2017.09.18 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO, USA

forevermusic

okay cool

Alright, you win. They did Take a Bow. :LOL:

Anyway, Monday's show was awesome. I have tracked this tour all the way, but I intentionally didn't look up the setlists for San Fran or San Diego in hopes that they ***might*** change things up after coming back from Britain. So when I heard the Glastonbury 2004 intro, I pretty much geeked out and became a blabbering idiot. To put it another way... when you're bracing for the possibility of Resistance in that spot, and you get Butterflies when the band wasn't even playing it in America on this tour at all prior to this weekend, yeah, gonna get excited. Getting SS with 3 riffs was pretty cool. And I absolutely wasn't expecting Take a Bow.

The rest of the set was what it was, and even the songs people normally crap on sounded great to me. I was ready to hate Dig Down, and while I still don't care for it at all as a single, it wasn't terrible live. Kind of an earworm (unfortunately), and the visuals were great. People sang along to all the American pop staples, plus older (but yes, well known) songs like Plug in Baby.

But honestly, getting B&H and TaB made the show for me. I'm not going to be one of those unrealistic snobs who wants the uber rarities that only England gets once in a blue moon... or Zepp... or Montreaux. I accept that at this point in time, Muse is going to play their pop hits in America, and they're not going to do deep cuts, because they don't feel American fans know them. It sucks, and I'd love to have a show like Shepherd's Bush or Belfast (and I consider myself suuuuuuper lucky to have seen the Mayan show; that remains the best Muse gig I've ever attended). But in a regular touring show, sprinkle a couple of rarities... some good old school shit, and that drastically improves things. That's it...a couple. And I don't think that's unreasonable.

Also, this was my first time attending Red Rocks, and OMG is that place incredible. The amphitheater in between two giant cleaven rocks, the city skyline beyond, the excellent sound... it was very cool. Plus, the crowd was pretty great. At least all around me.

Took some video. Please pardon my dumb talking in B&H and TaB. My friend and I were super excited to not get the lackluster stuff we got the last time they went through SoCal in late 2015/16. (Also, while I don't dislike the song, it makes a huge difference not having to go through The Globalist and get a couple of nice songs instead.) Also, I'm pretty impressed with my phone's camera and its stabilization capabilities, because I was definitely bobbing and swaying more than the video suggests. :LOL::LOL: Overall, had a fantastic time and am super glad I made the trip! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIV00B165E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_a9osS6cYo&t=30s

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, you win. They did Take a Bow. :LOL:

>:-)

what an amazing venue. it was a little scary forgetting i was pretty high up and having to catch myself from falling forward. next time i know that GA is 49 rows up, and that reserved is the way to go. i have been dreaming of hearing "take a bow" since the first time i heard the song, so i definitely will hold this gig in my heart forever. between this show and the livestream of life is beautiful, butterflies has seeped its way into songs that move and ground me. it is strange how hard this tour has hit me, especially the flooding of comfort supermassive brought in red rocks. my mind started to piece together images of the city onto the landscape of the venue. i went to denver alone, so the song really helped me feel safe and at home. everything is making way too much sense now.