Heard it

I’m interested :shifty: its defo not immediately wank, potential there, Revolt’s verses were the main thing that made me love that though

also either Matt’s had another T2L vocal renaissance or he did a metric shitton of takes and is v optimistic for the tour, this shit sounds fucking hard

Edit: fuck it I like that GUAF clip, the potential for this record is SUBSTANTIAL

Edited by Jobby

I'm so curious about BITM because I've seen it described as both RATM and Justin Timberlake.

V little RATM in there yet, you’ll get a shock if you go in thinking that imo. There’s potential for a Morello hip hop whammy solo but it’s a VV fat bassline thumping one note to a pretty hip hop beat then it transitions into a lighter, pop fast vocal JT bit before whispering ‘just break it to me’

ST > Drones

Feels like hyperbole based off tiny clips but, aye, also confident on this (and I really liked Drones). Have been for a while but just getting a wee taste for the unheard stuff really solidifies my feeling. Just sounds so much more creative and full of life, as well as catchy, punchy and cohesive. Matt’s vocals sound so impressive in these mini parts already as well.

I really wanna say ‘best since black holes’ but I get legit war flashbacks of T2L, but if it ends up better than Drones it gets that title by default I guess

Nothing has surpassed The Handler yet. But that’s it.

Blockades and algorithm really might fam

Speaking of, right, I’m gonna listen to that Blockades clip a couple more times then sleep for a few hours

Full versions upon my awakening would be sultry

Edited by Jobby

Having not heard any of the clips I can say this impartially: I think it goes without saying that every album cycle lots of us have initially said "this is better than any of the other albums" because of hype

Yes it is v common but IN MY DEFENCE, T2L was the only one I ever went back on

Wasn’t impressed by TR, still ain’t

Really liked Drones, still do

That hype beast shit? Nah that ain’t me fam

Yes it is v common but IN MY DEFENCE, T2L was the only one I ever went back on

Wasn’t impressed by TR, still ain’t

Really liked Drones, still do

That hype beast shit? Nah that ain’t me fam

It's okay to embrace it, we need a hype beast like you on these forums to get the rest of us excited :LOL:

EDIT: Chris you're still wrong years later bc Reapers is easily the best song on Drones

Oh my.

Based only on these terrible snippets, from this album i’ll be listening to the Dark Side and the Void (Stranger Things Theme, anyone?) more than twice for sure. The rest i’m not so sure about.

Apart from the Void, Blockades sounds the best to me so far, and Break it to Me the worst, which is unexpected for sure.

Did you not hear Algorithm yet? It sounds amazing.

Wew finally some fun. I've gotta say, I wasn't at all hyped for this album but those clips did get me going. It looks like this will definitely be more of Muse experimenting rather than going through the motions for the first time since 2nd Law, hopefully it ages better than 2nd Law did. As far as the snippets go:

Algorithm: Man that electronic bass drum sounds booming, I love the tension it seems to build up. Super excited about that one.

The Void: I mean it sounds like Kavinsky who I really like, not much to tell about it other than the 80s style but considering synthwave almost never does me wrong i'm excited. Pretty much exactly what I wanted

Propaganda: Holy shit the robot voice and the verses are super jarring, but you know what? I fucking love it. I love Prince, and this is so on the nose. Matt sounds sexual in this.

Get Up And Fight: Man it already sounds like the cheesy Queen song, not excited.

Break It To Me: I'm.....curious? It's clearly calling Bulls on Parade for the instrumentals but the Justin Timberlake comparisons for the vocals are apt. This could end up good or bad, I have no idea.

Blockades: Sounds fucking epic, like a rally to battle or something. Excited for that one.