Well, apparently it's reasonable now to hate something not only before it comes out, but before any previews of it are released and before it is even confirmed to be happening. I mean, please correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but isn't the only known thing about this album some pictures of Matt holding an acoustic guitar?

15203408_10154800835537437_1201292755809650598_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=63fcaf1c2299d40c218a2c736e020f24&oe=58B854D7

Isn't it unfair to judge an entire album based on the one unconfirmed thing people know about it? Remember when people freaked out about The 2nd Law because "it was a dubstep album"? Then the album came out, and, whether you liked it or not, only four of the thirteen tracks slightly resembled dubstep.

And SS, I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't blindly go in liking this album just because it's Muse, either. I'm certainly not saying that this album will definitely be good. In fact, that's my whole point, that we as fans shouldn't have preconceptions, good or bad, about how a thing is going to be without more confirmed information about it. At least with The 2nd Law, we had the excuse that Muse trolled all of us by releasing the dubstep track as the album's trailer.

Welcome to the board.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, then?

And didn't you whine about how people weren't accepting of others opinions (before fleeing the scene when you realised you fucked up) just a little while ago? Did you just mean opinions that you agree with? (Well, we all already know you did)

Y'all really aren't going to let that go, are you? Fine, you know what? Maybe I overreacted back then, and maybe I overreacted here, but I just find it highly illogical to automatically hate something when the only thing confirmed about it is a silly Facebook picture. But again, maybe I'm missing something else about this album that you guys are aware of.

Edited by TheHappySpaceman

That picture wasn't actually said to have anything to do with the next album, was it? Tmk it was just Matt buying an acoustic guitar. The only acoustic speculation has come from Matt mentioning it multiple times.

Either way, it's 100% fine to have preconceptions about descriptions on the next album imo, whether they end up being bollocks or not. I don't even know where this "ya'll hatin on acoustic stuff" has come from though. Most people don't even seem to believe it and all I said was that I massively doubt anything acoustic would end up like COD, Nature_1 etc. because they aren't that band anymore.

Yeah, it was just assumed the pic was album related because Matt mumbled some stuff in an interview about it being time to go acoustic again. He's been saying that since like '07.

So far it's been acoustic, rap, hip hop, and electronic. It'll probably be none of those, or some ungodly combination of all of them.

And I'm betting on another misleading "shock value" teaser this time around; they did "fan service" teaser for Drones.

And I'm betting on another misleading "shock value" teaser this time around; they did "fan service" teaser for Drones.

Hey, whatever gets attention, right? Even if it's negative, like the teaser for The 2nd Law getting everyone riled up about "Musestep," even though only 2/13 of the tracks (or 4/13 if you really want to stretch it) counted as dubstep.

Actually, you're right. Muse's teasers for their recent albums have been kind of weird.

Well, apparently it's reasonable now to hate something not only before it comes out, but before any previews of it are released and before it is even confirmed to be happening. I mean, please correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but isn't the only known thing about this album some pictures of Matt holding an acoustic guitar?

15203408_10154800835537437_1201292755809650598_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=63fcaf1c2299d40c218a2c736e020f24&oe=58B854D7

Isn't it unfair to judge an entire album based on the one unconfirmed thing people know about it? Remember when people freaked out about The 2nd Law because "it was a dubstep album"? Then the album came out, and, whether you liked it or not, only four of the thirteen tracks slightly resembled dubstep.

And SS, I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't blindly go in liking this album just because it's Muse, either. I'm certainly not saying that this album will definitely be good. In fact, that's my whole point, that we as fans shouldn't have preconceptions, good or bad, about how a thing is going to be without more confirmed information about it. At least with The 2nd Law, we had the excuse that Muse trolled all of us by releasing the dubstep track as the album's trailer.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, then?

Y'all really aren't going to let that go, are you? Fine, you know what? Maybe I overreacted back then, and maybe I overreacted here, but I just find it highly illogical to automatically hate something when the only thing confirmed about it is a silly Facebook picture. But again, maybe I'm missing something else about this album that you guys are aware of.

Once again, the only person who really hated on it was Fabri and possibly me. Then there were a bunch of positive comments, along with some which were sceptical that it would even happen. This great pessimism is just something you seem to be making up so that YOU can come here and whine.

Hey, whatever gets attention, right? Even if it's negative, like the teaser for The 2nd Law getting everyone riled up about "Musestep," even though only 2/13 of the tracks (or 4/13 if you really want to stretch it) counted as dubstep.

Actually, you're right. Muse's teasers for their recent albums have been kind of weird.

Unsustainable, Follow me.. then Madness and... ?

But anyway, 'Musestep' was embarrassingly shit so anyone who predicted it would be were correct. That's not 'hating', just successfully weighing up the strengths and weakenses of a band and seeing if they would suit a certain genre.

"Attempting to write a song on an acoustic guitar #oldskool #vintage"

Cyx9y-XWEAAdcaC.jpg

oh matt you do know how to tease

Still though, I'm confident this is a phase that'll be gone by the time the next album comes out. Unless it's for something they plan on releasing next year.

Edit: also he looks tired </3

Cyx9y-XWEAAdcaC.jpg

Still though, I'm confident this is a phase that'll be gone by the time the next album comes out. Unless it's for something they plan on releasing next year.

Matt solo acoustic album confirmed.

Cyx9y-XWEAAdcaC.jpg

Those hashtags are a bit cringey.