Source on those lyrics? I also like them, darkest lyrics Matt’s put out sincccccce...maybe Ruled By Secrecy if true.

It was a big difference only being a few days before release but also all the studio versions paled in comparison to those performances.

It was probably my favorite day on this board as well.

Never forget that fucking awful quality (which only made it seem beefier) first Supremacy upload that cut off after just enough of the drop A riff and falsetto to send everyone into absolute meltdown. Board was burning down. Tried searching for it again a few times since and cannae find it, wonder if the uploader deleted after the better quality versions came out.

That performance of Animals remains incredible as well, sounds like something straight from Origin/Abso.

Source on those lyrics? I also like them, darkest lyrics Matt’s put out sincccccce...maybe Ruled By Secrecy if true.

Never forget that fucking awful quality (which only made it seem beefier) first Supremacy upload that cut off after just enough of the drop A riff and falsetto to send everyone into absolute meltdown. Board was burning down. Tried searching for it again a few times since and cannae find it, wonder if the uploader deleted after the better quality versions came out.

That performance of Animals remains incredible as well, sounds like something straight from Origin/Abso.

Follow Me was also great and Panic Station had some energy that was never really recaptured on tour.

I still prefer T2L's production to The Resistance's (mostly the guitar tones and drums during Unsustainable) but there was still something sterile about it that Cologne overcame entirely.

I also remember someone (Dee?) hearing it via a fucking phone call.

I hail from the dark side* but yes these are the lyrics. Call the number on @muse on Instagram

I have lived with darkness for all my life

I've been deceived

You'd be afraid if you could feel my pain

And if you could see the things I am able to see

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

I hail from darkness for all my life

I've been deceived

You'd be scared, living with my despair

And if you could feel the things I am able to feel

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

Save me from the dark side

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

-----------

Yes, Sirs. Those you're reading are the real lyrics of The Dark Side.

(Wow, Matt, who the fuck hurt you?).

I have lived with darkness

For all my life I have been pursued

You'd be afraid if you could feel my pain

And if you could see the things I am able to see

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

I hail from the dark side

For all my life I've been besieged

You'd be scared, living with my despair

And if you could feel the things I am able to feel

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

Save me from the dark side

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

-----------

Yes, Sirs. Those you're reading are the real lyrics of The Dark Side.

(Wow, Matt, who the fuck hurt you?).

Fixed a few things.

Where is the phone number people are calling? Edit: Nevermind, found it.

I really hope the music matches those dark as fuck lyrics.

I have a feeling it won't. Watch it like Big Freeze in terms of sound and tone lol. They've done that before but I can't remember the most obvious example. Dark lyrics and an upbeat happy song.

Edit: oh yeah, Mercy.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

The previously posted tracklist seems to actually be real. Dig Down is really going to open the album... good god. At least I can just start from track 2 (though nothing special there either). That start is really going to leave a bad taste in critic's mouths. Sidenote: I much prefer when an opening track is one not heard before an album release.

Also album release date is apparently November 9

Edit: Calling it now: "Get Up and Fight" will be the worst song on the album and one of Muse's worst ever. With a title like that I don't even know how it could be good. How many more years can Matt sing about the same sort of stuff?

Edit 2: I hate even more how once again we will have heard the first 5 straight songs on the album. Because I like to listen to the albums as a whole when they come out, but this makes it to where you have to agonizingly get through 5 songs you're already familiar with before finally getting to the new stuff you're dying to hear.

Edited by Matthz

The previously posted tracklist seems to actually be real. Dig Down is really going to open the album... good god. At least I can just start from track 2 (though nothing special there either). That start is really going to leave a bad taste in critic's mouths. Sidenote: I much prefer when an opening track is one not heard before an album release.

Also album release date is apparently November 9

Edit: Calling it now: "Get Up and Fight" will be the worst song on the album and one of Muse's worst ever. With a title like that I don't even know how it could be good. How many more years can Matt sing about the same sort of stuff?

Edit 2: I hate even more how once again we will have heard the first 5 straight songs on the album. Because I like to listen to the albums as a whole when they come out, but this makes it to where you have to agonizingly get through 5 songs you're already familiar with before finally getting to the new stuff you're dying to hear.

On edit 1: Agree. Probably be the Revolt of this album. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Blockades and The Void will be the only two good songs that the usual long time fans who groan about everything new (myself included) will like.

On edit 1: Agree. Probably be the Revolt of this album. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Blockades and The Void will be the only two good songs that the usual long time fans who groan about everything new (myself included) will like.

I have a feeling I will like The Darkside pretty well, just based on brief descriptions and the lyrics. Pressure I'm really unsure about. It sounds good on paper, but like in a lot of instances these days, it kinda comes down to if Matt botches the lyrics/overall cheese factor.

I have a feeling I will like The Darkside pretty well, just based on brief descriptions and the lyrics. Pressure I'm really unsure about. It sounds good on paper, but like in a lot of instances these days, it kinda comes down to if Matt botches the lyrics/overall cheese factor.

The fact that Pressure might be the lead single leads me to think it'll be awful but then again last time around we got Dead Inside which is probably the second best song on Drones behind The Handler.

Like I said before, expecting all this to be officially confirmed/announced today then, with it all being leaked together. Exciting, got a good vibe about TDS.

Also y’all should know judging song quality by a title is a moderate bonehead move