NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

I really don't get why, instead of having so much downtime that kills the energy packed into already short shows, he doesn't choose to just play some stuff that isn't difficult for him to sing. I hate how Matt seems to think he CAN'T play a song if it's not well-known enough. His perception is so warped.

I decided to try my luck and buy a ticket for the show in Atlanta tomorrow. They soundchecked Bliss a few gigs ago then played it last night, and they soundchecked Citizen and Assassin a couple gigs ago so I'm praying one of those shows up. Would still be thrilled just to get Bliss or Map, though. If the set reverts back to the exact same from the first few gigs I'll definitely be disappointed.

Edited by Matthz

I was at the show in Nashville on Saturday and, while I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the concert, I couldn't help but be disappointed in the set list. I've lurked these forums for a while and followed setlist fm so I kind of knew what I was going to get, but I still got my hopes up that they would throw out something like Bliss.

The only other time I had seen Muse previously was Oslo for The 2nd Law tour and, other than the songs off the Drones album, I had seen every other song live already. That's not a great look when you can say that about 75% of a set list after having seen them only once previously. I'm okay with that when it comes to Uprising, Knights, PiB, and Hysteria, because I enjoy those songs and they are fun live songs. But I would have given up any one of those songs in a heartbeat for Bliss or Maps, and to see that both of those were played the very next night stung a little. Since I'm a sucker for them, I'll probably see them again given my next opportunity (if I had the time and money, I would go to Atlanta tomorrow but i digress), but I just won't get my hopes up on hearing something different.

That being said, I didn't realize how much I would enjoy The Handler performed live. That song was awesome.

I hate how Matt seems to think he CAN'T play a song if it's not well-known enough. His perception is so warped.

He seemed a bit hesitant last night before Bliss. "Here's an old one off our second album, someone suggested it."

No one around me knew the song but everyone enjoyed it as much as the rest of the gig (except for Madness...that was quite the sing-along:rolleyes:)

Great crowd by NA standards. Matt could've chosen to play anything last night and the crowd would have enjoyed it equally as much.

Great setlist though imo... about the best you can get these days.

That's not a great look when you can say that about 75% of a set list after having seen them only once previously.

That's always been the case with Muse though (and a lot of bands tbf), unless you happen to catch some freak gig like Zepp or Montruex.

Host intro? Fucking nice one.

Please god let it actually stick around this time.

Yeah I thought it was great when they did it before TIRO in 2012.

Mercy ending main set is lame, mind. Though would've been a bit much if, like at Lowlands last year, Globalist featured at a festival with such a small stage-time.

I don't think matt hesitated when introducing bliss. That just seemed his usual awkward self. Most he spoke all night. Performance was top notch. Lots of energy all over. Maybe the most energetic crowd I've been in outside of Webster hall and a couple others.

Geez, did Matt feel sorry for Ohio cuz the Cavs are getting their butts kicked, so he gave them a (by Muse standards these days) pretty good setlist?? That's the best set so far in this short tour.

I'm tracking songs to decide if I should get single day Kaaboo Festival tickets in addition to my Red Rocks show or just stick to Red Rocks. This gives hope, but we all know what happen with Muse setlist hopes... :LOL:

I don't think matt hesitated when introducing bliss. That just seemed his usual awkward self. Most he spoke all night. Performance was top notch. Lots of energy all over. Maybe the most energetic crowd I've been in outside of Webster hall and a couple others.

When the only thing you say to the crowd all night is "uhh... this is an old song no one knows. Someone requested it on Twitter".... that's not exactly encouraging. :chuckle:

It's also been the introduction to every "rare" song they've played in the US since at least '09, on the unusual occurrence that they gift us with a song that's incredibly common in the UK but pops up at only a few gigs here.

When the only thing you say to the crowd all night is "uhh... this is an old song no one knows. Someone requested it on Twitter".... that's not exactly encouraging. :chuckle:

It's like Matt feels the need to preemptively apologize to the crowd for playing a song that most of the people might not recognize. He might as well say, "If you don't know anything before SMBH, this is your chance for a piss break."

Soooo I made the mistake of looking up prices for the tickets in Atlanta tomorrow. $10 on Stibhub for GA Lawn. Trying to think of a good reason not to jump on this and make the 2 hour drive.

Might as well just do it, regardless of all the setlist woes (which I completely admit to complaining about on here in 90% of my posts) I still had a great time at the Tampa set, it is still Muse after all, also drunkenly rocked out to playback NKOK 😓 Sorry guys?

I've listened to the proshot Dig Down and also crowd versions and it really is hugely underwhelming live, or at least appears to be from the videos. It also strikes me as a terrible opener too.

Also, that proshot gratuitously shows off the amount of playback involved :(.

So desperate for Map at Reading. Never suffers live imo.

Have you not seen it??

Yeah, the Drones tour was probs the worst era for it imo but, even then, it's still super consistent with that lush-with-dash-of-b33f vibe.

I've listened to the proshot Dig Down and also crowd versions and it really is hugely underwhelming live, or at least appears to be from the videos. It also strikes me as a terrible opener too.

Also, that proshot gratuitously shows off the amount of playback involved :(.

My impression was that they cut down on playback? What are you refering to?