2017.08.03 - Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago, IL, USA

forevermusic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

as expected, red bull tv is leaning toward featuring lorde on thursday's live stream instead of muse. let the melodrama commence.

schedule still not 100% finalized tho (and they could still opt to feature both headliners [one on a delay]), so there's still a slim chance for some to be able to tune in to what is sure to be a standard north american, cookie-cutter, blasé set. (yet i'm still going...)

such a pity that another proshot of dig down looks doubtful...

^I'm working on maybe getting the CW live debut performance up.. probably as either an unlisted (or private?) youtube video. It's watermarked with a copyright notice over the whole thing though, so yeah.

Private seems better but you have to have a YT account to view, and I have to add it an allow list, but it's capped out at 50 users.

looks like they are going ahead with a plan to broadcast both muse and lorde on thursday.

times TBA, but clearly either one or the other will be on a delay.

Cool, that's a big ole not happening on the CW performance on youtube. Even an unlisted/private video flags a copyright claim from WMG. Seems like the audio/video matching they use to compare to uploaded videos is a lot more sophisticated than I thought. I tried. :LOL:

Cool, that's a big ole not happening on the CW performance on youtube. Even an unlisted/private video flags a copyright claim from WMG. Seems like the audio/video matching they use to compare to uploaded videos is a lot more sophisticated than I thought. I tried. :LOL:

i've come to hate YT for flagging certain content. for instance, it bugged the shit out of me for the longest time that any kind of an upload containing more than about three notes of b&h immediately triggered a block here in the states.

nothing a proxy can't fix, tho!

this gig is next up. current forecast for thursday looks, uh, not good. hope it's not washed out. guess i'll have to bring the rain gear.

exact stream time should be released tomorrow...for those who give two fucks to watch and/or record.

I actually like Starlight quite a lot, it's just gone down the absolute shitter live. Early '06 versions looked brill.

Watching that cover made me appreciate Matt's vocals a bit more though, even if they're on the decline a bit :chuckle:

Only listened a little, but was it in the original key? Makes all these comments about how only Matt can sing it a bit silly :chuckle:

It was but it's not so much range as Brandon's (is that his name?) voice sounding a bit thin and shakey. Some of his falsetto work sounded a smidge rough as well, this in particular isn't far from drunken karaoke :chuckle:

Yeah but is obviously connected. Sustaining higher notes will be more difficult than sustaining lower notes. But it honestly looked like Brandon had problems with sustaining notes at all. So I'm not arguing that it was a pretty mediocre performance. But I won't judge them for that.

They have done that before tbf - a year or two ago Kings of Leon cancelled their slot at Firefly, so The Killers did a version of The Bucket in their set the night after.

Vocal's a bit ropey, even if it fair that Brandon Flowers has a different style of singing to Matt. But fair fucks to them for giving it a go at least. Instruments sounded pretty good.