Bliss at Manchester Academy was awesome. That is one of the very few old songs they always seem to play really well.

Bliss at Manchester Academy was awesome. That is one of the very few old songs they always seem to play really well.

Didn't he do the falsetto on this occasion?

may well be mistaken though

I'm thinking of being there around midday to wait in line, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm not sure on my final list yet (I'd like to throw a B-side or two in there), but City of Delusion, Showbiz and Muscle Museum are definites.

Yeah, I hope they don't do the generic password shit - it would be a shame if it was spread around and we ended up with a setlist entirely of the hits (however great Plug In Baby is, I've heard it 4 times live, plus I have a feeling they will put a few of their own choices in anyway to bulk the setlist out).

If I had a standing ticket (I'm reserved seating) I wouldn't be bothered to turn up hours early as the difference between being in the middle or the back in standing is virtually nothing. If the poll had a crap password I think that would help as mostly 'hard-core' fans would take the time to fill it in and 'casuals' probably wouldn't bother.

Also I don't think there's such thing as a wasted vote. The people actively reading this stuff on here or facebook or reddit probably number about two or three hundred. The other 1,700 will vote for whatever they want. Most of them probably won't vote for staples but it still means the top 10 result is unlikely to be affected by people on two or three forums agreeing to vote on the same thing.

I have seen Bliss a lot of times, but I'm tempted to vote for it as I think it'll be amazing to see at such a small venue.

It is :awesome: Perfect environment for Bliss, all those balloons and hardcores flailing around...

Just a shame I wouldn't be stalls if it happened again, 'specially if I manage to ask Matt to close with it before the gig </3 Half tempted to swap with someone who wants level 3 instead, just worried the process would be messy/complicated.

Edit: for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2J2Dk001-8

Didn't he do the falsetto on this occasion?

may well be mistaken though

Yass. Not that I realised at the time with everything being so mental :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

Yeah Bliss was amazing at Brighton, with the balloons and a pretty mad crowd, plus also the Maggie's Farm riff at the end. At Shepherd's Bush I'd imagine it would be pretty spectacular. Though to be fair, probably my favourite version of Knights of Cydonia that I've seen was at SBE in the War Child gig.

I have to admit, I'm tempted by Bliss. I've never seen it live, and the atmosphere at such an intimate gig would be amazing. That Manchester Academy video looks like so much fun.

I don't think I've ever had this much trouble making a decision, and I'm bad with it at the best of times.

Bliss is one of ony a few Muse songs I've never tired of live. It's just such a great song and it works so well live too.

Ending on Bliss with an extended outro (think Hullabaloo performance) would be perfect. All the balloons and everyone going barmy, oh my <3

Bliss'll probs get played/voted in, it's just closing with it that I'd want most.

I'd just say to Matt that a gig like this is the perfect time to switch it up from Knights and literally everyone loves Bliss. Reckon he'd be up for it. I'll have to set off bloody early to get down in London for when the band arrive though :chuckle:

Feels so weird to think this is just over a month away and the next gig I'm going to.

Feels so weird to think this is just over a month away and the next gig I'm going to.

Yeah I was saying this to my +1 today, it's a little over a month away and it's our next gig too. Still feels surreal, I'm incredibly fortunate to get tickets since I usually miss out on tickets selling outrageously fast.

Then there's the fact there's songs I've been dying to hear played live might just get played at an intimate venue. Christmas has most definitely come early.

So envy of you guys that have the chance to going to all of those special gigs... :(

For someone who hasn't the resources, the only request I had, is that one (or many) of this songs gets the definite list.

Escape

Recess

TSP

Darkshines

Exo-Politics

Muscle Museum

SHOWBIZ

HTAILY

If I had a standing ticket (I'm reserved seating) I wouldn't be bothered to turn up hours early as the difference between being in the middle or the back in standing is virtually nothing.

How tall are you?

If I had a standing ticket (I'm reserved seating) I wouldn't be bothered to turn up hours early as the difference between being in the middle or the back in standing is virtually nothing.

There is quite a difference between being at the front, and being stuck at the back on the raised section behind the bar. When the front section is too busy they don't let any more people go down the stairs, so you are stuck with the crap view.

So, anyone got any idea how swapping tickets would work for this gig?

I'm fine with my ticket but if I can find someone to swap for stalls with, that'd be ideal for me. I didn't have to go through that process for Manchester Academy though so I've no idea how people organise it.

I'm fine with my ticket but if I can find someone to swap for stalls with, that'd be ideal for me. I didn't have to go through that process for Manchester Academy though so I've no idea how people organise it.

It doesn't look so easy, considering you have to present the card used to purchase the ticket before you go in. It also says tickets are non-transferable

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/paperless.html

Tbh I don't think you can. As was said, tickets are non-transferable. The only other possibility I can imagine is the other person coming to the seating entrance with you, you explaining the situation to the security people, and hoping they let you both in, even though one of you will be at the wrong entrance, and then hoping they let you go to the other area, standing in your case.

There's more than one entrance?

Yeah, asked the venue and they said "the levels queue is on the furthest right when facing the venue, standing queue on the left".

I'm unreserved level 3 seating, so I'm guessing i'll have to get to the venue relatively early to get myself a good spot on the balcony.

I may have to sacrifice pre-gig pints

I'm unreserved level 3 seating, so I'm guessing i'll have to get to the venue relatively early to get myself a good spot on the balcony.

I may have to sacrifice pre-gig pints

Show up, get your number, stick around for 30 minutes or so so that people recognise you, go for pints, come back. Easy peasy.