Well I haven't been keeping up with it so that was the information I was asking for. So not beside that fact.

But yeah, just seemed like with Matt's wording, in addition to the numerous studio posts and multiple guitars, that it was an album.

He has very recently stated that they'd be releasing all the songs as singles, recording them at different times, and compiling them onto an album at the end of next year.

I mean, I'm all for hoping they don't because I think it would lead to a bunch of shitty quality songs that people would be bored of by the time an "album" came out.

I can’t see every song being released as a single, ‘specially not at this rate if they’re hoping to have the record out by late 2018. If I had to guess, I’d say we’ll get around 4 or 5 and then the extra songs from each session will make up the rest of the album.

Still seems like a strange way to do an album for people who are known to get tired of songs written early on though....

I can’t see every song being released as a single, ‘specially not at this rate if they’re hoping to have the record out by late 2018. If I had to guess, I’d say we’ll get around 4 or 5 and then the extra songs from each session will make up the rest of the album.

Still seems like a strange way to do an album for people who are known to get tired of songs written early on though....

That’s what they’ve always said they’re gonna do.

Now that they lost their commercial popularity earned with Twilight, the Resistance singles and Madness, and failed to get it back with Dead Inside and Dig Down, I think it's time they get serious and record something decent.

Matt, stop trying to get Freddy Mercury-like commercially popular rock star, it's never gonna happen. Do what you do best.

not to be that person but if the next single is as horrible as dig down it'll probs be the last straw for me

fingers crossed though

Last straw in what sense?

I'm curious about how bad the new one will be.

That’s one way of staying interested in a band :chuckle:

Now that they lost their commercial popularity earned with Twilight, the Resistance singles and Madness, and failed to get it back with Dead Inside and Dig Down, I think it's time they get serious and record something decent.

Matt, stop trying to get Freddy Mercury-like commercially popular rock star, it's never gonna happen. Do what you do best.

What is ‘what they do best’ though, for you? ‘Cos you kinda make it sound like it’s their pop music/singles that have been holding them down over the last 8 years but it’s not like they haven’t been doing plenty of rock. Drones was almost entirely rock-focused to intentionally try to hark back to what fans consider their glory days but it ended up feeling pretty hollow as a result, so clearly just moving away from commercial pop isn’t a quick fix.

If anything, their poppier tracks have generally been some of the better tracks from each of the last 3 albums imo. Songs like UD, IBTY, Revolt, Madness, Panic Station, Dead Inside or even Follow Me sound miles more inspired than something like The Globalist or Supremacy to me.

Edited by Jobby