Three things about Eternally Missed:

1. That bass stomp.

2. That chorus.

3. That middle-section / break down.

It's everything Easily isn't.

When Matt starts playing the riff again after the first chorus I fucking love the cymbal crashes that follow.

Edit: Listened again. That chorus will cut me in two live.

Three things about Eternally Missed:

1. That bass stomp.

2. That chorus.

3. That middle-section / break down.

It's everything Easily isn't.

When you break it down like that, it really is a great song. Just don't know why I'm so inconsistent in liking it.

Worry that it won't be anywhere near as powerful live though, just 'cos of Matt's vocals. Such a powerful song in that regard and he struggled to pull it off even back in '02.

I mean, the hardest part is probs those two long G#4s in the 2nd chorus and, if they take it down half a step (which I expect them to), that's only a G4 - which he does in Mercy every night tmk.

The third chorus switches to falsetto so he should be fine on that and the infamous final falsetto can probs be covered up with guitar fuckery on the upper frets. Or lowered, which honestly wouldn't be a big deal imo since the rest of the song is fucking amazing anyway.

Edited by Jobby

I need What's He Building to open. Need it.

I'm getting more and more keen about that. My dream opening for years has been Assassin -> Dead Star with no intro (or the other way around). I can imagine the band walking on stage during the last bit of WHBIT and then Matt just starts "controlling my feelings ...".

What's He Building In There?

Showbiz (+Ashamed outro)

Dead Star (+Micro Cuts outro)

Assassin (GOB)

Well, holy christ an opening. :facemelt:

I mean, the hardest part is probs those two long G#4s in the 2nd chorus and, if they take it down half a step (which I expect them to), that's only a G4 - which he does in Mercy every night tmk.

The third chorus switches to falsetto so he should be fine on that and the infamous final falsetto can probs be covered up with guitar fuckery on the upper frets. Or lowered, which honestly wouldn't be a big deal imo since the rest of the song is fucking amazing anyway.

I sang it when we were doing a tribute gig... And man, that 2nd chorus really is killer... Because the notes are toooooo long....

Pretty sure What's He Building > Showbiz would hold the title for best opener ever, for all of time. Even ignoring how great it flows, walking on and effectively saying "Right, you wanted Showbiz? Here yer fuckin' go then." would just be such a perfect way to start a gig like this. The room would go apeshit. That + the Ashamed outro, straight into something heavy like Dead Star would be fucking vile.

As for What's He Building itself though, I'm pretty confident it'll happen. If not opening then maybe for the encore like Zepp and Montreux.

Pretty sure What's He Building > Showbiz would hold the title for best opener ever, for all of time. Even ignoring how great it flows, walking on and effectively saying "Right, you wanted Showbiz? Here yer fuckin' go then." would just be such a perfect way to start a gig like this. The room would go apeshit.

As for What's He Building itself though, I'm pretty confident it'll happen. If not opening then maybe for the encore like Zepp and Montreux.

Honestly I don't think that it is the smartest choice for the first song, it is way too difficult not to warm up just a bit with a few songs.

...but yeah that would fucking rule.

Can't deny the Eternally Missed bassline, need to re-learn that one actually.

I'm thinking What's He Building into Dead Star to open. It's probably the most popular fan favourite next to CE and would be a good call back to the early days.

Really hope Matt can do Showbiz justice. I love the idea of it closing but I'd much prefer it early on when his voice is less tired out.

Honestly I don't think that it is the smartest choice for the first song, it is way too difficult not to warm up just a bit with a few songs.

...but yeah that would fucking rule.

Pretty sure Matt warms up before the gig. And I'd say it's a pretty smart opener since his voice is still fresh, and it builds for quite a long time, giving him time to warm up during the song if needed.

Actually you're right, the G#s aren't that hard because they are all on pretty open 'ee' sounds which are the easiest to sing high.

I have my doubts that he can hit the final falsetto notes these days though. +1 I bet he will fudge it and cover it with a bit of guitar fuckery while hastily retreating from the mic.

Actually you're right, the G#s aren't that hard because they are all on pretty open 'ee' sounds which are the easiest to sing high.

I have my doubts that he can hit the final falsetto notes these days though. +1 I bet he will fudge it and cover it with a bit of guitar fuckery while hastily retreating from the mic.

He said they're the hardest part though? And vowel (while helping) won't change the fact that Matt's voice these days is not what it used to. I really don't think we'll see him sustain G#4s like that. If it's performed, let's hope it's at least half a step down because otherwise it's gonna be a painful gig.

I've been lurking here for years but never really posted before. Just submitted my vote

MM

Cave

Showbiz

Eternally Missed

Glorious

Futurism

Space Dementia

Fury

Dead Star

City of Delusion

Went City of Delusion for Jobby, seen him pop up loads over the years. My most wanted live song is In Your World, really gutted it wasn't on the list. Dead Star, In Your World and Futurism played back to back would've been amazing.

nut-cutting time and about to submit.

at this point, what songs can we safely say are locks, where the only way they won't get played is if the band (or matt) flatly refuses to play them?

Looking at the polls on Facebook and Reddit give a hint on what songs are voted high. But keep in mind people not going to the gig have also voted, plus it's mostly hardcore fans who are interested in these polls. I think that's the explanation on why for example Eternally Missed is ranked so high. Really hope it'll make it though once the "less hardcore fans" have voted.

But Showbiz seems like a clear number one and will without a doubt make the top 10. I think Fury is 100% top 10 as well. Muscle Museum looks like a safe call also. In the polls Assassin, Dead Star and Citizen Erased don't look safe, but I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if all three don't make the top 10 (or in other words, will not be played). Spot 7-10 looks more open in my opinion.

Went City of Delusion for Jobby, seen him pop up loads over the years.

Should've been Assassin or S4A. :noey: I almost feel bad for you, Jobby, if COD doesn't get played at this gig. I won't picture what you're doing while listening to it at home.