Claudia O

Do you like Dig down?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dig down?

• Yes, I love it!
    • Yes, it's good.
    • No, not really.
    • Oh c'mon...no way!

Well I think that poll is fairly conclusive. Compare it to the polls of KoC, MoTP, Psycho and even Mercy that were done here when they came out, that tells you all you need to know about it unpopular it is with core fans.

Well I think that poll is fairly conclusive. Compare it to the polls of KoC, MoTP, Psycho and even Mercy that were done here when they came out, that tells you all you need to know about it unpopular it is with core fans.

If it were a great song, I wouldn't care about a fan poll. But it's a lousy, awful song. 'by the numbers' is the way it's described in the industry - 'work song', the type typically churned out when a band needs a single.

I know comparing it to Madness is boring as fuck, so I'm gonna say Dig Down is a better and more refined version of it, rather than it just being similar.

:stunned:

Exact opposite imo. I don't love Madness but it's miles more refined and carefully crafted than Dig Down. Listening to the two back-to-back is what made me realise just how slapped together DD feels.

I don't like it and seem to be the only one not moaning about it. It's just one song afterall. Oh and they've released worse.
Because you can totally see when people aren't moaning about it.

Moaning about moaning about it is still moaning.

And that was always the problem with the one song release; if it's shit, everything is shit (for 3-4 months, at least.)

Now, the question is: which kind of moaning is better, moaning about moaning or just moaning? Probably the latter? I guess they both sound better than Dig Down though.

Well their FB was flooded with negative comments. I honestly didn't think it would be as bad on here. Seems I was wrong.

I don't think you understand. You can't possibly know how many people there are out there who didn't like it but still aren't moaning. Until you came in to tell us you weren't moaning, we didn't know YOU were one of those people. You can't look at social media and make a deduction about how many people AREN'T talking.

News flash! People talking about the subject matter on a forum!!

Well, I guess, tbf, there's not many people left here, so maybe it is shocking.

Debatable. The 'Songs & Releases' forum tagline says 'Discuss Muse's creative output'. I'm not sure Dig Down counts. :chuckle: