Intimate + departure from Drones, to me, = probs a love song that’s pretty laid back w/ a electronic/pop sound. Maybe some acoustic guitar or clean-ish electric if any. Basically Madness up to the solo.

It’s still not really enough to make an active call on though. Surprised there hasn’t really been any teasing for it. Just ‘oh yeah, new single in a few weeks, it’s called x’ in a couple of niche online articles. Shit, it’s not even been officially acknowledged on any social media.

I’m not bashing ‘nyoo mooz’ when I say this but they ain’t writing a song like Screenager in 2018 my guy. Like, regardless of description, you can scratch that one off :chuckle:

Nah, pretty sure that was just a random teaser pic/vid for the record in general.

Lol, fair point.

Yeah, llama toenails on the new single are probably out of the question, but I do still look forward to the acoustic!

Besides, acoustic could mean they bring back a bit of that Spanish/Latin flair they used to have, and that's one of my favorite bits of old Muse's sound.

"Riff-based songs are so freaking boring and plain. Why would anyone want Muse to keep writing always those ones? Start playing some fucking organ or mellotron, for Christ's sake!"

Synths are so boring, and riffs, and acoustics, and effects. Just give me Matt humming over Dom playing llama toenails with his feet while Chris sits there and watches the proceedings giddily.

;)

Synths are so boring, and riffs, and acoustics, and effects. Just give me Matt humming over Dom playing llama toenails with his feet while Chris sits there and watches the proceedings giddily.

;)

They need more farts! Farts symbolizes the physical torment an artist could go through while composing and recording their music, it's a seal of honesty! Why, WHY won't they include their fucking farts in their music?!1!2? :'(

From the newest Muse facebook post:

"Got tickets to see MUSE: Drones World Tour in theatres tomorrow? Don’t leave before the credits end…" so Something Human premiere could be tomorrow in cinemas.

Don’t leave before the credits end…" so Something Human premiere could be tomorrow in cinemas.

after that tweet (coupled with Matt's recent comment in an interview), can't imagine it won't be played at the very end.

Seeing a Muse music video at the big screen with other people sounds like a recipe for secondhand embarrassment.

Seeing a Muse music video at the big screen with other people sounds like a recipe for secondhand embarrassment.

Considered going for literally about 0.000034 seconds before the reasonable part of my brain had this EXACT response.

Plus some samaritan’ll probs record it and put it up afterwards, if it isn’t released the next day.

I'm just gonna wait for it to be released on Amazon or some other service as someone mentioned further up.

Reason is I literally can't be bothered to go all the way to my nearest cinema because it's upwards of an hour away.

I would be surprised if Something Human premiered with that 'Credits' tease. Chances are it's a Dig Down reprise or something lmao.

Unless they're talking about that certain song which has never been played live...

No, it's not FAWY.

To be fair I think Aftermath will be played during credits and KoC will be that extra thing

To be fair I think Aftermath will be played during credits and KoC will be that extra thing

We all know it won't be KoC, though, because it's included in the trailer.

Where's the surprise in that?

So far, the most plausible options are the following:

- Something Human première;

- a teaser of the same song;

- Aftermath soundcheck.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

--Uncommon opinion inbound--

I actually really like Aftermath. The lyrics carry a lot of weight, the video is sentimental, I just have a sweet spot for it. Given that they've never done it live though, how would it be included at the end? Would a sound check variation really work?

Or, Would they have especially filmed it just for the film?

Unless they're talking about that certain song which has never been played live...

No, it's not FAWY.

Coma? I’d be down.

Coma? I’d be down.

Probably Hyper Chondriac Music

Why do I only post when I have nothing relevant to say. But never when I actually have an opinion to voice?

--Uncommon opinion inbound--

I actually really like Aftermath. The lyrics carry a lot of weight, the video is sentimental, I just have a sweet spot for it. Given that they've never done it live though, how would it be included at the end? Would a sound check variation really work?

Or, Would they have especially filmed it just for the film?

Take off the last minute or so and it's a fine ballad, touching even.

It's just the proportion to which they ballooned that out chorus that more ott than even Muse aught to be.

Beautiful guitar work on it though.

Not interested in seeing Drones concert in theaters before I've managed to actually catch a real live show, so no the prospect of seeing a new song at the end isn't enough to get me there either (assuming theater's near me are even playing it). I'll wait for it to come out on Spotify and iTunes and hear it then.

Not interested in seeing Drones concert in theaters before I've managed to actually catch a real live show, so no the prospect of seeing a new song at the end isn't enough to get me there either (assuming theater's near me are even playing it). I'll wait for it to come out on Spotify and iTunes and hear it then.

I second that.

Can’t tell anything much about the song from the clip, but the sound (off beat snare/click, the more tribal percussion and synthy swell) feels like it could be interesting though.

Those few seconds of SH sound like a strange merge between Screenager and Soldier's Poem softly envelopped in Vangelis-like synths.

Idk what clip you heard but it’s not what I did

I’d post a link but I’m guessing we can’t? Song’s out next Thursday anyway.

I really don't know how someone could figure anything out of a short low quality clip like that, but man I'm so not hyped :$