Which Muse Era are You Into Right Now?

haarpabaloo

Simple question: which era of Muse can you not get enough of these days (including B-sides)? Showbiz, OOS, Abso, etc?

It took me awhile to get into Showbiz because of how raw, idiosyncratic and – frankly – bizarre the songs are. But recently it just clicked and I can't get enough of MM, Cave, Uno, Unintended, Spiral, Recess, etc. I've just never heard anything else like those songs.

How about you guys?

Simple question: which era of Muse can you not get enough of these days (including B-sides)? Showbiz, OOS, Abso, etc?

It took me awhile to get into Showbiz because of how raw, idiosyncratic and – frankly – bizarre the songs are. But recently it just clicked and I can't get enough of MM, Cave, Uno, Unintended, Spiral, Recess, etc. I've just never heard anything else like those songs.

How about you guys?

Same. I just finally got Showbiz on CD and I've been hooked for the past few days. The musicianship is just incredible, the songs are totally unique, the sound is pure unbridled angst and despair in the best possible way, everything is catchy, everything will hit you in the feels...what a debut. A band that can make a debut this strong can only succeed.

Also, Matt actually writing personal lyrics is super effective. I love the later conceptual nonsense too, but this is so impactful, it's great.

OoS/Hullabaloo/Abso, but only certain types of songs. I guess piano/bass driven, especially the ones with real heavy drums. Stuff like B&H, Darkshines, Space Dementia, AP, Futurism, etc.

To clarify, that means stuff like PiB, New Born, Hysteria or Stockholm haven't really been 'my stuff' lately :D

Really makes me wish Chris would bring the monstorous bass tone from OoS back. Jebus chwist that wall of awesome distortion.

Agh, I've been really into Black Holes and Revelations recently. That whole album is just great (Apart from MOTP...But to each their own) and that whole era was just really good. It brought us HAARP, which in my opinion, was a brilliant gig. The music was just great and I can't get enough of the album. Plus the music videos from that era were great (nothing beats Bliss though), especially SBH.

• 3 months later...

I remember back in the days people were telling me Showbiz was their "worst album ever" and I believed that girl and so I never listened to Showbiz besides Cave and Muscle Museum. What a mistake that was. The song Showbiz itself is fantastic, Muscle Museum is amazing, and so is Fillip.

Showbiz is by far my favorite song on that album. I've been a Muse fan since 2004 so I was originally an Absolution era guy. I moderately enjoyed BH&R era, to be honest I thought BH&R era is seriously overrated. It has catchy tunes but it isn't that good in my opinion. Showbiz, Origins of Symmetry, and Absolution are the best eras IMO.

Right now I'm hooked on Showbiz and OoS era.

Definitely OoS-Abso with the bsides (and parts from Drones which accompany that era well. Basically The Handler and Reapers).

After a long break from Muse, I find it hard to get back into most of the TR and onward era tracks.

• 1 month later...