So I’m now back to home in Finland. Let me say first; OH MY GOD WHAT A GIG! The most insane show I’ve ever attended, and to be honest, this is going to be hard to beat.

I started queuing at 5.20am, at number 54. Long story short, the queuing was very well organized, the security people (especially Laura) were really friendly and open about everything. Things started to get messy with the O2 customers getting their own queue and literally people turning up right before doors got in same/better spots as fans that had been queuing forever! All the fans were really nice and everyone was in a great mood, this was my best queuing experience so far and it was fun to meet new people. We could hear them soundchecking Glorious, and we were making guesses about the first time, and we really liked the idea of Assassin starting the show.

When doors opened after 7pm/19.00, I got to the third row. That stage was so low I could barely see something. But after 9pm, when lights go out, crowd is shouting and the band walks on stage. And then, Assassin kicks in. Holy sh*t what a way to start. The crowd was so loud, everyone was pushing me from all sides, I couldn’t breath and it was so hot, I started sweating instantly more than I had ever before. I knew I couldn’t take the whole gig in that kind of circumstances. My glasses and phone were being dropped all the time, I nearly fell to the ground so many times, and I could already feel where I was going to get bruises, lol. Dead Star and then Muscle Museum, I was so excited, but I couldn’t take it anymore. I literally felt like I was going to faint and die, and I got an asthma and a panic attack, I just had to run away/squeeze out from the front as nobody couldn’t hear or see me asking for help. The rest of the show, I couldn’t see anything, and I was feeling like sh*t, but it was totally worth it. The setlist was so spot-on, and the performances of the songs were amazing. I’m disappointed in myself that I couldn’t stay at the front for the entire show, but I never felt so bad in my life, and I wanted to hear all the songs. And there’s really no reason to complain, I got tickets to the show and heard every song. So unforgettable, this show made history.

I’m now uploading the songs I got to Youtube, I’ll make sure to post links here (Spoilers: they are so shaky and bad angle, but sound is very good!)

Easily and Showbiz already uploaded;

OMG !! Still aw-struck ! Just got back to Scotland not long ago, have tails of cancelled flights on the Saturday morning, missing people, run in with dodgy security guards, etc !!

However, the show was simply amazing...

They really did deliver, just wish, looking down on that pit from level 3, that I'd been there, looked incredible !

Where's the best videos currently at, that include showcasing how crazy loud and awesome the crowd were !

Hope all loved it, great to read some fantastic reports so far on here and from those that got to follow along on stream and live it too <3

I’m now uploading the songs I got to Youtube, I’ll make sure to post links here (Spoilers: they are so shaky and bad angle, but sound is very good!)

sound is quite good on those!

back stateside now -- nice to be able to relive the gig 24 hrs later...

I never thought I'd be able to choose my favourite Muse gig - I've always had a few that topped that list but just couldn't decide between them including 'special' gigs like RAH as well as normal tour gigs that had a rare song or outstanding moment but last night wasn't just one or two outstanding moments it was the whole damn gig! Somehow it was just on another level to my previous muse gigs.

The crowd was insane, the volume of singing along on MM and S4A was amazing, not to mention that setlist (to which I have no words right now). The atmosphere was electric and the boys were clearly enjoying it just as much as us! I'm sure Matt jumped around a lot more than usual! Also I loved the reaction between Matt & Chris to the crowd on MM - it was almost a look of 'damn this is gonna be good' :LOL:

I'm not sure I've quite got my head round just how good it was yet!

From Matt:

Song / votes / percentage of voters

1 Showbiz 683 47.1%

2 Muscle Museum 629 43.38%

3 Assassin 437 30.14%

4 Fury 433 29.86%

5 Dead Star 413 28.48%

6 Citizen Erased 400 27.59%

7 Easily 391 26.97%

8 Sing For Absolution 373 25.72%

9 Glorious 357 24.62%

10 Butterflies and Hurricanes 356 24.55%

So nearly half of everyone who voted went for Showbiz. That's incredible. The stats for MM too. Massive evidence people WANT to hear classic oldies.

Also, disregarding Easily (because I think that only did as well as it did when Matt planted the seed in that interview), it's a crushing, resounding nod for Muse circa 2001-2005 when just about all those other songs were doing the rounds in setlists.

I might sound like a broken record on here at times, but Muse peaked in 2004. That is just incontrovertibly true.

Also, listening to the stream back, Futurism came in at 12 (said Matt after the song) and they played it. So Eternally Missed, going by that tweet of Matt's, really must have been number 11. So near yet so far :(. Again though, another one of those songs conceived late-01 into early-02 and demo'd around that time ahead of Absolution.

Edited by Clunge

So I’m now back to home in Finland. Let me say first; OH MY GOD WHAT A GIG! The most insane show I’ve ever attended, and to be honest, this is going to be hard to beat.

I started queuing at 5.20am, at number 54. Long story short, the queuing was very well organized, the security people (especially Laura) were really friendly and open about everything. Things started to get messy with the O2 customers getting their own queue and literally people turning up right before doors got in same/better spots as fans that had been queuing forever! All the fans were really nice and everyone was in a great mood, this was my best queuing experience so far and it was fun to meet new people. We could hear them soundchecking Glorious, and we were making guesses about the first time, and we really liked the idea of Assassin starting the show.

When doors opened after 7pm/19.00, I got to the third row. That stage was so low I could barely see something. But after 9pm, when lights go out, crowd is shouting and the band walks on stage. And then, Assassin kicks in. Holy sh*t what a way to start. The crowd was so loud, everyone was pushing me from all sides, I couldn’t breath and it was so hot, I started sweating instantly more than I had ever before. I knew I couldn’t take the whole gig in that kind of circumstances. My glasses and phone were being dropped all the time, I nearly fell to the ground so many times, and I could already feel where I was going to get bruises, lol. Dead Star and then Muscle Museum, I was so excited, but I couldn’t take it anymore. I literally felt like I was going to faint and die, and I got an asthma and a panic attack, I just had to run away/squeeze out from the front as nobody couldn’t hear or see me asking for help. The rest of the show, I couldn’t see anything, and I was feeling like sh*t, but it was totally worth it. The setlist was so spot-on, and the performances of the songs were amazing. I’m disappointed in myself that I couldn’t stay at the front for the entire show, but I never felt so bad in my life, and I wanted to hear all the songs. And there’s really no reason to complain, I got tickets to the show and heard every song. So unforgettable, this show made history.

I'm sorry to hear about that :( - but it only reinforces my belief that being right at the front is quite literally the worst place to be at any gig. It was always going to be utterly insane down there.

Reminds me of my experience at Reading 2011 - I felt exactly the same way and escaped over the barrier and missed Micro Cuts, Screenager, Dark Shines. I think that was my festival naivety though not expecting that.

However, I think it is just luck in terms of placement. I deliberately hovered at the back of the floor by the sound desk for this one purposefully to try and avoid that and it was still the mightiest squeeze and I couldn't see a damn thing because of the low floor. I was also getting incredibly hot and breathless so moved over to the left hand side nearer the stairs around half way through. More space but sadly the sound was a bit meh from there (and still couldn't see anything)

Still a great show and I'm very thankful I got to be a part of it, but I'm really not cut out for these intense floor experiences :LOL:

From Matt:

Song / votes / percentage of voters

1 Showbiz 683 47.1%

2 Muscle Museum 629 43.38%

3 Assassin 437 30.14%

4 Fury 433 29.86%

5 Dead Star 413 28.48%

6 Citizen Erased 400 27.59%

7 Easily 391 26.97%

8 Sing For Absolution 373 25.72%

9 Glorious 357 24.62%

10 Butterflies and Hurricanes 356 24.55%

interesting question: how wildly would the results differ if this was done in other countries?

maybe we'll have a chance to find out down the road...

I dread to think of the US results, sorry 'Murica :LOL:.

Yeah, I kind of refuse to believe the sets they tend to play to Americans are actually indicative of what most American fans would want. They actually did used to play decent, if not great, sets here back when they played clubs. I have faith that can happen again, despite those Psycho US shows not being nearly as good as the UK ones.

That being said, Showbiz didn't have much of a splash here, Origin wasn't even released for years, and Absolution saw a delayed release as well so it's hard to fault American fans when Black Holes was the starting point for a lot of people.

With thanks and a million hugs to 'Goldfish_Sara' of this parish i managed to get 2 tickets on floor 2 for the gig and set off at 2.30 from Liverpool.

(...)

Anyway, i experienced my best Muse gig, and am in need of more of the same, small intimate muse concerts and hope they do something similar soon.

As for 'Goldfish_Sara', what a star and i cannot thank her enough. Thanks Sara

Dave

Naww, you are very welcome!! I was just happy those tickets were making their way to some deserving fans!! Pay it forward and all that...

Loved meeting you guys and seeing how excited you were!! Pretty crazy to just drive down on the day! Haha

All in all this gig was perfect for me, everything just fell into place perfectly, I am still on an emotional high and you guys were the perfect fans to meet up with! <3

I dread to think of the US results, sorry 'Murica :LOL:.

same, which is kinda why i bit the bullet to attend SBE.

They actually did used to play decent, if not great, sets here back when they played clubs. I have faith that can happen again, despite those Psycho US shows not being nearly as good as the UK ones.

That being said, Showbiz didn't have much of a splash here, Origin wasn't even released for years, and Absolution saw a delayed release as well so it's hard to fault American fans when Black Holes was the starting point for a lot of people.

indeed -- if not for the P2P file-sharing sites in the early 2000s, i wouldn't have caught on to them in time to get to those early club shows before they finally got enough airtime on radio/MTV on a consistent basis to get them rolling over here.

I'm more curious than fearful. It would be different, worse, but I wonder how bad it would really be.

i hope the fan base gets more opportunities like this to see how it shakes out.

If the show is in an arena the results would be the same in pretty much every country I think.

i agree -- larger sample sizes would tend to normalize the results inherently.

the question is, how would the vote vary for 2,000 cap "club" shows in, e.g., tokyo, paris, rome, madrid/barcelona, munich, stockholm, sydney/melbourne, NY, LA, sãu paulo/rio/buenos aires, etc.?

Awesome night on Saturday.

From the very moment they kicked off with 'Assassin' I just knew it was going to be a memorable one and boy did they deliver. 'Dead Star' and 'Muscle Museum' next up cemented my top three picks so I wasn't overly upset by the omissions of 'Atheist' or 'Small Print'.

Agree with some points about the vocal mix being quiet but, to be honest, the crowd singing would have drowned Matt out even if it had been better.

Crowd was phenomenal down at the front. I genuinely thought the barrier was going to break at one point.

I don't think I'll be seeing Muse for a while now but Saturday's show will certainly tie me over for a fair few years.

Until next time, Muse, whenever that will be, I salute you.

Hope they put on a good Reading show to watch on Sunday evening.

mate. No.

We're gonna get assassin. I'd also hedge a bet on dead star/ce/b&h...mebbe. They said they'll maybe play rare stuff in belfast depending on how it goes down in sbe.

Also come say hi to dore and i!!

oh good

and of course omg

FYI all, didn't mean that as a slight on American fans, I just there is/would inevitably be a lower conventration of hardcores attending any such like gig in the US, hence the voting would be a touch skewed.

But it's all moot even speculating - SBE could have been packed with casuals who voted for a vanilla setlist. It all depends on the ticket sale really.