Ok yeah big into this song now :happy: feel pretty safe in agreeing it’s the best so far

Can anybody sharpen up the super deluxe preview pic enough to read the liner notes/lyrics a bit better? EDIT: ‘cos so far here’s what I think I can read under Algorithm:

[4] like a [5] / [5] like a [3]

We are [5 (caged?)] in simulations / Algorithms [6]

Pain is [5] / [6] [2] entrance(?)

[4] [5] [3] / Make your [7]

The boxed numbers being the no. of letters in the mystery word

So what do we think the two "Alternate Reality Version" are? I'm guessing that means almost opposite, or just a total reworking. I predict the alternate reality Dark Side will be really heavy. Or maybe they will go the Hyper Chrondriac Music route.

The ‘dreamy, ethereal’ versions Matt mentioned.

Edited by Jobby

Ok yeah big into this song now :happy: feel pretty safe in agreeing it’s the best so far

Can anybody sharpen up the super deluxe preview pic enough to read the liner notes/lyrics a bit better? EDIT: ‘cos so far here’s what I think I can read under Algorithm:

[4] like a [5] / [5] like a [3]

We are [5 (caged?)] in simulations / Algorithms [6]

Pain is [5] / [6] [2] entrance(?)

[4] [5] [3] / Make your [7]

The boxed numbers being the no. of letters in the mystery word

The ‘dreamy, ethereal’ versions Matt mentioned.

Ahhh right, forgot about that. That should be cool.

Also to answer your first question, someone posted this on reddit. Obviously not 100% accurate, but I think they probably got at least a lot of it right.

Where are you located? I'm in US and I ordered the cassette and box set and only got charged $8 for shipping I think

Edit: $8.99 for shipping. Also, my TØP order is showing in my Muse shop account. Guess they use the same merchant?

I'm in the US too, but for JUST the CD it is $5.99 shipping. I mean, maybe I am just too used to buying from retailers on Amazon and the like that charge (at most) 4, if not less.

I can see $9 for the box set+cassette, but 6 just for a CD? Or am I just spoiled?

Ah nice, I was on the right lines for a lot of it then (though some of that full translation is obvs still quite loose). First taste of lyrics for my most anticipated song is a bad way to avoid getting excited :awesome:

I forget, what was the little bit of info we got about Algorithm? When I saw the tweet about a map-ish-ish song I thought that was referring to Algorithm or Blockades or something, but now a few people here suspect The Dark Side is what he was referring to. Which I thought the The Dark Side was supposed to be a heavy track (though maybe he just said "dark"). So I feel like I'm all mixed up now lol

Also I would love if there was a song on here that was heavy on synths (or sounds similar to in The Dark Side), but with some heavy, crunchy riffs. And a little less straightforward.

Edited by Matthz

I'm in the US too, but for JUST the CD it is $5.99 shipping. I mean, maybe I am just too used to buying from retailers on Amazon and the like that charge (at most) 4, if not less.

I can see $9 for the box set+cassette, but 6 just for a CD? Or am I just spoiled?

Yeah I'd expect around $4 for just a cd if it were any other retailer but it being a band store I'm not surprised that it's higher. Not too long ago I tried to buy merch from the muse shop and shipping was gonna be $30+ for a couple of shirts so I thought $9 for my order today was pretty good

I forget, what was the little bit of info we got about Algorithm? When I saw the tweet about a map-ish-ish song I thought that was referring to Algorithm or Blockades or something, but now a few people here suspect The Dark Side is what he was referring to. Which I thought the The Dark Side was supposed to be a heavy track (though maybe he just said "dark"). So I feel like I'm all mixed up now lol

Also I would love if there was a song on here that was heavy on synths (or sounds similar to in The Dark Side), but with some heavy, crunchy riffs. And a little less straightforward.

TDS was the Map(ish) song, he said that’d be the next song out before Pressure. Algorithm’s been said to be a ‘weird’ mix of romantic classical piano and Vangelis/video game synths.

8.50 euro for CD minimum, 17.99 for courier-only deluxe edition. that's 30-48% of the actual product. :mad:

So what do we think the two "Alternate Reality Version" are? I'm guessing that means almost opposite, or just a total reworking. I predict the alternate reality Dark Side will be really heavy. Or maybe they will go the Hyper Chrondriac Music route.

Matt talked about that in an interview a month or so ago, saying it's basically directions that the songs could have taken but they eventually decided against. When they (as we as most other artists) write and record, there are always versions that are scrapped in the end, because a decision has to be made. This could mean a lot of things though. Arcane Roots are actually doing the exact same thing right now.

Just to clarify, The Dark Side was never said to be heavy. That's just a conclusion a lot of fans drew because Matt talked about a heavy song and The Dark Side had a "heavy" title.

I like the cover. Better than the last 2. Listened to the 4 songs again today and they're actually alright. I was too harsh on SH and TC. But TDS is the best overall for me. While still not Showbiz- TR era quality, I feel there's more life in these songs than there has been since TR.

People underrate Drones so much smh

This. I genuinely think everything up to and including Revolt is pretty great. Dead Inside is one of Matt’s most accomplished compositions ever. Nothing from the four ST tracks we’ve heard so far get close.

People underrate Drones so much smh

Honestly I am here because of how much I've loved Muse's output in the past and how much I still love at least a few songs every album, but I could never rate an album where I have no interest in...6 of its 10 songs.

Not commented on it but I like the cover. But I dunno if you can post a specific 80s film poster and say it reminds you of it given it probably reminds you of all posters from that era. :chuckle:

Anyone got any ideas on when tour dates will be announced? Today maybe :rolleyes:

I'm prepared for it being around the time Pressure is released, so maybe October. But that's based on pure meaningless guess work.

Edited by forevermusic

The album cover is a straight ripoff of 'Ready Player One'.

Someone did point that out to me. I can see why people would think that, but I don't agree. There are many posters/covers which have that style of prominent characters in the centre and then the plot concepts around it. Stranger Things and the Last Jedi are two examples which come to mind.

I think it's more a case of it's just becoming a more used/modern style.

Drones has some of their best work in a long time in Dead Inside and The Handler, but it really suffers from ending on a streak of complete duds. I mean there are bits in Aftermath and The Globalist that I like, but overall I just want them to end. And Drones the song is just a horrible ending when usually you can count on their closers being really good. I like the verses in Revolt but the chorus is still one of my least favorite things they've done. And I just never have the urge to listen to Defector. Then Psycho and Mercy do nothing for me.

With that being said, The Resistance is probably still my least favorite album.

Edited by Matthz

Someone did point that out to me. I can see why people would think that, but I don't agree. There are many posters/covers which have that style of prominent characters in the centre and then the plot concepts around it. Stranger Things and the Last Jedi are two examples which come to mind.

I think it's more a case of it's just becoming a more used/modern style.

As it happens, the wikipedia page says that the guy who did the cover art for Stranger Things made this cover (and that the guy who did the cover art for Infinity War did the cover art for the boxed edition of this album).