james90

Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

Do like that.

How long before imperial vintage start spray painting MBCs and try to sell them as “special editions”?

This

:facepalm: bump

So I'm guessing Jaicen has a clear favourite now that he's managed to see all pictures from the 2017 calendar.

But what will his favourite be from the 2018 calendar? Only time will tell.

:facepalm: bump

So I'm guessing Jaicen has a clear favourite now that he's managed to see all pictures from the 2017 calendar.

But what will his favourite be from the 2018 calendar? Only time will tell.

I think this year's cendar was way better than 2016, loads of good stuff. December is easily the best, as I'm sure most would agree.

As for next years, I be been #spoiled on April, the remaining 11 shots will have a hard time topping that.

Couldn't resist looking through the calendar as soon as I opened the package.

So the guitar from the cover and November is an MB...

Also, @james90 I got some packs of Mansons strings to try.

Also, @james90 I got some packs of Mansons strings to try.

Nice. 10-52?

Speaking of the PF-1 Pickup, I was looking into putting one into my MBC-1. I can't seem to find an option for just the pickup anywhere. Am I blind or just stupid?

Speaking of the PF-1 Pickup, I was looking into putting one into my MBC-1. I can't seem to find an option for just the pickup anywhere. Am I blind or just stupid?

As far as I'm aware, they're only really available for the guitars they sell, although I haven't heard of any MBCs having them. Not sure of the exact reason, but you'll have to contact MGW directly.

As far as I'm aware, they're only really available for the guitars they sell, although I haven't heard of any MBCs having them. Not sure of the exact reason, but you'll have to contact MGW directly.

Ah. I just wanted to buy the pickup by itself, damn. Think any Bareknuckle will get close? I figure if i custom order a BKP I can get a sick cover on it to stealthify the MBC

Mine arrived yesterday. Looked at all of them. #NoRegerts

Ah. I just wanted to buy the pickup by itself, damn. Think any Bareknuckle will get close? I figure if i custom order a BKP I can get a sick cover on it to stealthify the MBC

Not any that I've tried. The only thing about those BKP covers is that the black ones tend to have the paint come off easily. Not sure if they ever sorted that issue - I bought a ragnarok with a black cover just recently, so I'll see how that one ends up.

Oh my, that Red Alert is #militarygrade. Good job the head has no transformers in, or it would probably have snapped the neck in half!

Thought there might be some strong opinions on this one, so here goes...

Considering trading in my DSB Evo-S for a Holosparkle MA-1T (both w/Sustainiac). Curious to hear any thoughts on the holosparkle finish and whether losing the XY controller for a Floyd Rose trem would be a mistake?

Thought there might be some strong opinions on this one, so here goes...

Considering trading in my DSB Evo-S for a Holosparkle MA-1T (both w/Sustainiac). Curious to hear any thoughts on the holosparkle finish and whether losing the XY controller for a Floyd Rose trem would be a mistake?

Depends what you think you'll use more. The main drawback with the trem option is that you're stuck with one tuning on the guitar obviously, so consider if you have other guitars to balance that out. Then how much do you use the XY - I doubt anyone uses it as much as they could, but then you might say the same about the trem too. Both are kind of useful options when you want to do something different, but do you have a particular preference? I suppose it's also worth considering that if you do use the XY, you're not going to find many other guitars that have one, whereas plenty have a trem system. Doesn't the MA-2 have better pickups than the MA-1 though? I might not be being very helpful, haha! Is there any way you can try both and see what you think, to make sure you know?

I came in here expecting an update, as there was nothing I said earlier that would warrant a response from you... even though all of my posts should.

zGHQb4O.gif

No update yet, James. Waiting on the paint being put on before Christmas hopefully, then everything else finished some time in January, I think. Just waiting to see for now.

Depends what you think you'll use more. The main drawback with the trem option is that you're stuck with one tuning on the guitar obviously, so consider if you have other guitars to balance that out. Then how much do you use the XY - I doubt anyone uses it as much as they could, but then you might say the same about the trem too. Both are kind of useful options when you want to do something different, but do you have a particular preference? I suppose it's also worth considering that if you do use the XY, you're not going to find many other guitars that have one, whereas plenty have a trem system. Doesn't the MA-2 have better pickups than the MA-1 though? I might not be being very helpful, haha! Is there any way you can try both and see what you think, to make sure you know?

That's a good point about the tuning, hadn't really thought about that! Yeah the MA-2 has the MBK-2's but I'd probably look to upgrade to those anyway. I've never seen the MA-1T in the shop, but they'd probably have one in the works. Pretty sure the XY only ever gets used for about 3 effects, but it feels almost criminal to lose it...

I think I must've missed the back story, but how come your custom is taking so long? 15 months is painful!

I think we're up to 18 months now actually, but yeah, I don't know, something to do with them moving to a new workshop building which delayed everything by a few months or something like that. Then they've fallen behind a bit after that too, so hopefully it will be done in January now, I think. I'm probably used to long waits after what happened last time though, haha!

That moment when Bs is posting more than you are. Bit of a strange, but incredibly refreshing feeling. Like having a Nando's for the first time in a year.

Speaking of which, just over six months to go...

I think we're up to 18 months now actually, but yeah, I don't know, something to do with them moving to a new workshop building which delayed everything by a few months or something like that. Then they've fallen behind a bit after that too, so hopefully it will be done in January now, I think. I'm probably used to long waits after what happened last time though, haha!

I can only commend your patience. I'd have been banging on their front door with a pitchfork by now.

Also when was the last time the three of us were the last three concurrent posters...

tenor.gif?itemid=9063972

I can only commend your patience. I'd have been banging on their front door with a pitchfork by now.

Also when was the last time the three of us were the last three concurrent posters...

vZWLIA5.gif