mate. No.

We're gonna get assassin. I'd also hedge a bet on dead star/ce/b&h...mebbe. They said they'll maybe play rare stuff in belfast depending on how it goes down in sbe.

Also come say hi to dore and i!!

oh good

and of course omg

FYI all, didn't mean that as a slight on American fans, I just there is/would inevitably be a lower conventration of hardcores attending any such like gig in the US, hence the voting would be a touch skewed.

But it's all moot even speculating - SBE could have been packed with casuals who voted for a vanilla setlist. It all depends on the ticket sale really.

But it's all moot even speculating - SBE could have been packed with casuals who voted for a vanilla setlist. It all depends on the ticket sale really.

Didn't most of the tickets get sold in the pre-sale? Guess that makes casuals slightly more unlikely...

I'm sorry to hear about that :( - but it only reinforces my belief that being right at the front is quite literally the worst place to be at any gig. It was always going to be utterly insane down there.

Yeah, but I've attended dozens of gigs from loads of different bands (including Muse once before) and I've never experienced anything like that. But I totally understand that everyone wanted to go nuts and the venue isn't the best for concerts, but it still surprised me that it was really really rough at the front.

Reminds me of my experience at Reading 2011 - I felt exactly the same way and escaped over the barrier and missed Micro Cuts, Screenager, Dark Shines. I think that was my festival naivety though not expecting that.

However, I think it is just luck in terms of placement. I deliberately hovered at the back of the floor by the sound desk for this one purposefully to try and avoid that and it was still the mightiest squeeze and I couldn't see a damn thing because of the low floor. I was also getting incredibly hot and breathless so moved over to the left hand side nearer the stairs around half way through. More space but sadly the sound was a bit meh from there (and still couldn't see anything)

Still a great show and I'm very thankful I got to be a part of it, but I'm really not cut out for these intense floor experiences :LOL:

I'm sorry for you too :( But yes, it was an unforgettable night, and I feel really grateful too to have attended it! :)

Didn't most of the tickets get sold in the pre-sale? Guess that makes casuals slightly more unlikely...

True, but the protections on the presale weren't exactly stringent - anyone who swung by the website or any news story on it would have known.

Fucking hell, love how clear the bass is in those. Chris never misses a beat, he's such a machine. All the little fills in Showbiz too!

As I take no interest in the technicalities of playing live please can someone explain to me what in-ear monitor recordings are? :$

It's pretty much just what the guys hear in their ear throughout the gig. I don't know how people get hold of the recordings however.

As I take no interest in the technicalities of playing live please can someone explain to me what in-ear monitor recordings are? :$
Basically what the band hears in their earpieces. Basically so they can hear what they play no matter how loud the audience gets.

Which is why in Chris' in-ear recordings the bass is very prominent. It's a mix made for his ears so he can hear what's important for his playing.

The band basically wear little wireless earphone monitors, which allows them to hear everything they're playing clearly and provides a metronome to keep them in time (the click sound). You can basically connect to the monitor as well and record the audio if you have the right equipment.

The end of the gig was just complete mayhem. While flying crowd surfing I got spun around, saw people getting naked before landing a meter from Chris just off the barrier and thought "well surely someone hasn't survived this", especially since people were pulled out of the crowd as early as during dead star. Also, the whole Assassin -> dead star intro was a bit like the battle of the bastards. You were just crushed to death

I took this picture at the end of Knights. Are you the guy who wore that Swedish colored viking hat being pulled out be the security? :LOL:

gcP8jQfl.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about that :( - but it only reinforces my belief that being right at the front is quite literally the worst place to be at any gig. It was always going to be utterly insane down there.

Yeah, but I've attended dozens of gigs from loads of different bands (including Muse once before) and I've never experienced anything like that. But I totally understand that everyone wanted to go nuts and the venue isn't the best for concerts, but it still surprised me that it was really really rough at the front.

After all I've also been to many shows with a packed audience and experienced to stand tightly. But this one just seemed like a whole other level. Even before the band when on stage it looked like people were standing unusually tight, but when they did the whole floor just moved even closer to the front. Of course it's part of the experience, but it must have been uncomfortable enough to not enjoy the show 100%, if you were not in the first three rows I guess.

I think aiming for 15-20th row at Reading will be just perfect.

Ah I see. Heh I knew about the click track but *ahem* didn't realise they heard themselves playing oh god I'm so dim. Now everything makes sense :LOL: Thanks for indulging my ignorance!

Jeez, what a fricken show!

Showed up just before 11am to queue for the seating, and met some awesome people in the line. Came closest to meeting Chris, before they changed the alley barriers, but he went for the stage door when he was close to it.

I can't believe that show. The atmosphere, the sound, the performance. I've seen Hysteria, PiB and Knights so many times, but not in a venue like that. The intimacy and intensity of those songs, as well as the other songs, live was incredible.

This is before you get on to SFA, Showbiz, Glorious and Easily. SFA being my favourite song, tears were shed. I had my doubts as to whether it would make top 10. The response and crowd singing for Showbiz really pushed the performance higher than it was.

My only disappointment was Fury. I voted for it but it didn't fill me with the same energy that the others did.

Best gig ever, from any band I've seen.

Fucking hell, love how clear the bass is in those. Chris never misses a beat, he's such a machine. All the little fills in Showbiz too!

He really is. I adore his tone these days.

Is there a studio type recording of the Assassin Outro? All I can ever find is the like, elongated middle section with the guitar wankery

Is there a studio type recording of the Assassin Outro? All I can ever find is the like, elongated middle section with the guitar wankery

2:28, but live they play it at the end as an outro

I think that's the version he mentioned in the second part of his post.

There is a clean (fanmade) version of GOB though, which is at least more similar to the live version.

In-ear monitor recordings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/6v0dqe/iem_recordings/

That's me shouting "Glorious!!" when Dom introduces it :LOL:

These are amazing!

Thanks for posting, thought it was a troll at first, but really sounds genuine.

Chris's harmonic singing is spot on. Must admit I didn't hear that in the mix on Sat, prob bec I was too busy bouncing and singing along myself.

Epic night.

Anyone done a comparison of New Born BPM from the other night with performances from TR / T2L / Drones?

Those IEM recordings are great. I always find it so funny how they have that microsoft sam-like voice stating the song name. I'd laugh myself silly every time.

But it really is amazing to hear Chris like this, his playing is so incredibly tight.

edit: also the crowd's volume when Showbiz kicks in, for a IEM mix, is ridiculous. That's awesome.

Edited by s3ker

Something interesting I don't think has been mentioned before, but Matt said 47.1% of voters voted for Showbiz, which got 683 votes, which would imply 1450 voted. SBE has a capacity of 2000. So 500+ people didn't vote?