Glorious for 2017 Tour

Citizen_Eraser

Since Futurism came out of no where in 2013, anyone want to make a hashtag effort and spam the fuck out of Muse for months trying to get Glorious for this coming up tour?

It's one of their best b-sides and we have no proshots for it.

#GloriousLive2017 for the greater good.

Right now this is the best we have.

Yeah, it's more the instrumentals that are tricky to get right and avoid sounding super sloppy, particularly the guitar in the chorus. With a song that's supposed to be quite soft and synthy like Glorious, that's a bit of a gamebreaker. Vocals are fine I imagine, especially since he can just do that high 'fuels the lies' part in the second chorus in falsetto.

Personally, I think it's one of the 'unplayed' songs they'd find the hardest to get working, way more so than Futurism was, so I'm fine if they leave it. Easily, on the other hand...

Edited by Jobby

They could play it just fine if they wanted to, let's not invent excuses

I'm not just being ultim8 muse defen0r, I promise :chuckle:

I genuinely think it's harder to get right than it sounds. I dunno if I'm alone in thinking it but that Ottawa performance sounds thin and janky af imo, really doesn't do the song justice. Maybe Morgan having more of an important role since then would help, since he could fill it out a bit more?

Then again,there's always a chance they have tried it out over the years and it sounds fine (hence Dom thinking they should play it) but Matt's just soured on it in general. I mean, he hates Soaked 'cause of cheese and it's not too dissimilar to Glorious.

Yeah I agree with Glorious being potentially hard to recreate live, I could see it being pretty easy for the chorus to sound all over the place. But yeah, for atleast US purposes let's focuse on an easier goal like a CE/Bliss rotation AND Plug in Baby, which is honestly as likely as them playing Glorious at this point

I still would have much rather seen UD than the alternative we got on the second half of the tour, which was one fewer song.

Yeah back in 2013 UD was being rotated with Guiding Light and of course at my show they played GL 😑 And if I'm not mistaken back in the US Drones tour they may have been rotating UD and Resistance and we got Resistance, which I'd honestly rather hear UD, but then again I've been a advocate for UD for quite some time now

UD last tour was played with those weird visuals that had the band behind the full stage curtain.

They did it during the first part of the US tour, and then just dropped the song and that particular visual bit for the rest of the tour.

It wasn't a rotation, much of the East Coast tour was a song shorter because of it being dropped (DC being the exception as they played CE and didn't drop another song, but the visual bit was still dropped.)