2017.08.27 - Reading Festival, Reading, UK

forevermusic

Holy shit did that just happen. The first "Controlling my feelings for too long..." was just pure magic, shivers down my spine and tears in my eyes.

I'm so fucking happy, came down all the way from Finland to see them, got Showbiz and TaB and the whole set was good. Currently just trying not to cry in the train on the way to London

:happy::happy:

Haven't been on this forum in years or seen Muse since Wembley/The Resistance tour but decided to get myself to Reading as it's where I live and the site is only 10mins drive from my house. It was a last minute thing and first time going to a festival on my own and only went for the Muse bit.

So good to see Muse live again. They didn't disappoint and was really surprised to hear many old tracks such as Showbiz. I was expecting them to play more of their latest album so was delighted to hear their early material too. It reminded me of the first time I heard them play in 2001.

I thought the crowd wasn't as up for it as I would have hoped but Reading is more for the youngsters and they probably were more into Eminem the night before.

The production was good, the sound was brilliant too. It was discussed in many of the local forums, people could hear the concert clearly, even my partner told how loud it was when I got home.

My highlights, well I'm a big fan of Knights of Cydonia and never get tired of its grandiosness live. Madness sounded awesome too. Blown away by the guitars and the quality of the vocal and very nice surprise to hear Brian Johnson with Muse.

Big thanks to the disable area stewards who let me me stand/seat on their patch. I'm 6 months pregnant and the chair I brought with me broke!

Glad to report I didn't go into labour early and baby and me had a good old stomp. You have to get the young ones exposed to good music early :-)

Well I loved them last night, finally got to hear hysteria at the third attempt! Couldn't see sod all as I had the two largest people in front of me and they were so tall I couldn't even see through their phone screens, when they weren't taking selfies.

Is there some kind of backing track on Knights?

Yeah high octave backing vocals.

Don't know why anyone's been complaining about the Back in Black thing. Was so much fun in the crowd. Felt honestly their set was really good fun.

Yes Shepherds Bush was amazing but that was a different level.

The crowd where i was lapped up everything they played from Showbiz to the singles and the group I was in were more than happy to sing, clap and dance along to Mercy, Starlight, TiRO and the sort.

Shepherds Bush was the best gig I've ever been to but Reading was honestly more fun if less memorable.

Were people complaining about BIB? I seem to remember when Coldplay headlined Glastonbury and brought out The Gibb, a lot of people were saying how the pomp and stuff in that Coldplay set was "how to headline a festival" and that it's a shame Muse don't do more special little things that make a special festival stand out

I seem to remember the phrase "light years of difference" as well

Strange, I found the crowd for kasabian way more lively than for Muse, but I spose not all their music is 110% mosh inducing.

Interesting.

I guess for me, it was quieter because I was out on the side rather than dead centre, which I had tried earlier in the day for Two Door Cinema Club and duly got repeatedly squashed. But even then, on TV I thought the Muse crowd looked very rowdy and bouncy during Psycho and Plug in Baby. Decent reception too for Showbiz, which I thought was a surprise.

Guess its just down to where you find yourself - highly plausible elsewhere there was an absurdly rowdy pocket. Although I did think the crowd was fairly lively from what I could see over the top of other people's heads.