james90

Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

Here is a bunch of pics the guys sent me.

IMG_001.jpg

IMG_002.jpg

IMG_003.jpg

IMG_004.jpg

IMG_005.jpg

IMG_006.jpg

IMG_008.jpg

IMG_009.jpg

IMG_011.jpg

IMG_012.jpg

IMG_013.jpg

IMG_014.jpg

IMG_015.jpg

As you can see Tim actually decided to pick a different scratch plate at the end because it looked better, and I'm glad he did :)

Damn that's nice!

Anyone had a custom built acoustic from Manson and know if they're any good?

As in MGW? They don't build acoustics, but I've tried one of Andy's before and it was incredible.

As in MGW? They don't build acoustics, but I've tried one of Andy's before and it was incredible.

Ah i didn't realise. Since seeing Matt's one I've just been wondering how their acoustics would sound/feel if they did make them!

Yeah Andy's always look gorgeous and from the clips I've heard of people playing them they always sound so crisp.

Yesterday I saw a new MB guitar @ Bilbao (black with humbucker sized sustainiac. with a purple stripe around the body and some LED (not the guitar he uses for Dig Down)). Possible new signature model for 2019? It looked really cool. I don’t know if this was his first public performance with that guitar.

Yesterday I saw a new MB guitar @ Bilbao (black with humbucker sized sustainiac. with a purple stripe around the body and some LED (not the guitar he uses for Dig Down)). Possible new signature model for 2019? It looked really cool. I don’t know if this was his first public performance with that guitar.

Anyone know where I can find a video/pic with this in?

I have a few Instagram stories (Alsosj) he is using it on Pressure, although the quality isn’t great.

I have a few Instagram stories (Alsosj) he is using it on Pressure, although the quality isn’t great.

Just seen it, it's a sick guitar but he needs something proper out there to fit with the tour theme and stop using just matt blacks.

Searching through my camera roll I found a better video, here’s a screen capture

7-E2-CA51-C-7-E25-4-C9-A-84-E1-3-EBBDD6981-D3.jpg

Edit: Yesterday's Pressure was just broadcasted on MTV, you can see the guitar there

Edited by Also

Searching through my camera roll I found a better video, here’s a screen capture

7-E2-CA51-C-7-E25-4-C9-A-84-E1-3-EBBDD6981-D3.jpg

Edit: Yesterday's Pressure was just broadcasted on MTV, you can see the guitar there

Looks like there's LED'S on the headstock too, nice.

Doesn't he have enough black guitars? I miss the old chrome, mirror, sparkly days. Maybe he just doesn't feel like he needs the distraction anymore on stage?

Doesn't he have enough black guitars? I miss the old chrome, mirror, sparkly days. Maybe he just doesn't feel like he needs the distraction anymore on stage?

Even those whammy guitars are just Matt Blacks with floyds. :(

The thing is, what more can he do, he's done kaoss pads n shit. Maybe like a multifoil kaoss guitar. The tonez need refreshing too, so far every era has had a different SMBH tone. The current one is meh

I think all the Matt Blacks etc fit with the Drones dull and dark aesthetic but I'm surprised with the aesthetic of Simulation Theory - lots of neon, bright visuals etc - that he's carried that on and not gone for anything a bit more emphatic.

Also, we're avoiding the fact that we don't know why he's gone for a humbucker sustainiac.

Both single coil and humbucker sized Sustainiacs are the same, so I suppose it's an aesthetic choice.