2017.08.27 - Reading Festival, Reading, UK

forevermusic

Just watched Kasabian set last night, and if the crowd is anything like that it's not looking good. Never seen such a dead crowd for them, only really coming alive during Fire. Really strange atmosphere

I was out on the side and it was quieter there than for previous Kasabian shows I've seen, although I thought it was still reasonably lively. Better than getting crushed during Two Door Cinema Club, mind. The extra barriers in the front seems to compress things a bit.

I doubt it'd be like 2011 when there were people falling over during the New Born and Bliss opening.

Just watched Kasabian set last night, and if the crowd is anything like that it's not looking good. Never seen such a dead crowd for them, only really coming alive during Fire. Really strange atmosphere

I was there and the crowd were certainly not dead, its hard to move/jump when you're being crushed for 1.5 hours. I've seen muse & kasabian live a fair few times and muse's crowds are fairly tame in comparison to a kasabian gig.

He's killing the end falsetto on "Showbiz" better than a lot thought he would, right !

I thought it sounded great ! Even back in the day, sometimes he would noddle guitar over the end and cut it short ! Great to see...

Also, no special guest at Leeds, is this special guest with Muse gonna happen at Reading or was that Matt just randomly hoping aloud on the radio??

He's killing the end falsetto on "Showbiz" better than a lot thought he would, right !

I thought it sounded great ! Even back in the day, sometimes he would noddle guitar over the end and cut it short ! Great to see...

Also, no special guest at Leeds, is this special guest with Muse gonna happen at Reading or was that Matt just randomly hoping aloud on the radio??

Well it's in a lower key now so not really comparable to the old days.

And yes, he was pretty clear in the interview that it was just a wish, and that he wasn't even sure the guy was available.

First I've heard of this guest thing. Shieeet, I'd be a bit gutted if Reading got a unique cover or something that we didn't, a la WTSHNN. Hopefully it'd just be someone filling in for Morgan on one of the songs where Matt doesn't fancy guitar anymore.

Well it's in a lower key now so not really comparable to the old days.

And yes, he was pretty clear in the interview that it was just a wish, and that he wasn't even sure the guy was available.

Yes, I know that, was at SBE...but was just really commenting as regards to a lot of the Muse Matt voice haters...You get older, his voice isn't going to be the same, it's the same with 100% of singers out there...but yet I think people give him a hard time for it, almost

speak as if he's lost his voice !

He still has a great voice, it's just matured, in some ways, for sacrificing the high and rawness of before, he actually as you'll probably agree, has better control of his lows and tone these days...

Also, Leeds performance is better as lot of the pressure has gone, it's not the FIRST performance in 11 years and what was attached to that...with each performance, he will probably get noticeably better, for the next few, as his voice will become more adapted to it and conditioned..then it'll level out, in my opinion.

Credit to TAB, it's a great song but I've always felt surprisingly flat about it when I've seen it live. This was the first performance where it really felt huge to me.Visually, it might be the coolest thing I've seen them do as well.

Yes, I know that, was at SBE...but was just really commenting as regards to a lot of the Muse Matt voice haters...You get older, his voice isn't going to be the same, it's the same with 100% of singers out there...but yet I think people give him a hard time for it, almost

speak as if he's lost his voice !

He still has a great voice, it's just matured, in some ways, for sacrificing the high and rawness of before, he actually as you'll probably agree, has better control of his lows and tone these days...

Also, Leeds performance is better as lot of the pressure has gone, it's not the FIRST performance in 11 years and what was attached to that...with each performance, he will probably get noticeably better, for the next few, as his voice will become more adapted to it and conditioned..then it'll level out, in my opinion.

His voice matured back in 2009, and in 2012 he pretty much reached his peak with that voice, producing his best and richest high notes to date, and mixing it with pretty warm lows. What has happened now is a deterioration, not maturity.

And people are giving him a hard time for it because he has literally admitted to not getting in shape for tours, and instead relying on the actual tours to get him into shape (eventually). Although that didn't really happen in 2015-2016. Instead he got increasingly worse, and with each performance of The Handler, both the high chest and falsetto got worse and worse. So there's no guarantees that his voice will adapt to Showbiz either. It's just as likely that he won't top the Leeds performance. But that's just speculation.