Dig Down

KirkBot

It's just awful. For years, whenever Muse release something new I think "Maybe, this time it is something with substance" – don't know how many times I got disappointed. I think it all started with BH&R. But compared to anything they released in the last time their works from ten years ago are masterpieces.

"Dig Down" just sounds so cheap and uninspired, even "Drones" had its moments (although overall I think, "Drones" is damn cheesy).

I just will never understand fans like you- why would you subject something that you idolize to remain trapped in a bubble? Embrace change and get out from under the rock of the past. EMBRACE THE STRANGE

Dig Down is a great track- I love it. It seeps with depression, but pushes for will: for faith. Pessimism unified with optimism. A beautiful contradiction, indeed.

"I think Muse these days are uninspired, cheap and lack substance"

"You just don't like change"

It's amazing. The "Muse can't stay the same forever"-argument seemingly works regardless of your reasons for not liking a song. Whatever you say, your opinion can always be boiled down to "well you just want OoS 2"

Edited by Tjet

I just will never understand fans like you- why would you subject something that you idolize to remain trapped in a bubble? Embrace change and get out from under the rock of the past. EMBRACE THE STRANGE

Dig Down is a great track- I love it. It seeps with depression, but pushes for will: for faith. Pessimism unified with optimism. A beautiful contradiction, indeed.

EMBRACE THE STRANGE

more like

:musesign: EMBRACE THE AWFUL :musesign:

They released a video of a live version of this song. Granted it was in a venue where people didn't come for Muse but it's such a static performance. But it's not because of the venue or the boys' energy level. It's because this song is devoid of pace and energy. There's nothing to move to.

They released a video of a live version of this song. Granted it was in a venue where people didn't come for Muse but it's such a static performance. But it's not because of the venue or the boys' energy level. It's because this song is devoid of pace and energy. There's nothing to move to.

If you mean that New York one, the instruments were playback, which might have something to do with it.

It's another grab for US mainstream fame; that's why the subject matter is what it is. It honestly feels like playing the serious emotional climate in my country for a quick paycheck.

The sad part is, it makes it seem like they don't know how to do that, and just attempted to ape Madness trying to replicate that success.

Yupp, or just look at the "Thumps up" at YouTube.

About the "I don't like change" point. I think it is not valid to generalize, here. Everyone needs change and new things to a certain extent. For some it's more, for some it's less. There are people who travel the world and others staying in their flat. But the ones in the flat will also buy new flowers from time to time, read the news or cook an unknown dish.

For me, I liked the hauling guitars, Matt's falsetto, the piano parts, and also some of the electronic stuff. Take the B-Sides on Hullabaloo, e.g. Could the bands' sound be more different from what it is like in the present? Yet, I don't want them to reproduce the past, and I think no one wants this. One has to respect the direction they have taken (more pop, more glam) but one does not automatically need to like it.

At the end of day, it's not so much a single song that counts so much, anymore. It's rather the memories you have. Like, singing with 300 Muse fans at London's Trafalgar square. This is something, no one will ever take from you.

Exactly! I dislike a bit FM, but I love DI and enjoy Madness. At the same time I find Dig Down dreadful. I don't get people using counterarguments like "hurr durr you should realise they evolve and change their style go back to Abso or OoS hurr durr". It's not about the style we're complaining.

Well I had missed the announcement of 'Dig Down' and was watching the end of year highlights to the Premier League as Match of the Day's titles were playing out when I heard the unmistable sound of a new Muse song being used as the end credit music on Sunday night.

10 minutes later I had bought it and had it blaring out from my ipod dock, much to the annoyance of my wife who had been in bed for an hour!!

Yes it's a derivitive song and a little tame, even if it is meant to counter the negativaty around in the world today but it is NEW Muse music. I am gratefull for anything new at the moment as it seems a long long time since Drones.

Your poor wife :( what did she do to deserve Dig Down blaring out from your ipod dock!

She wouldn't stay up to see Liverpool just manage to make the Champions League for next year on Match of the Day!:p

Dig Down does grow on you! I am liking it more and more with each listen.