I feel hungover from this gig. 😂

Managed to meet the band before and then got into the venue about an hour after doors have opened. Never been to SBE before but think it is stunning and hopefully not my last gig there. 😁

Didn't know how they'd work the songs Into the set but it was incredible. Assassin and Glorious were some personal faves.

Oh that reminds me I was waiting around for a bit afterwards hoping to meet Matt and Dom and heard some people legit complaining that they didn't play Dig Down or SMBH, because "it's just not a muse gig without smbh".

It's people like this that make me even more mad that I couldn't get a ticket. This is why I wont go to UK arena tours anymore. Most fans attending are clowns. They don't know the lyrics to anything released before Revelations.

I just watched a couple of half decent recordings on Youtube of Assassin and Easily. Looks like eveyone was having a good time!

Just something I noticed yesterday and on several relistenings - in Showbiz the lyrics are "they make me", but yesterday Matt sang "they'll make me". An interesting change imo considering the meaning of the song. (Or he just forgot the actual lyrics lol).

Edited by Jazzthief

Like Tjet said earlier the band had to be different in terms of the songs they played because this was the theme of the gig, I knew I would hear some rubbish anyhow & I'm just displeased about those 4 songs.

On the whole it was well worth the price & going I would never have attempted to get tickets for them had it been just a typical gig etc I'm not even into anything post 2003 really but the Live gigs kept me going etc but by 2006 Muse were just too boring with their set lists etc

So much for the photo ID, they only wanted the card, what a fiasco over nothing, I got in at 8.35pm I was literally just at the sound desk by the time it started 6 people away from the front. I think we missed 4 songs at least due to their 20 min delay. It did make me angry as there was no support & no stage production/props, everything was ready etc

The crowd was like the old days too, it was manic in the standing area as soon as the lights went out, I saw them in the same venue 17 yrs ago, Matt did get the 2nd verse wrong for SFA lol but corrected himself.

1st 3 songs & Fury were excellent. The finale of New Born to them going off stage was one of the highlights for me, the riffs were just going crazy & everyone going nuts in the standing area was epic, I'm not too old for it thankfully but I'm sure that's last time I'll see them.

So after Showbiz, Matt says: "That will be back, it might be back now."

Sounds good for Reading - curiously, the last major festival they played it at IIRC :LOL:.

I'm attending Belfast on Wednesday and I think people are getting way ahead of themselves in thinking Showbiz will be played - if anything it's going to be at Reading.

Watching some videos now and holy shit. I mean I knew it there but watching recordings you really realise how fucking incredible the crowd was. Everyone joining in on 'rooose..' for glorious, a b-side (that shouldn't be a b-side but still), drowning matt out we're so loud is just.. well... glorious.

christ. im so happy about this gig.

Oh that reminds me I was waiting around for a bit afterwards hoping to meet Matt and Dom and heard some people legit complaining that they didn't play Dig Down or SMBH, because "it's just not a muse gig without smbh".

Those people apparently have no idea why they were there last night. Hell the fact that they played PIB Hysteria and KoC was kind of weird. But oh well.

Probably the same people who saw a member of the band arrive, only to say "Oh, it's just Chris" and walk off. To which someone replied "It's JUST Chris? Get the fuck out!!".

They could have been saying it ironically though, lots of jokes about Dig Down in the queue and at the venue.

Anyone getting butthurt about Hysteria, PiB and Knights can gtfo frankly. Muse, for once, demivered exactly what they promised. Any embellishments to the set, if they even were that and not voted songs, like Hysteria, PiB and Knights were the right choices. They fit, and they sounded a great tone of familiarity among EVERYONE. I think 100% all deep cuts and rares would have lost a bit of that moment every single person is united.

Yes, there are 20 other songs I'd love to have seen, but there is a finite limit and what was played was stellar.

You can jog on if you think otherwise :hrmpf:.

I'm going to Belfast and I know I'm going to be disappointed. Which makes me sound like the worst first world problem motherfucker on the planet but there it is :awesome:

Mate. No.

We're gonna get Assassin. I'd also hedge a bet on Dead Star/CE/B&H...mebbe. They said they'll maybe play rare stuff in Belfast depending on how it goes down in SBE.

Also come say hi to Dore and I!!

Anyone getting butthurt about Hysteria, PiB and Knights can gtfo frankly. Muse, for once, demivered exactly what they promised. Any embellishments to the set, if they even were that and not voted songs, like Hysteria, PiB and Knights were the right choices. They fit, and they sounded a great tone of familiarity among EVERYONE. I think 100% all deep cuts and rares would have lost a bit of that moment every single person is united.

Yes, there are 20 other songs I'd love to have seen, but there is a finite limit and what was played was stellar.

Yeah that's totally spot-on.

After re-watching the gig I've concluded that I must be broken. It was a bloody good show.

Absolutely spot on!

Pumped for everyone that got to witness that. I was in the Atlanta IKEA when the concert started so I sat down in the store and watched while my wife shopped. I was pumped when they led off with Assassin and by the time they got through Dead Star and Muscle Museum I was so fired up I was ready to start breaking couches and shit. I'm forever envious of those who were in attendance.