NEED HELP re: registering for pre-sale code

baileypup97

If Muse really wanted to combat touts, they would make these paperless/will call/no name change etc. Instead, there are no restrictions on these tickets and, in fact, Stubhub was getting flooded with listings before these even went on sale.

This is exactly it. Needing to pick the tickets up in person is another thing that at least helps a little.

Calling this a .mu presale and then allowing people to sign up after the announcement is beyond poor if they're saying it's because of touts.

Feels like they were trying to push more fans into the incredibly expensive VIP option, honestly, even if that wasn't the intent.

I do want to say, though, that while it came to late for us, the .mu help email was fast, courteous, and helpful. So at least there's that.

I finally got my presale code at about 1:15pm my time. But by the time I went on, I tried to buy tickets and I was only offered 2 sets before the ticketmaster site stated that "they were unable to process my request" Now all I am doing is playing with the reCaptcha "I am not a robot" game over and over again getting nowhere for the NY show. What is going on??!

Can't speak for the other stops, but in NY State there's a law that you can't have paperless and that tickets need to be able to be re-sold/transferrred..

Yeah, that's true. I forgot NY thrives off of its secondary ticket sales market. I think when Radiohead played there last year all they could do was delay ticket printing by a few months, but I'm not really sure what purpose that even served. Muse could have still made an exception for that one show. But they didn't. There's absolutely no "tout prevention" going on here whatsoever, just more hoops for fans to jump through to try to get tickets that are priced higher than they've ever been in the US.

Because people will pay it, sadly.

A ton of those $300 VIP packages have sold, too.

The presale will likely last until sold out, or until the next round tomorrow.

Yeah, it is insane at the prices. I mentioned that too.

There has been this huge surge of bands doing VIP tickets and especially VIP meet and greets lately. Even all the smaller bands coming to London, ON with ticket prices of $30-40 are doing like $150 VIP packages to meet the band, take a photo, get in early to see them play 2 songs during soundcheck and then get the rail.

It's frustrating for someone like myself who attends a lot of shows and can't afford the VIP all the time. What happened to the days when I was just able to show up early and be first in line to get the rail? Now even if I show up early, I don't know if I am first in line, or behind 50 people who paid for VIP.....not cool...

It's especially harsh if you don't shell out for VIP and still have to wait in line all day just to be close enough to the stage to see. In the 360 waiting all day got you 2-3 people from the barrier, the last "early entry" gig I went to (I wasn't early entry) on an end stage, I waited 3 or so hours in line (didn't know about the early entry) and I was nearly 10 people back from the stage.

The meet and greet would at least have be something to pay for. The band is really hard to meet in the US anyways.

Sad that they're taking that sort of money, but they can't be arsed to do a meet and greet.

It's especially harsh if you don't shell out for VIP and still have to wait in line all day just to be close enough to the stage to see. In the 360 waiting all day got you 2-3 people from the barrier, the last "early entry" gig I went to (I wasn't early entry) on an end stage, I waited 3 or so hours in line (didn't know about the early entry) and I was nearly 10 people back from the stage.

The meet and greet would at least have be something to pay for. The band is really hard to meet in the US anyways.

Sad that they're taking that sort of money, but they can't be arsed to do a meet and greet.

Yeah, when I saw them in Prague last summer, I waited all day in line and was probably the 20th into the venue but there were already so many people on the rail around the stage. So frustrating.. I barely even got a spot on the rail, even with the massive stage..

after testing the system for a few different venues, it appears most of the seated tickets in the best sections/rows appear to be blocked off for VIPs.

i managed to pull up a single seat in row b in a front center/section at one venue, though, for the standard $99.50 (well, $120 after fees).

also encountered the "unavailable at this time" message a few times, but that went away when i switched to different browsers.

it's all over the map...

GA was likely hard to get in most of the venues early on, due to the VIP, if that makes you feel any better.

That sucks..

I will probably end up trying again in the public sale...if nothing again, I will grab GA tickets from Stubhub. At that point I am paying VIP prices and might have to do that...

That sucks..

I will probably end up trying again in the public sale...if nothing again, I will grab GA tickets from Stubhub. At that point I am paying VIP prices and might have to do that...

Live Nation does their presale tomorrow but I'm not sure if Toronto would be included in that. I "think" (really faulty memory) I used them for Quebec City the last time when I couldn't get others to work.

If Muse really wanted to combat touts, they would make these paperless/will call/no name change etc. Instead, there are no restrictions on these tickets and, in fact, Stubhub was getting flooded with listings before these even went on sale.

StubHub listings are speculative - e.g. the listings are created before the tout has the ticket. Strongly discourage any fan from purchasing on StubHub.

If anyone on this thread is still has not yet received a code, email help@muse.mu

You did not need an account to sign up for the presale.

The registration page on Ticketmaster included a field for Muse.mu Member ID/username.

"Legacy members" - anyone who created a Muse.mu Member account before 5 February 2017 - were given priority in the lottery.

Ticketmaster is able to identify known touts & cancel any applications for tickets.

There were tickets up on Stubhub, AXS and Ticketweb with actual seat numbers. I do not believe those were "speculative." They were people who "won" the lottery early and immediately put them up for sale, where fans who didn't get chosen right away were buying them out of fear.

And if this "legacy" thing worked, why did I get my password 4 hours after the presale?

And I'm far from the only one it happened to.

I'm happy .mu helped people out eventually, but this system didn't work well. It was a total sham compared to even the old .mu presales (minus maybe AXS ones...)

And if this "legacy" thing worked, why did I get my password 4 hours after the presale?

And I'm far from the only one it happened to.

I'm happy .mu helped people out eventually, but this system didn't work well. It was a total sham compared to even the old .mu presales (minus maybe AXS ones...)

I figured I'd get one since I've been registered for so long but did not get a code until 1:15. I ended up buying a VIP ticket. Can't believe I spent that much just to stand. haha I'm so old.