If you're complaining about this gig, I honestly don't know what the band would have to do to please you.

Other than not close with MWAH + Knights.

They had to play ONLY songs they hadn't played before, obviously.

I thought that they were going to play Shine Acoustic at some point but it was an intro to Glorious, which was quite simply, well, glorious?

We went insane when Assassin started, I was near the back but everybody in front moved forwards when the song started, so of course I followed them lol. In the ensuing mayhem, I managed to get into the middle.

The riffs after New Born, genuinely thought I was going to pass out lol.

That may have just surpassed the RAH as my favourite Muse gig ever, omfg. I was stood in the level 2 balcony and just had an insane view, which was one thing, but then they started with Assassin?! And GLORIOUS? Like, nothing in this setlist was disappointing, and the crowd was AMAZING too. For me the ooonly way it could have been better is if they snuck a sneaky Bliss in there but tbh I've seen that one live enough times for it not to matter. We got Glorious, man, I'm good.

Fair enough. Since they've already played Assassin this tour next time they can open with Aftermath. They both start with A so it works.

And now that you only had to attend this gig in order to get Easily and Glorious, I guess those are out for future rarity gigs. Time to replace them with...uhm...Soaked and Prague?

And now that you only had to attend this gig in order to get Easily and Glorious, I guess those are out for future rarity gigs. Time to replace them with...uhm...Soaked and Prague?

Any non-played song except Falling Away With You which will never be played live ever.

I struggle to understand how they never ever played Glorious between 2006 and 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just forgot. Like, it was tested out for some small venues in 2005 then dropped. And fans never really asked for it since it would be a waste of a request.

Still don't know whether to be happy for people that went and to see they bought these songs out, or gutted I couldn't get a ticket. Although I can always be both. Looked like a good time on Tom's Instagram stream, and I've heard the crowd was hell of a raucous one.

Don't know if I'm able to make any of the 3 UK dates this week... hopefully if not something might stick around for next year.

Any non-played song except Falling Away With You which will never be played live ever.

Not sure if we're still joking or what's happening :LOL:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just forgot. Like, it was tested out for some small venues in 2005 then dropped. And fans never really asked for it since it would be a waste of a request.
Dom has said twice now that he's been trying to get Matt to play it for ages.

Glorious

Assassin

HT&ILY

Showbiz

Space Dementia

This single show would take out most of this list that has not changed since 2011.

Not sure if we're still joking or what's happening :LOL:

I mean Soaked would also be a more interesting piano section than has been done for the past few years so

Just woke up. What a night.

Was in level 2 in the wings with a great view, probably wouldn't have even swapped it for standing.

Highlights:

Assassin into Dead Star was incredible

Showbiz - Matt surpassed my expectations vocally

Muscle Museum, again Matt did better than I thought he would with the last part.

Too Many Puppies into Futurism - for a moment I thought they were gonna whack out a full cover.

All in all, easily the best muse gig I've been to, no doubt Belfast will be a crock of shit on Wednesday 😊

So that was only my second Muse gig ever and first in four years...luckily my third is only a week away!

As much as I loved them at Emirates, there's a massive difference between seeing them far away in a huge arena surrounded by casuals who only know a couple of songs, to being almost at the front of the stage in a mad crowd of fans singing along to EVERY WORD. Not just my best Muse gig ever but up there with one of the best I've seen by any band, ever.

Random thoughts/moments:

* Pretty much destroyed my voice screaming to Muscle Museum, so was pleased it got played early on. Apologies to any around me I deafened but hearing that alone immediately made the £88 more than worth it.

* The huge grin on Dom's face while playing Glorious!

* Butterflies & Hurricanes summed up the Emirates Stadium/SBE difference perfectly. People around me standing around chatting at Emirates ignoring the song, versus several hundred screams of "BEEEEESSST!!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE THE BEEESSSST!!" at SBE...an easy winner!

* Citizen was my 11th choice and it was slightly painful that it narrowly missed out on my top 10, as desperate as I was to hear it I wanted to prioritise rarer tracks. I've always wondered if it sounds as good live as on OOS...YES IT DOES. Damn at that ending!!

* Goosebumps at that first "Controlling my feelings for so long..."

* I'm guessing Hysteria acted as a substitute for FAWY and/or Eternally Missed, given how closely linked it is to both songs (previous album track/B-side). Wonder if they attempted to rehearse them or immediately decided they wouldn't work? Either way it still sounded great - they picked the right staples to include among the rarities, something like Starlight would have been fairly anticlimatic!

* New Born was my 14th - missed it (and Dead Star) at Emirates by one day, so the first time I'd heard it live! After those million riffs (+Yes Please, in my top 10 but didn't expect for a second they'd actually do it!) I'd be happy even without an encore, but cus of spoilers I knew at least one more was coming...

* LOL at Matt's passive aggressive intro to S4A, I got the feeling he's not a huge fan of it :p Amazing to hear - one of the first songs of theirs I ever heard, as already exhausted as I was by now.

* Of all the non-rarities they play my fave Muse song of all time with Plug In Baby!! Was expecting to wait a week to hear it so fantastic to get it at SBE!

* My attempt to sing along to Futurism ended in a hilarious croak, my voice was totally gone by then. As others have mentioned loved the intro, someone near me thought it was a new song!

* A ton of people left when the harmonica started so I could finally get right to the front in time for Knights. Again, the "regular" tracks were picked perfectly, keeping the energy going and the mass jumping around during the second half was a perfect end to the evening.

Thanks to all I met during my eleven hour queuing experience and looking forward to what they'll give us in seven days time!

So that was only my second Muse gig ever and first in four years...luckily my third is only a week away!

As much as I loved them at Emirates, there's a massive difference between seeing them far away in a huge arena surrounded by casuals who only know a couple of songs, to being almost at the front of the stage in a mad crowd of fans singing along to EVERY WORD. Not just my best Muse gig ever but up there with one of the best I've seen by any band, ever.

Random thoughts/moments:

* Pretty much destroyed my voice screaming to Muscle Museum, so was pleased it got played early on. Apologies to any around me I deafened but hearing that alone immediately made the £88 more than worth it.

* The huge grin on Dom's face while playing Glorious!

* Butterflies & Hurricanes summed up the Emirates Stadium/SBE difference perfectly. People around me standing around chatting at Emirates ignoring the song, versus several hundred screams of "BEEEEESSST!!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE THE BEEESSSST!!" at SBE...an easy winner!

* Citizen was my 11th choice and it was slightly painful that it narrowly missed out on my top 10, as desperate as I was to hear it I wanted to prioritise rarer tracks. I've always wondered if it sounds as good live as on OOS...YES IT DOES. Damn at that ending!!

* Goosebumps at that first "Controlling my feelings for so long..."

* I'm guessing Hysteria acted as a substitute for FAWY and/or Eternally Missed, given how closely linked it is to both songs (previous album track/B-side). Wonder if they attempted to rehearse them or immediately decided they wouldn't work? Either way it still sounded great - they picked the right staples to include among the rarities, something like Starlight would have been fairly anticlimatic!

* New Born was my 14th - missed it (and Dead Star) at Emirates by one day, so the first time I'd heard it live! After those million riffs (+Yes Please, in my top 10 but didn't expect for a second they'd actually do it!) I'd be happy even without an encore, but cus of spoilers I knew at least one more was coming...

* LOL at Matt's passive aggressive intro to S4A, I got the feeling he's not a huge fan of it :p Amazing to hear - one of the first songs of theirs I ever heard, as already exhausted as I was by now.

* Of all the non-rarities they play my fave Muse song of all time with Plug In Baby!! Was expecting to wait a week to hear it so fantastic to get it at SBE!

* My attempt to sing along to Futurism ended in a hilarious croak, my voice was totally gone by then. As others have mentioned loved the intro, someone near me thought it was a new song!

* A ton of people left when the harmonica started so I could finally get right to the front in time for Knights. Again, the "regular" tracks were picked perfectly, keeping the energy going and the mass jumping around during the second half was a perfect end to the evening.

Thanks to all I met during my eleven hour queuing experience and looking forward to what they'll give us in seven days time!

I usually hate me too posts but me too, pretty much all of it! Although that was me getting pulled out at the beginning of the second encore coz of impending panic attack (no thanks to the barrier people who refused to move so the security could get me out, thanks for that :mad:)

Dom's face in Glorious was pretty much :awesome: the whole way through :happy: In fact all of them seemed to enjoy the hell out of the whole gig and I loved watching them do so.

I think one of the best things as the first five or six songs unfolded was realising fuck me they're actually doing this!!

Edited by BlueEyedFloozy

When you put it that way it gives me some hope haha.

I am hopeful as well! It's only ten set lists away. They're aware they shunned us last year. It's the end of touring.

Also isn't this Catherine lady from Australia? The one they dropped surprise Fury for in Melbourne 2013? At the one show out of four shows that I DIDN'T go to?

(Not that I'm still upset :p)