NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

At this point, I feel like that's been abandonded and they're just looking at this as the start of a new cycle.

Incidentally, Matt commented on Insta today that they will (finally) be going there.

I don't see how this should be considered a new cycle when they're using the same Drones visuals and just tacking them onto different songs, and Globalist/Drones is still around.

And yes, obviously, the entire second half of the gigs looks completely dreadful.

God, this is the worst their concerts have ever been. The setlist is short, and what is it with the jams, interludes, NKOK, etc?? I guess it all comes down to this - Matt is struggling with his voice, and he can't pull it off anymore as he used to. I am wondering if that laryngitis from 2014 might have taken its toll on his voice... :$

...or am I crazy?

Yeah, St. Louis has gotten the "best" set so far this tour. Well, unless you really like UD over DI. But Map and Bliss in the rare rotation spots.

I'd prefer SS over The Handler, but ideally get both. DI vs UD is almost a wash, though I probably like DI better.

Here's what's been up so far (see attachment):

1266588459_MuseNA20017TourThru2017-06-13.thumb.jpg.e2dccd85734ee8d99c52b2f3966b55e4.jpg

It's really inexcusable that they're doing but NKOK as a jam **and** Munich Jam. If you're going to have NKOK, then replace Munich Jam with a real song. Like Reapers.

And NKOK is not only very cringey, but it's so fucking boring. It feels like the gig gets interrupted in the worst way possible.

And NKOK is not only very cringey, but it's so fucking boring. It feels like the gig gets interrupted in the worst way possible.

I thought the music video was hilarious. But live, yeah, it's kind of odd. Would work better as complete playback during encore slot, in place of Dronesx100000.

Replace the MOTP slot with Reapers as a staple for the tour, keep The Handler as standard, rotate Map with Bliss/Plug in Baby and rotate Hysteria with Stockholm and New Born and that would make for a pretty decent setlist for the Drones-era

Can't say I'd walk out of that gig happy but I'd at least be satisfied knowing I saw the highlights of the album (though I think Defector/Aftermath should be in there somewhere too but that isn't happening).

Replace the MOTP slot with Reapers as a staple for the tour, keep The Handler as standard, rotate Map with Bliss/Plug in Baby and rotate Hysteria with Stockholm and New Born and that would make for a pretty decent setlist for the Drones-era

Can't say I'd walk out of that gig happy but I'd at least be satisfied knowing I saw the highlights of the album (though I think Defector/Aftermath should be in there somewhere too but that isn't happening).

Or don't replace a thing and just play sets with an acceptable amount of songs.

Thoughts on song changes:

The acoustic doesn't suit UD, but the distorted bass is cool.

Why the fuck did they drop the tempo on Stockholm? New Born all over again.

Bliss with the piano/theremin/synth intro is awesome.

Those synth arps in Resistance are new. Makes the chorus less boring.

I'd still consider Bliss a rarity in the US, even though it's starting to become a semi regular on this tour, Map on the other hand is not a rarity at all, seen it 4 out of 6 shows, but I'm just so completely over seeing Resistance live at this point and Map is just a way better song

Link?

Didn't see the one from early yesterday, but after the show last night he posted on instagram and someone said something about coming to Australia and he responded something along the lines "working on it, may only get to Sydney and Melbourne"

What did they do to joke about it?

Honestly, it doesn't really fuss me personally. To me, it just seems like a joke about what we've already know for years - that they're aware of what songs hardcores want but won't play them. Not the classiest thing, but maybe I've just seen/heard/read enough worse things to be desensitised at this point :chuckle:

Edit: nvm, seen the vid

Edited by Jobby