Well it is, after all, European history. If you asked the average European about the civil war in the US or the Pacific war I don't think they'd be able to say much beyond "slavery vs abolitionists" and "Pearl Harbor".

American HIstory is actually fascinating, American culture has so pervaded society thats its hard not to be interested (and horrified once you open enough books). Most of us know that the North wanted to nullify the Souths industrial advantages, and abolition fitted that bill.

Likewise, Pearl Harbour isnt the first thing that springs to mind at all, its the US military forcing Japan to buy their oil that precipitated Japanese OTTP retaliation that we learn about. I do think sometimes euros do know more about your country than you do, because Americans, like many countries do, prefer to paint themselves as heroes historically ...but not always obviously.

Amazing country though, in history terms, thanks for giving us it.

Edited by Museings

I find Reapers quite unlistenable, sadly. The verses are so boring. The production throughout is weird. The solo is annoying until the last bit. The outro is underwhelming.

The Handler is great but the bridge could have more going on.

After a month, I decided that if it wasn't for GUAF and TC (and Blockades, which I find good overall, but still a "Muse-by-number" track), I'd give this album a full 9/9,5, instead it's just a sort of 8.

It's better than the last three albums mainly because there are a lot of great songs that neatly balance those two (three) ones out.

Yep

Agree, Reapers is better for me.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I'm not a big fan of ranking songs because I like different ones for different reasons but just to join in the fun...

The Handler

Unnatural Selection

Supremacy

Animals

Dead Inside

Honorable mention to Uprising (overplayed but I still enjoy it)

The Dark Side (if my arm is twisted for a new one)

Best five since BH&R:

Dead Inside

Break It To Me

MK Ultra

Reapers

The Handler

I always forget how high the highs on Drones are for me. Dead Inside is legit top five Muse songs material.

When I first heard it I couldn't imagine that Dead Inside would be one of the songs I'd really want to stick around after the Drones tour.