NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

It's a good performance though, just been skimming through.

Matt's got Dead Inside under control again, albeit with a new kind of configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVf6SUjZO2E

I do understand what you mean, but I feel like to get it "under control" he wound up taking the intensity out of the bridge's vocal lines, which is a little bit of a downer. The weak-ish falsetto and the hurried lines in a lower register kind of undermine the song, and the emotional arch that is implied in it.

I was at the show last night, my band won a competition to earn a spot at Firefly so I was able to get into the front row, ran into Elle before the show and Matt threw me a guitar pick 😬😬 it was enough to counteract the setlist lol, went backstage as soon as there were done but they apparently walked right off stage into a car and were gone 😒

First thing I heard on the audio as NKOK started was someone going "What the fuck?". Nuff said. Think I said this too after Bunbury but 1hr15 feels very short for a festival. Not least given 21 Pilots apparently played longer.

Not really that big a fan of that DI vocal. But then tbf the upload isn't of fantastic quality, so it may sound a little better in a better quality. The jazzy Who Knows Who intro was pretty cool, mind.

How many pairs of sunglasses is Matt wearing on this thing? There's like 4/5 different pairs.

First thing I heard on the audio as NKOK started was someone going "What the fuck?". Nuff said. Think I said this too after Bunbury but 1hr15 feels very short for a festival. Not least given 21 Pilots apparently played longer.

Not really that big a fan of that DI vocal. But then tbf the upload isn't of fantastic quality, so it may sound a little better in a better quality. The jazzy Who Knows Who intro was pretty cool, mind.

How many pairs of sunglasses is Matt wearing on this thing? There's like 4/5 different pairs.

Twenty One Pilots played 1 hour 20 so not much difference really.

Dig Down really isn't a good opener. I get that it's their current single but like.. stop.

Replace Madness. It's the same song anyway.

Except they're really not the same if you'd listen to it without hating on it.

It's not my favorite of their songs, but I'm still gonna say I'd rather have a set with Madness and DD than one that has three/four of FG, UD, DD, DI or Madness.

Except they're really not the same if you'd listen to it without hating on it.

It's not my favorite of their songs, but I'm still gonna say I'd rather have a set with Madness and DD than one that has three/four of FG, UD, DD, DI or Madness.

Except at the moment we have sets with both that also have Undisclosed and/or Dead Inside so what are you going on about?

I dunno, what's the alternative? Putting it into that long ass slog in the middle with all the other slow stuff?

Fair point.

I dunno, what's the alternative? Putting it into that long ass slog in the middle with all the other slow stuff?

They might almost be better off starting the encore with Dig Down. It won't make the song any better, of course, but I guess it would be a familiar radio song leading into Uprising. Unfortunately, it's not a song that explodes out of the starting gate like they're hoping it is.

First song of the encore was my first choice before the tour started iirc.

Muse have always opened with whatever's new though so it's almost not even an option. It's just this time they've only got one song to choose from as opposed to an entire album.

How things change. This was two years ago :(. Light years better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjar7BvpxUE

And they sure look like they're having fun playing all the songs they refuse to play now.

I wonder if they see North America purely as a continent to milk and get some cash, or if they truly change their sets to accommodate some perceived (or real) lack of taste in the American audiences.

Obviously I'd prefer for Madness to stay and Dig Down to go, but since the argument was made that Dig Down has to be played because it's the current single, it makes sense to drop the original in favor of its clone.

(that was more in reference to how Matt would feel about replacing Madness)

I wonder if they see North America purely as a continent to milk and get some cash, or if they truly change their sets to accommodate some perceived (or real) lack of taste in the American audiences.

You wonder? :chuckle:

Replace Madness. It's the same song anyway.

I wonder which one it is.

I would absolutely love if they retired Madness, but sadly a ton of their audience really IS there for that and Starlight.

I think it's a bit embarrassing that they created a song so similar to Madness, because it really just smacks of them trying (and failing) to recreate their Big US Moment.

And I think the band playing Dig Down at a corporate event for the TV station full of pretty teenager shows that the song is the theme for answers your other question quite nicely.