2017.08.27 - Reading Festival, Reading, UK

forevermusic

Don't care how the crowd compares to other nights. This was the best Muse show I've been to even after just Psycho. It was never about the rarity of the songs for me i just want energy and the crowd did their part enough and the band reflected it more than I've ever seen. People that are complaining a bit don't know how good they have it. I wasn't even up close and people knew most of the songs. The guy next to me mouthed the lyrics to Showbiz. We just looked at each other and smiled.

And fuck, this is the first time in 7 years I've been in a circle pit at a Muse show.

Don't care how the crowd compares to other nights. This was the best Muse show I've been to even after just Psycho. It was never about the rarity of the songs for me i just want energy and the crowd did their part enough and the band reflected it more than I've ever seen. People that are complaining a bit don't know how good they have it. I wasn't even up close and people knew most of the songs. The guy next to me mouthed the lyrics to Showbiz. We just looked at each other and smiled.

And fuck, this is the first time in 7 years I've been in a circle pit at a Muse show.

Wait, you were there? :eek:

:yesey:

I've joined the forum to post on this thread. My wife and I took our boys to see Muse and we had an awesome time. I've bored everyone at work about it all week. The youngest (6) spent his entire time on my shoulders, or the wifes, singing along and the eldest got into it too. It was a bit of a gamble taking them but we got a good spot, same distance out as the sound rig but 30°off to the left of the stage. Good views of the stage and the screens, but not too much pogoing so I wasn't worried about them getting squished! People were singing along all around us, to the guitar as well, and the atmosphere was great. I've not been to a gig since the eldest was born (and never to see muse) and I'm still getting goosebumps watching clips on Youtube and the BBC footage.

The youngest was a bit miffed they didn't play Dead Inside (and I'd have liked Reapers) but Plug in Baby and BiB more than made up for it. I was pleased they played Isolated System too. KoC was just fab.

Just a fantastic gig. Can't wait until the boys are old enough to go a bit further forward!

Just wanted to post it as well, haven't seen your post yesterday :D thx!!

Btw, there are some more songs uploaded, by the same user. Maybe blocking is finally over!!! Y:)

I wasn't even at this gig but I'm all enthusiasm for muse rn, for however long this phase lasts hahaha... meanwhile trying to bring fandom back to the board! Hahaha! The internet seems so QUIET in general. This place used to be REALLY buzzing, i'd be here for hours every night moderating back in the day! Yeah I THINK it's the same user who keeps uploading them then they get taken down etc.

The youngest is a definite muser, I'm working on the eldest!

\m/ \m/

I'm now thinking we'll go see muse when they tour the UK next as well.

yay :D Their gigs are definitely addictive! :D

Just watched these

Take A Bow (Reading 2006)

+

Take A Bow (Reading 2017)

Honestly, there's not much difference between the two, I think production and everything considered, I actually prefer 2017...He doesn't sound too far away from 11 years at all, just little bits here and there, I listened to each line on it's on and switched between the two...

Matt's sounding pretty good at the moment, if you ask me...

lighter tour schedule helps.

Edited by colonizedmind