It sounds like the slow ass, dull, boring, uninteresting, RnB-esque pop songs on BB Hot 100.
Does it? I listen to a lot of modern pop and honestly Matt has always been far off modern pop. RnB today isn't cheesy vocal harmonies and Queeny guitar solos.

I feel like this is the sort of music Matt wants to write, but clearly doesn't manage to:

Does it? I listen to a lot of modern pop and honestly Matt has always been far off modern pop. RnB today isn't cheesy vocal harmonies and Queeny guitar solos.

I feel like this is the sort of music Matt wants to write, but clearly doesn't manage to:

Yeah Muse pop songs never really sound like anything on the radio imo. And I'm glad for that to be honest. Though after how much I adore Paramore's new album, I wouldn't have minded if Dig Down had been more like Hard Times.

That isn't quite fair considering Starboy was one of the best pop songs to come out last year, if not the best. Point still stand though.

Edit: how must Dom and Chris feel considering they both have almost nothing to do in this song?

Edited by BigGeorge

It's even worst than Madness. Jesus. Why make another song like Madness?

So disappointing. This is the side of Muse which I always hope they will drop but no.:(

I lost all faith with these pop materials. :(((((

Though after how much I adore Paramore's new album, I wouldn't have minded if Dig Down had been more like Hard Times.

Innittttttt.

Though I'm wary of saying that in case it's just 'cos I love Hard Times so much that I wish my fave band had written it :chuckle: I would love Muse to do a proper uptempo, unashamedly pop tune though, without having to resort to comedy/silliness i.e. Panic Station.

Innittttttt.

Though I'm wary of saying that in case it's just 'cos I love Hard Times so much that I wish my fave band had written it :chuckle: I would love Muse to do a proper uptempo, unashamedly pop tune though, without having to resort to comedy/silliness i.e. Panic Station.

Yeah good point.

:LOL:

I can't wait for the alt-right to find this. "Another musician turned "cuck" with lyrics about electing clowns and FEMALE protagonists kicking ass".

The alt-right hating this would probably improve my opinion of the song, as petty as that is of me. I actually like the video. Nothing mind-blowing but it's nice to look at.