I take it the list that's available now is final? Did they mention that in the email to you?

Mentioned it on Twitter but yes - they said 'discography' was the wrong word. This list is final.

Edit: Do I email back reiterating the want for a total reset? Feel a bit harsh nagging but it seems by far the best way to me :erm:

Edited by Jobby

The email doesn't even mention that new songs have been added, it literally just says "hey you can change your vote". Surely tons of people will see that and just think "why would I wanna do that?" not realising.

Fuck meeeeee SetTheSet

Edit: Just emailed this back

Hi

Thanks for getting back! Appreciate the opportunity to change our votes. As I mentioned before though, would a total reset be out of the question? Quite a lot of us would hugely prefer that to the current email system. I'm not sure how hard or awkward that would be to do but it would go a long way towards settling our worries of the votes being swayed towards the first set of songs released due to people either not wanting to go through the email process or not knowing the situation (the email sent out doesn't actually stress that new songs have been added).

Sorry for nagging, hope you understand.

Edited by Jobby

Just a confirmation guys (also hi I'm new)

It seems "Exogenesis" is indeed only Part I

So those of you who are voting based on the idea that it's the entire trilogy - don't :LOL:

Here's proof in the email they sent back to me:

Capture.PNG.8d6eaed02ea5f342c5c0f747020deea4.PNG

I've had my email back from them...

Sent them one back with a request for a full reset

Maybe if enough of us ask for this they might do it? Doubt it though.

Jobby - think they have only replied to people who sent them emails. Don't think they have sent out a blanket email to everyone; at least I haven't had one from them.

I did ask them to send out an email to everyone at the very least if they were totally not going to do a full reset.

Also told them I didn't trust them to update my choices and I wanted to do it myself through the website like I did before...

Waiting a reply now.

Agreed

A full reset would be the sensible thing to do, and it seems the band doesn't even know what's happened! :(

C'mon MUSE, it can't be that hard to just set it up on your own? Can it? I mean you set up an entire voting system on a livestream.

If they refuse to do a reset, best course of action might be to contact the band or management and ask them to find another source to do the vote. Feel harsh saying it but this website has been so unprofessional it's practically comedy.

Sending incomplete lists, mixed messages about doing the whole discography, using a slapped together email system to rectify the clusterfuck, potentially not even sending out a blanket email informing people, email doesn't even mention that there are new songs, sender is listed as some random name (Sarah something, despite being signed by some dude called Nate) that could easily be confused for spam...

People who thought they would for some reason put the entire Exogenesis into one spot must not be very bright. Congrats, you've just voted for Overture. But the people in charge are even dumber for not realising that there are three songs which are called Exogenesis+something else.

Also, how can you get the job to include a bands discography and fail TWICE to even include the album tracks?

Had a reply...

"That list is the final list.

We understand. We are ensuring everyone has the opportunity to resubmit their votes and that it is fair for everyone.

If you don't trust that we will update your set list from here, please let me know your confirmation code and we will reset it so you can vote again on the site."

Sounds like they will not be doing a full reset.

Asking them some more questions.

I'm having fun with this Sarah/Nate/whoever... don't think they will be enjoying their job today.

The way the list is ordered, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it was someone writing up whatever they could remember off the top of their head. All the hits at the top, then a random array of album tracks and popular b-sides/non-album singles, then some obscure dregs towards the bottom.

We understand. We are ensuring everyone has the opportunity to resubmit their votes and that it is fair for everyone.

Pretty much the exact reply I received, despite me explaining why people will still skip the email. Hopefully they respond differently to further emails/questions though.

*siggggghhhhhhhhhh* it's not looking good guys

Edited by Jobby

#RedoTheVote? Or is that too simple? Want them to realise things are actually fucked and that we're not just moaning about the song choice.

Idm posting it in the FB group, worth the abuse for any extra help we might pick up.

Pretty poorly organized. Now that they even confirmed Exogenesis is only part 1 Overture, how can they mess up and not write it properly. All this makes me wanting to stick more to songs from the original list if they don't even reset everything. Maybe Glorious, but not sure if I should include anything else from that? Many songs I would love to hear live Darkshines, RBS, COD etc. but they might have an even poorer chance of being chosen.