I keep rewatching my recording for Glorious, it's just so beautiful live. The ascending riffs give me so many goosebumps, these older songs have just gotten better over time, they're brilliant. I hope they play them more in the future because they're gold and gold shouldn't be scrapped. :happy:

And I agree with some of the previous posters, Matt was very chatty last night (though he talks so fast sometimes I can't make him out :LOL:) and it felt like they were loving every moment of the gig. I could catch the three throwing grins at each other. Must be a massive nostalgia trip for them as well!

Few more thoughts this morning.

I think the absolute best thing about this show was the exchange between fans and band. The crowd went bananas for everything, songs that really are deeper cuts. And the band just lapped that up.

I really hope the band take on board the reactions particularly to Muscle Museum, Showbiz and Dead Star. It was incredible, I've never heard a singalong like it at a Muse gig. I really hope it makes them realise these deeper cuts do have a place in their 2017 shows. It just feels like during recent tour cycles, save perhaps for the 2015 festivals, they're unable to step back and take a broader view of what they're doing. Drop 2/3 of those cuts into any 2017 set and A. they'd fit and go down well, and B. wouldn't drive away casuals.

I'm trying to think of anything else about that gig that was a let down and I can only come up with the most minor of beefs. Knights closing again (it still sounded huge and watching the pit from level 2 was amazing). Oh, and I think Dead Star into Assassin would have been a better opening but that's splitting hairs.

I love it after the D&B Jam when Matt just sidled up to the mic and said "okay, so this song won by MILES". Cue Showbiz.

Anyone complaining, fair enough - but I do not share a jot of your views. I thought that was Muse delivering EXACTLY what they promised. No songs post-2006! Incredible.

Did anyone note the little Glasto '04 run? Hysteria, New Born and Sing For Absolution all in a row :awesome:. Btw, even if the band DID choose a few numbers themselves, they chose sensitively to the gig.

Does this now mean Showbiz is officially the most loved Muse song? Suits me. I saw the previous 'last ever' performance of it at Manchester in 2006. 11 years later, I can still claim that for now :happy:.

Highlights for me:

- The opening three numbers, legit my ACTUAL top three I voted for.

- The MM singalong.

- Hearing B&H again, so good live.

- I'm not a fan of either song, but hearing Easily and Glorious live was a moment for sure.

- The atmosphere, that was the 'nicest' Muse gig I've ever been to.

- 'Dem New Born riffffzzz :facemelt:.

- Hearing Assassin AT LAST, I've missed it so many times over the years.

- Best 13th Muse gig ever, I think it's vying for my number one Muse gig with Reading 2011, Download 2015 and Earls Court 2004.

Ahhhh. That was just so great. And it was great to share it during and after with some of my favourite boardies :happy:. Seeing Max lose his shit and just scream at everything for like 15 minutes was lolarious.

And I agree with some of the previous posters, Matt was very chatty last night (though he talks so fast sometimes I can't make him out :LOL:) and it felt like they were loving every moment of the gig. I could catch the three throwing grins at each other. Must be a massive nostalgia trip for them as well!

and you're a feckin native speaker. imagine how hard it is for a German like me to follow his words - it's feckin impossible :LOL:

That was my 17th time and definitely replaces RAH as my fav gig

It's only my 2nd time in the past 6 years due to skipping the 2nd law era; I didn't mind drones so caught them on tour last year and remembered how much I love them live.

I went into the pit with a knackered ankle and spent my journey it quite a lot of pain but my god it was so worth it

On the train on my way home now.

Playlist made of last nights set, trying my hardest not to sing along to it in the quiet coach!

Thanks to everyone I met both before and during the gig, we all shared an amazing experience.

See you all again soon!

Thinking about this a bit more - I think it was actually the ABSENCES in the set that made it even better. There was no Uprising, TIRO, Starlight, Undisclosed, Madness, etc, to look back on and think 'well that was a waste' or 'yup, definitely haven't seen that one 13 times'.

Oh that reminds me I was waiting around for a bit afterwards hoping to meet Matt and Dom and heard some people legit complaining that they didn't play Dig Down or SMBH, because "it's just not a muse gig without smbh".
Punch them in the face.

35 muse gigs over the last 16 years with some memorable gigs and songs, but last night was something special! Always going to be people that are negative but that's their problem, feel sorry that a gig like this and they still aren't happy. Fantastic setlist, venue and crowd. What a night!

Okay proper 'review' time. First overseas Muse gig and first one in general for four years 🤙🏼

The setlist was absolutely mental. Assassin -> Dead Star -> Muscle Museum was such an incredible run to open the gig. Gonna be such a let down at reading now when they open up with Dig Down haha.

When Matt let the crowd sing the second half of the first verse to MM Chris' face just said it all and hopefully that's proved to them that people actually DO want to hear these songs, regularly.

Dead Star, Fury and Showbiz were the real high points for me. Have wanted to see the first two for so long and it was a really pleasant surprise to hear Matt actually sing showbiz so well! Definitely think they should just start playing more songs 1/2 step down to accomodate Matt's voice.

The fact that they played Easily was mental but I'd probably be okay not hearing it again live - Glorious on the other hand... god... damn.

No complaints from me about flow really as the song choices more than made up for anything like that.

Sound was really good where I was - Matt's side about three or four rows back.

And on the subject of the staples, if I'm going to get any three staples thrown into a rarity set Hysteria, PiB and Knights definitely aren't bad ones to get.

Thinking about this a bit more - I think it was actually the ABSENCES in the set that made it even better. There was no Uprising, TIRO, Starlight, Undisclosed, Madness, etc, to look back on and think 'well that was a waste' or 'yup, definitely haven't seen that one 13 times'.

Yeah agreed. Last night was Muse doing what they do best - guitar, drums, piano, Matt's voice.

Assassin->Deadstar->Muscle Museum opener was thrilling. And no shit stuff to follow.

I've only ever heard Showbiz live twice before, and Glorious once, and such a long time ago.

In 60 + Muse gigs in 14 years (stopped counting at 60), this gig had the excitement of seeing them for the first time.

Not sure if I'll go to Reading now though. Can only be a let down after that.

Just one other thing about the sound too, and while I've noticed this/known it to be true for years now, all Muse's heaviness live now comes from Chris. And I mean, I do love that, but I just think Matt could do with beefing up his tones a little bit to add a little extra heaviness and crunch to the truly heavy bits, especially when the guitar is either alone (New Born riff) or just needs to really propel a certain bit of the song (the Glorious riff suffered a bit imo).

The balance got a little better through the gig it must be said, certainly by Fury which was just absolutely HUGE.