Yeah. I think me and Muse are over. :(

Pros:

- Basically every song was old

- (Almost) every song is awesome

Cons:

- Wasn't feeling the order particularly (especially intro?)

- Feel like the setlist needed some lighter/slower songs to balance it out

- Sound quality... couldn't really hear Matt sing at all, but maybe that's where I was stood

- Audience around me was quite weird, like there was some weird feeling of aggression in the air.. can't put my finger on it, maybe it was just that there were a lot of blokes, I felt too old and not as into Muse as everyone around me...

- Just don't really get proper moshing to Muse. It ain't Tool.

- Probably the only gig of my life where I couldn't see anything for the entire set. Not Muse's fault and would probably have been way better had I been seated.

MEH I DUNNO. I just know I feel disappointed and kind of sad, as I've liked Muse for so long and thought this could maybe top my 2003 gig feels. But nope. :'(

It looked and sounded pretty good on the stream, but I've felt that way too about gigs lately. Could it be that you have changed? I mean, for sure Muse have, but I can't say I've had a proper gig high since I was 25.

It looked and sounded pretty good on the stream, but I've felt that way too about gigs lately. Could it be that you have changed? I mean, for sure Muse have, but I can't say I've had a proper gig high since I was 25.

I know what you mean, but I saw Placebo last year (and I'd say I like Muse quite a lot more than Placebo) but that gig was incredible - the sound quality was beautiful, the people were chilled and respectful and I left with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Ah I dunno. Looks like everyone else loved it so I guess it's just me.

I was standing, about 10 rows from stage in front of Chris. Couldn't see a damn thing but still think it's the best Muse gig I've ever been too. All I've ever wanted was Muscle Museum and I got it. Shame no Cave for me or COD for Jobby. Bloody wasted my vote. :LOL:

Yeah. I think me and Muse are over. :(

Pros:

- Basically every song was old

- (Almost) every song is awesome

Cons:

- Wasn't feeling the order particularly (especially intro?)

- Feel like the setlist needed some lighter/slower songs to balance it out

- Sound quality... couldn't really hear Matt sing at all, but maybe that's where I was stood

- Audience around me was quite weird, like there was some weird feeling of aggression in the air.. can't put my finger on it, maybe it was just that there were a lot of blokes, I felt too old and not as into Muse as everyone around me...

- Just don't really get proper moshing to Muse. It ain't Tool.

- Probably the only gig of my life where I couldn't see anything for the entire set. Not Muse's fault and would probably have been way better had I been seated.

MEH I DUNNO. I just know I feel disappointed and kind of sad, as I've liked Muse for so long and thought this could maybe top my 2003 gig feels. But nope. :'(

Sound was fine for me. Every gig I've ever been to has way more men than women (doesn't make it right but I'm resigned to it). The best way to go into this gig was expecting absolutely nothing and that makes it much better imo.

That was unbelievable, probbaly the best show I've ever seen. Jesus wept, that opening trio.

It went off during Easily where I was, never been a massive fan of the song but I thought it sounded great.

Met Matt and Dom after the gig, I told Matt he nailed Showbiz and it sounded great a half step down. He said despite it being a tough one, he really enjoyed playing it. They were on such good form tonight, I don't think I've ever seen Matt so chatty in a gig.

That was great. Hopefully some of these songs stick around. I'd kill to see either Glorious, Easily, and Showbiz.

Interesting that Easily was omitted simply because it was recorded too late. It could have replaced the crap that is Exo-Politics.

Can you imagine that though? Swap Exo-Politics for Easily, and Invincible for Glorious and it's a perfect pop rock album.

Edited by bumpypotato

Did Matt hint at keeping Showbiz for R+L? Hard to hear over the noise, heard something like "we'll do that one again soon".

Also, dang, y'all met Matt and Dom. I didn't even bother in the end, too fucked. Fogured they'd say no to COD @ Belfast anyway. Would've been nice to finish off my BH&R cover and chat to them about the show though.

Incredible gig, I loved it so much. The set was spectacular. I never thought I'd see either Fury or Glorious live, let alone BOTH. I can safely say that 14 year old me would be very happy with the experience she has in 10 years time, I had long given up on hearing half these songs live, years ago.

Also I can't help but think expectations should be lowered and we shouldn't compare with experiences or memories from decades ago. It would be difficult for them at this stage to fully recreate the standards from when these songs were fresh and in the tour set list. Like Matt with his falsetto, it's definitely not the same as it used to be (hello Showbiz), so naturally it's not going to live up to any nostalgic expectations we may have.

That being said, I still loved the gig a lot and hope there will be more like this in the future regardless. I think it takes amazing dedication to be able to rehearse and belt out classics that they haven't played in ages (I laughed when Matt said he screwed up Easily during rehearsal). It's a good shout for the old fans. Shout out to an amazing charity as well that helped make this happen. Glad I went.

Matt's banter was really fun in general, most lively I've ever seen him by a country mile. Dom constantly beaming at the crowd as well, 'specially for the songs he'd wanted to play.

They loved that gig so much, ended up being a huge part of me loving it so much. Made me emotional at times tbh, especially Dom during Glorious. Was always of the opinion that I'd never have one out-and-out best Muse gig 'cos so many have been great and special for different reasons, but this one has to take the title. No question.

Did Matt hint at keeping Showbiz for R+L? Hard to hear over the noise, heard something like "we'll do that one again soon".

He said "oh man it's a killer, it's a killer... but that song might be back, it might be back now"