Anthony Fantano is arguably more relevant than Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, and the like these days. At least to younger audiences who find those publications to be hopelessly biased and disingenuous, melon has a certain authenticity and honesty to his review style, and doesn't tend to make the mistake of belittling people who's taste in music he doesn't care for.

But yeah, that's not really relevant to the new album, I'll stop.

Good luck arguing that.

From the latest interview:

• Album likely in November with two more singles beforehand

• There are two acoustic-driven tracks. One of which has a weird beat and is funk/trap/hip hop tinged. The other acoustic track is heavier but without distortion.

• Thought Contagion is not the heaviest song on the album, and there are a few electro-piano classical type tracks with cinematic, filmic elements.

• For this album, Matt was inspired by the media he consumed when he was 5 or 6. Particularly music and imagery associated with movies like Robocop, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• Chris is essentially the one tasked with compiling all the old demos and recordings from the band's very early years (for the Origin of Muse boxset) because Matt and Dom basically don't remember anything about the formation and early days of Muse lol

•  
  • Chris is essentially the one tasked with compiling all the old demos and recordings from the band's very early years (for the Origin of Muse boxset) because Matt and Dom basically don't remember anything about the formation and early days of Muse lol

Chris once again confirmed best member of the band

[*]There are two acoustic-driven tracks. One of which has a weird beat and is funk/trap/hip hop tinged. The other acoustic track is heavier but without distortion.

[*]Thought Contagion is not the heaviest song on the album, and there are a few electro-piano classical type tracks with cinematic, filmic elements.

I am okay with this

Nature_2 confirmed

• There are two acoustic-driven tracks. One of which has a weird beat and is funk/trap/hip hop tinged. The other acoustic track is heavier but without distortion.

• Thought Contagion is not the heaviest song on the album, and there are a few electro-piano classical type tracks with cinematic, filmic elements.

Okay...

Now it's become extremely difficult for me not to stay hyped! Two acoustic songs? Not only one, but more classical piano-driven tracks after Drones lacked them?

BRING. IT. ON.

Also, I feel Chris would do very well in a museal institution by cataloguing artifacts. :LOL:

Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but this sounds more promising than some of the promo description we’ve been given for previous albums.

Sounds like the album will end up like an 80’s vibe, Isolated System styled BHaR. I’m up for that.

EDIT: Hoping they’ve gotten past the simpler structure idea for at least 3-4 tracks. I got the impression from the interview that a couple are non-generic but might be reading too much into it.

• Album likely in November with two more singles beforehand

• For this album, Matt was inspired by the media he consumed when he was 5 or 6. Particularly music and imagery associated with movies like Robocop, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Link?

EDIT it's OK I found it https://www.virginradio.fr/muse-un-prochain-album-pour-novembre-2018-matt-bellamy-se-confie-a645602.html

Edited by musekiddo

Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but this sounds more promising than some of the promo description we’ve been given for previous albums.

Would say the exact opposite tbh :LOL:

Sounds like the album will end up like an 80’s vibe, Isolated System styled BHaR. I’m up for that.

T2L’s the album Matt’s directly compared it to and, judging by why he made the comparison, I can see why and would stick with that, if anything. Never got any Black Holes vibes from anything to do with this record tbh. So far, we know:

Dig Down

Thought Contagion

Algorithm

[acoustic funk]

[heavy acoustic]

Then at least one other piano song w/ electronic elements apparently, and most likely some kind of rock track somewhere.

I guess I just really don't see an 80s influence in either of the two songs so far except for the visuals they've tacked on to them.

Dig Down’s a little 80s glam/gospel arena rock I guess but, yeah, agree.