I was intrigued by the Radio 2 chat, with Matt saying he was thinking of playing in a popularity order and that Dom was interested in a reverse-chronological album order.
They were talking about the song order in the poll though? That's why Matt says that whatever way they order the songs, it will skew the results, and why Dom said that it would be a list of over a 100 songs.

Dom confirmed Showbiz, Fury and Assassin have been soundchecked at 3:50.

http://z93hv.iheart.com/featured/stacy/content/2017-08-02-stacy-talks-with-muse-drummer-dom-howard/

Spoilers dom fuck sake

I was intrigued by the Radio 2 chat, with Matt saying he was thinking of playing in a popularity order and that Dom was interested in a reverse-chronological album order.

My initial reaction was 'how about play it in good flow order'

but this is sounding more and more like the whole set is voooootes :eyebrows:

Out of curiosity, what would constitute as a disappointment for y'all with regards to this set?

Since the show's announcement I've been quite sceptical about them playing the top 10. Matt seems like a huge perfectionist and if a song doesn't sound good enough in rehearsals, he just won't do it. But in that BBC Radio 2 interview the other day, I think they sounded up for the challenge and actually won't fuck this up. Especially discussing what order they should play the voted songs in confirmed it to me. Also, they now have a good amount of time just to focus on these songs and make them work.

Playing the top 10 and five hits (or whatever they choose) will make me very happy no matter how bad the very deep cuts may sound. As long as they give it a try! Disappointment will be just Showbiz, Assassin, Fury, Dead Star and Citizen Erased thrown in a standard setlist. Haha, actually sounds insane to say that, but I really hope we get something very obscure like Eternally Missed, Sing For Absolution and Glorious.

Same

I think Matt's idea of playing them in popularity order is silly tbh. I mean, going by the current votes, I don't really think Invincible or Exo-Politics would be very good closers :LOL: Though it would mean Showbiz would probably open :awesome:

Dom's idea of reverse album order isn't great either since it would probably mean Easily or Glorious opening, which aren't great opening material. On the other hand, Showbiz closing. :awesome:

Edit: Whoops, Tjet confirmed that's not actually what they meant. I was admittedly a little confused when I heard the interview, whether they meant vote order or play order.

Haven't listened to the Radio 2 interview (probs should) but, if they were talking about the voting list order, how would you list them in 'popularity order'? That sounds like something you find out after the vote, right? No way of knowing beforehand.

Since the show's announcement I've been quite sceptical about them playing the top 10. Matt seems like a huge perfectionist and if a song doesn't sound good enough in rehearsals, he just won't do it. But in that BBC Radio 2 interview the other day, I think they sounded up for the challenge and actually won't fuck this up. Especially discussing what order they should play the voted songs in confirmed it to me. Also, they now have a good amount of time just to focus on these songs and make them work.

Nah, if something sounds like shit they 100% won't play it. They'll just replace with something slightly lower, no biggie.

But, yeah, as for the set - I'm starting to get the vibe that they'll pick 15/16 from the top 20 or something. They seem to be leaning towards saying 'fans pick the set' in these interviews as opposed to the more vague 'fans help choose the setlist' in the original announcements.

Wait, what was that I said about curbing my expectations?

but I really hope we get something very obscure like Eternally Missed, Sing For Absolution and Glorious.

fam

Edited by Jobby

Haven't listened to the Radio 2 interview (probs should) but, if they were talking about the voting list order, how would you list them in 'popularity order'? That sounds like something you find out after the vote, right? No way of knowing beforehand.
I know, I thought the same thing, but he explained the voting process of how fans would go through the songs from most popular to least, and go "heard that one, heard that one, heard that one, ooh I wanna hear that one" once they got to the end. Honestly it makes very little sense but hey that's Matt for you.

guys, i have managed to nail a level 3 seating at the show, i am working on getting a standing ticket for myself so i can give my sister the level 3 one as she has standing problems, i was wondering how is the view and the sound from the level 3 seating area,

its my first muse show and i really don't want to be dissapointed :S

i am sure this will be the best gig of my entire life but im just curious how does it feel to be up there,

will i feel a part of the concert too? or just a bystander.

i know this is a stupid question as even the level 3 tickets are so, so freakin rare, but ive been thinking about it all week, and i am so curious.

Okay here is a summary of what they said:

Matt talked about the difficulty of democracy because it can be done in different ways. You can have weighted votes where your number one pick is worth more than your number two, or unweighted but then he said it might be skewed.

Then he says you have to think about how you present the songs (notice, it's not perform), either chronological order or by popularity, and whichever you pick is gonna skew the results. Actually I don't need to summarise any more than this. It's obvious he's talking about the voting.

I know, I thought the same thing, but he explained the voting process of how fans would go through the songs from most popular to least, and go "heard that one, heard that one, heard that one, ooh I wanna hear that one" once they got to the end. Honestly it makes very little sense but hey that's Matt for you.

I think when he said reverse order he meant they would do it bottom to top. So something like Invincible first and something like Showbiz to finish. Which would be the best way to do it. But yes I agree he babbles and makes almost no sense 🙂

I think when he said reverse order he meant they would do it bottom to top. So something like Invincible first and something like Showbiz to finish. Which would be the best way to do it. But yes I agree he babbles and makes almost no sense 🙂
You mean Dom? He explains it clearly, his suggestion was backwards chronologically, so the list starts with the latest album and finishes with Showbiz.

guys, i have managed to nail a level 3 seating at the show, i am working on getting a standing ticket for myself so i can give my sister the level 3 one as she has standing problems, i was wondering how is the view and the sound from the level 3 seating area,

its my first muse show and i really don't want to be dissapointed :S

i am sure this will be the best gig of my entire life but im just curious how does it feel to be up there,

will i feel a part of the concert too? or just a bystander.

i know this is a stupid question as even the level 3 tickets are so, so freakin rare, but ive been thinking about it all week, and i am so curious.

This photo was taken from level 3. I don't think anywhere will feel 'dislocated' from the atmosphere as it's so small and well designed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KG2G3zAlB0s/Trw2utoTeNI/AAAAAAAAAEk/0IBv2ujoxhY/s1600/IMG_0485.JPG

You mean Dom? He explains it clearly, his suggestion was backwards chronologically, so the list starts with the latest album and finishes with Showbiz.

Looking at the final list it seems like they just looked at a nearby setlist and wrote down the songs on it followed by whatever they could remember in whatever order

No I meant Matt. His idea is to do the set in order of voting popularity from bottom to top. Isn't it?

Looking at the final list it seems like they just looked at a nearby setlist and wrote down the songs on it followed by whatever they could remember in whatever order
Pretty much.

No I meant Matt. His idea is to do the set in order of voting popularity from bottom to top. Isn't it?
No, he never says anything about that. Again, he's talking about how to set up the poll selections, not how to play them. And when he talks about the popularity thing, he's talking about most popular to least popular anyway.

They were talking about the song order in the poll though? That's why Matt says that whatever way they order the songs, it will skew the results, and why Dom said that it would be a list of over a 100 songs.

Ah yes that makes more sense. My mistake.

Seeing as this band once had an end of main set flow of TiRO>UD>Stockholm/Dead Star>Isolated System>Uprising, I'm used to flow often being a bit of a strange one.

Basically.

This photo was taken from level 3. I don't think anywhere will feel 'dislocated' from the atmosphere as it's so small and well designed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KG2G3zAlB0s/Trw2utoTeNI/AAAAAAAAAEk/0IBv2ujoxhY/s1600/IMG_0485.JPG

Still closer than the ludicrous distances I was from the stage on my 2 visits to Hyde Park gigs earlier this summer.

Huh, emailed a couple of days ago about getting my seated ticket put back up for resale and just got a reply today saying they can't do that :erm: I know some stuff like transfers depend on who you happen to get from customer service in terms of whether they'll do it or not, but I thought cancelling a ticket/putting it back up for resale was pretty normal?

Huh, emailed a couple of days ago about getting my seated ticket put back up for resale and just got a reply today saying they can't do that :erm: I know some stuff like transfers depend on who you happen to get from customer service in terms of whether they'll do it or not, but I thought cancelling a ticket/putting it back up for resale was pretty normal?

The ticketmaster page appears to have changed so I don't see the part about being able to resell tickets anymore. I'd say call them tbh.

The ticketmaster page appears to have changed so I don't see the part about being able to resell tickets anymore. I'd say call them tbh.

There's a subject title option in the 'contact us' bit that says 'Paperless Tickets Resell Request', which is the one I went for? :chuckle: Dude doesn't seem to have properly read the email though tbh 'cos it sounds very c+p and he's talking more about how I can't refund/exchange paperless tickets. Like, dawg, read the subject title.

Think you're right about calling, just a bit sick too atm :rolleyes: Would be better to go through it like that than risk them not reading the emails properly and cancelling both tickets or something.

i tried to p'm you but i'm new to this forum and its really complicated, i'm pretty sure i did something wrong and it didnt get sent, so i'm gonna reply here too.

basically you can ask them to transfer the purchase to another cardholder, you give the other cardholder some of your details( name, adress, last 4 digits ect...) and tell ticketmaster his name, he then basically calls them and gives them the details you gave him to confirm that he is the one you were talking about, ticketmaster then takes his details and transfer the ticket to him-refunding you and charging him.

pretty simple process, if you are looking to get rid of a ticket i would love to "buy" it from you that way, unless someone else called first :)

Nah, if something sounds like shit they 100% won't play it. They'll just replace with something slightly lower, no biggie.

But when does a song sound shitty enough to be dropped? I don't think Muse has ever performed something so shitty that afterwards made me think they shouldn't have done it. They are too good a live band for that. But no doubt that Matt's voice unfortunately sounds more flat and tired than ever when he has to sing something demanding.

I'm just afraid he thinks some songs sound like shit according to his perfectionist mind and then won't do them, because he can't sing them like 10 years ago. I think it's safe to say we already know he will be struggling on Showbiz and Sing For Absolution, but personally I don't care too much about that at a gig like this. Hopefully the instrumentals will sound amazing and the crowd will sing heavenly loud.

i tried to p'm you but i'm new to this forum and its really complicated, i'm pretty sure i did something wrong and it didnt get sent, so i'm gonna reply here too.

Nah it's okay dude, I got it. I'll reply soon, just a bit ill.

But when does a song sound shitty enough to be dropped? I don't think Muse has ever performed something so shitty that afterwards made me think they shouldn't have done it.

First performance of Futurism, early versions of Glorious and Eternally Missed were pretty rusty as well iirc. The band hold high standards tbf so, when I say 'like shit', I mean by how they'd critique it. Like Paul said, they gave that as a reason for not playing Butterflies at one point last year and that usually sounds amazing.