawless and left us (the people around and I) speechless!

Admittedly I only watched the video online, but I thought he seemed to be struggling to be honest..

Probably better in person of course, but still...

Have you not heard Dig Down? I can't even bring myself to call it bad...

Admittedly I only watched the video online, but I thought he seemed to be struggling to be honest..

Probably better in person of course, but still...

They played Dig Down (opening song) in Reading. I liked it and the crowd around me seemed to enjoy it too.

Why is there so much hate for that song? :eek:

As I remember he didn't seem to be struggling. I downloaded the show and watched it a few days ago and it was similar to what I remember. He can't still sing Showbiz very well.

But that's true it's better when you see a show live.

They played Dig Down (opening song) in Reading. I liked it and the crowd around me seemed to enjoy it too.

Why is there so much hate for that song? :eek:

To me at least it just seems totally uninspired and uninspiring. There's a part of my brain that still can't quite figure out how that's come from the same band that wrote Butterflies And Hurricanes and City Of Delusion, for example. There's nothing special about it and as a result it just comes across as extremely boring to me. I don't care about it at all, it's that forgettable.

Edited by Bs

They played Grand Omega Bosses version of Assassin in London and they also played the album version in Nîmes (crowd request).
And? I don't think you understand how it works. Just because you manage to catch something twice that does it mean it's not rare. It just means you got lucky. Edited by Tjet

Blackout was played during the whole Unsustainable Tour in 2013 (there was the lightbulb with the dancer during the song), and so were Sunburn (alternating with Explorers) and Unintended. Assassin has been played 84 times and Enlessly 49 times but the last time was in 2004. Indeed it has been a while!!

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/muse-53d6ebd5.html

They played Grand Omega Bosses version of Assassin in London and they also played the album version in Nîmes (crowd request).

I would like to add that the London performance was also by crowd request. Some incredibly good looking chap apparently, proper dynamite. Swoon-worthy, some might say.

.........but, yeah, back to the point - just 'cos you've seen something doesn't make it not rare. Like I said, your average gig on the Drones World Tour would be lucky to get Bliss, let alone Assassin.

I still enjoy what they're playing even if it's too short. I don't like the stance that seems to be your enjoyment of the band is wrong if you didn't see them in the golden years. I'm about to complain about the band but still these past couple of shows I've seen got me a lot more into them after the two Drones shows, which is a pretty big feat.

Well some of them aren't rare. I've had Assassin, Supremacy and Reapers twice, Bliss and The Globalist 4 times, Stockholm, AP, Resistance, UD 3 times, The Handler, Hysteria, Dead Inside 5 times, Plug in Baby, Madness, Psycho 6 times for example. Well and the 5 recurring songs : Uprising, SMBH, Starlight, TIRO and KOC, 7 times.

In Paris (Feb 2016) they played Bliss, MOTP, the Handler and Stockholm in a row. Crazy!! :)

Blackout was played during the whole Unsustainable Tour in 2013 (there was the lightbulb with the dancer during the song), and so were Sunburn (alternating with Explorers) and Unintended.

I guess I'll add my own experience to compare from the US since that's what this thread started about. Never seen Bliss, Reapers, Assassin, or AP. Reading was the first time I saw Stockholm in 6 years (and again at Shoreline so it counts). I have not seen MOTP in 6 years.

And the Unsustainable Tour, like all stadium tours, was European only. Sunburn was brought over for a little bit, but Blackout and Unintended were not. Hell, Take A Bow was a staple in the Resistance Stadium Tour but Shoreline was the first time it was played here in a decade.

Even common songs like Plug In Baby were actually dropped for like 4 months in the US (and only the US) during The 2nd Law tour. They didn't even replace it with anything, you just got one less song if you were American for some unexplained reason.

They didn't even replace it with anything, you just got one less song if you were American for some unexplained reason.

That's because most Americans just want the easy feel good music and something as emotional or anything that invokes other types of emotional besides anger or arrogance or fluffiness then most Americans aren't interested. This is probably why the set list are Shoreline was the way that it was. By the way, which seats did you get during the Shoreline concert??

That's because most Americans just want the easy feel good music and something as emotional or anything that invokes other types of emotional besides anger or arrogance or fluffiness then most Americans aren't interested. This is probably why the set list are Shoreline was the way that it was. By the way, which seats did you get during the Shoreline concert??

Dropping the song bothered me less than the deliberate choice of doing so and the lack of replacement. I wouldn't mind shuffling Plug In Baby around.

I was in the lawn, but at the front of that. There were fans around me that knew most if not all the songs, but only one was actually energetic. I thanked him personally after the show.

This is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read.

4 years almost to the day since I last saw Muse and Butterflies and Hurricanes is 2 for 2. Take a Bow was great. Everyone at this gig was absolutely into everything all night, but yeah... People went absolutely nuts for Madness. This is why we can't have nice things.

OOS didn't come out over there for a fair few years tbf, so PIB was never really the huge song it is most other places. Black Holes and TR were what started to kick them into the US limelight as well so I guess it'd make sense for the crowd to mostly react to stuff from then onwards.

PIB was in Guitar Hero, and some of it's adverts, so a surprising amount of people in the US know it without really knowing anything else from OoS.

I know we like to subscribe to the "Muse got popular in the US with TR and Twilight" theory... but it's repeatedly surprised me the massive, MASSIVE reaction TIRO gets at US gigs, considering it wasn't exactly a big radio hit here or anything.

It's also hard to tell from the videos of it that aren't already blocked, but B&H at Red Rocks, a couple seconds after the song proper starts, the crowd goes mental. "Mental" in the US of course meaning just yelling, but we're not always terribly big on jumping around, and Muse crowds are getting a bit older.

There was also a ton of unprompted clapping along to BH and TaB, and not just from the "usual suspects" in the usual spots.

The US know a hell of a lot more songs than the band will ever give us credit for.

Oh yeah, no, I was mostly just giving reasons for why that dude's specific crowd might've reacted that way. You can't paint every US crowd with that brush. Obvs PIB's hardly an unknown over there, just not the behemoth classic it is elsewhere through missing that initial wave when it first came out.

Other songs can defo get reactions too (I think B&H is a lot more popular than the band give it credit for everywhere tbh), I just meant that '06/'09 stuff onwards will naturally dominate. Not too dissimilar over here either tbf, those are some of their biggest hits. Just you're more likely to see stuff like Bliss/New Born/Stockholm or even Dead Star/Hyper Music get pretty close to that point as well. That has started to change a smidge the more the band's started to drop some of them though, particularly Stockholm from my experience.

Edited by Jobby

Recorded reactions are misleading. I remember someone posting that Showbiz got a bigger reaction in Reading than Supermassive, but that was because the audience microphones pick up the first few rows.

Somehow, the recent stream of the LIB Festival presented this problem, too. During TIRO, for example, the audience sounded literally dead while the images told otherwise. Obviously, it's because it wasn't picked up properly in the recordings.