What do you miss most about Muse nowadays?

Nature2

I don't know if this contributes to any of the pondering regarding their changes, but maybe because of all the hate they got during their Showbiz album, was why they changed so much since the Showbiz/OoS days. This might be why he stopped doing "dark stuff."

Muse’s new album, The 2nd Law – their first since 2009’s global chart-topper The Resistance – seems to reflect this change. Bellamy is now a father and there are rare moments of reflection on several tracks.

‘I’ve not really sung about emotions for the past two or three albums,’ he says. ‘On our first album, Showbiz, I really put myself out there in a personal way and got shot down for it. It’s only now I feel comfortable singing about relationships, love and fatherhood.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2012/09/21/muses-matt-bellamy-its-only-now-i-feel-comfortable-singing-about-love-581723/#ixzz4jS8cTQnx

I definitely miss the Rachinminov (or h/o you spell it) piano influence. That menacing, melodic, and mesmerizing piano sounds so excellent mixed in with Screenager @ Hullabaloo (2002) is just f*ing amazing. What I also like about Matt's piano playing was that he knew how to play piano pieces but he made "sound effects" out of it and that made it sound awesome because it was more than just melodic melodies. Last thing I really miss about his piano was his fierce creativity with using the church organ effects on his performances for "Endlessly (Live 2003)" and Megalomania.

They really used such an interesting set of instruments back then that really opened doors to new types of rock music we'd had never heard before. Is that what you call progressive rock?