Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

It's almost like you're giving this person permission to jump the queue, just because his stock MA neck doesn't have any birds-eyes and or gloss finish, and he's very bitter about it.

Or maybe I'm imagining that.

And this one had the X-Y paper changed to black. Have I made another mistake?

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/g3?lightbox=image34f

It's almost like you're giving this person permission to jump the queue, just because his stock MA neck doesn't have any birds-eyes and or gloss finish, and he's very bitter about it.

Or maybe I'm imagining that.

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/g3?lightbox=image34f

Well I was thinking some glitter and a baked maple - but birds-eyes and gloss would also work :happy:

Well I was thinking some glitter and a baked maple - but birds-eyes and gloss would also work :happy:

I don't think they actually have plain baked maple - all of it is figured

Got any pictures of it with black paper? You know I'm fond of E shapes :facemelt:

EDIT: haven't seen a sustainer like that on any other guitar

I think some of the older fernandes guitars had them, but I can't remember. The pole pieces are probably just for looks either way.

Here is a photo I just took on my obsolete iPhone 6S

h4fT6x7.jpg

Here is a photo I just took on my obsolete iPhone 6S

That's amazing. Looks fantastic.

Side question, what single coil should I put into the MBC-1? I know the obvious answer is a sustaniac, but I don't have that kind of cash floating around. What are some options you guys have heard that you like? I was thinking to leave it as a clean and chimey sounding pickup, but I also know how good the single coils sized humbuckers can sound.:p

It seems like the options are a bit limited (at least if you want a proper strat type pickup.) You'll need one that doesn't have the piece at the bottom of the pickup, as the MBC doesn't seem to be routed for that. Maybe this sort of thing? I know the MAs usually have these as a stock option.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SCR1nBlk

I'm torn between liking it because the shapes solid and hating it because good god seeing the MB shape in a natural finish is just not ordinary :LOL:I'd probably pay 600ish for it but not over twice that.

Edit: speaking of buying things, I got 25 bucks to guitar center rotting on a gift card i got for christmas. I was going to buy more synth stuff but probably not. What do you guys use to clean your Matte finish guitars? I'm thinking I'll pick up some guitar care stuff and give some love to my two babies.

Edited by Stocking

Eh... don’t think whoever’s selling that knows how much an MA-1 costs :chuckle:

Obviously they do. They plan to buy one with the money from this replica.

speaking of buying things, I got 25 bucks to guitar center rotting on a gift card i got for christmas. I was going to buy more synth stuff but probably not. What do you guys use to clean your Matte finish guitars? I'm thinking I'll pick up some guitar care stuff and give some love to my two babies.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Music-Nomad/Guitar-Detailer-for-Matte-and-Gloss-Finishes.gc

I need to pick some of that up as well. I usually just use a micro fiber cloth, which works well enough in most cases, but not always.

Lines like this on anything Manson replica related always make me chuckle. :chuckle:

It usually works though :stunned:

Are the Santa 2.0s done yet?

Well the thread title hasn't changed, so I think that indicates what the status of the guitars is.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooo ive been extensively searching the web and can't find any info.

What's the go with Matt's dual bridge p90 equipped guitars?

are the two p90's set up to be hum cancelling when both engaged?

Does matt mainly use these with both pick ups engaged or just 1?

These guitars seems to be mainly used for tracks like Uprising which have the single coil sound to them?