Australian Tour November 2017

clairbear

In the event that's real, I can already imagine the shit storm that'll happen when they fuck over America and bring back all the SBE rarities for Australia.

Edit: Literally just got announced

https://twitter.com/muse/status/892748319059038208

They bailed on their original tour plans in Oz and were only going to do a festival... do we really believe they think they're more popular there than the US?

By the band's logic, these gigs will be 10 songs long and not cut out any of the playback tracks.

Eh, Australia has tended to get some of the better setlists on recent tours, iirc. I'm not sure if they're necessarily bigger in Oz than the States, but they have been arena status there for at least 10 years. They will absolutely play better shows there. It can't just be two, either. That wouldn't even be feasible to bring all the production for two shows.

I haven't followed this last American tour closely, would GA be worth it or are seats going to be fine? I mean they're opening with Dig Down so that's why I'm wondering. Assuming they bring the current production.

Setlist-wise it could go either way. T2L and The Resistance got some of the best setlists over there.... And it looks like you guys aren't getting fucked over with VIP passes where people who pay more get to enter the venue early if you care about being up close. Also keep in mind that the Origin of Muse thing they're doing will be fresh on their mind assuming it's really a Holiday 2017 release.

I'll take $150 tickets over waiting 12 hours only to be three rows back like we get over here.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Assuming they bring the current production.

qudos and rod laver are big venues; they'll go with something (a bit bigger) other than the moving columns.

probably a one-off stage design; relatively simple but interesting enough.

Also keep in mind that the Origin of Muse thing they're doing will be fresh on their mind assuming it's really a Holiday 2017 release.

let's hope they don't put it in the backs of their minds and scrap the whole thing altogether.

Strange to me that they didn't announce a Brisbane date and make it an east coast tour

Just bought a ticket for Melbourne. Was lucky to get Motp and Fury last time and almost needed to be pulled up from the floor.:LOL: I doubt the setlist will be that good this time around - we were so lucky that night

When was the last time this hasn't been the almost immediate reaction? :chuckle:

Probably never. Ah well.

Australia tends to fair well setlist wise. Even our mediocre sets have at least one good rarity. As Alexander mentioned, here's hoping that the Origin of Muse release prompts them to play a couple oldies.

Just bought a ticket for Melbourne. Was lucky to get Motp and Fury last time and almost needed to be pulled up from the floor.:LOL: I doubt the setlist will be that good this time around - we were so lucky that night

How did you manage to buy a ticket before release?

Ah, my bad. It's strange that they wouldn't do a tour their given how close it is. Although apparently the reason this tour is so short is because it was so last minute because they felt bad about missing out on Australia. They might come back later and hopefully visit more places in the area.