Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

That 7 string is a really good price. Since it says that guitar's the last of the ET series, does anyone know if they've stopped doing runs of E shapes completely? I'm sure there was something a while ago about the spec of them changing, but them still being made.

Guitar Center offered me a laughable price for my MBC w/ sustainiac and MBK-2. Didn't even cover the cost of one of the pickups :LOL:

"Modifications are hard to price and don't really add much value to the guitar most times."

Guess no DR-1 for me :(

Guitar Center offered me a laughable price for my MBC w/ sustainiac and MBK-2. Didn't even cover the cost of one of the pickups :LOL:

"Modifications are hard to price and don't really add much value to the guitar most times."

Guess no DR-1 for me :(

That's kind of my fear as well, sell-on value.

Have you tried the selling thread?

That's kind of my fear as well, sell-on value.

Have you tried the selling thread?

Yeah it's up there and on Reverb. I got no issue not selling it, it's mostly just to upgrade.

Edit: SDL is gone now. High end ones seem to be selling. I guess the rarity factor is there.

Edited by bridge

Guitar Center employees were debating between offering me $250 and $225 for my Cort :LOL:

I basically told them to stop arguing because they weren't even close. Starting to get some feelers on Rever but probably not in time for the DR-1

Guitar Center employees were debating between offering me $250 and $225 for my Cort :LOL:

I basically told them to stop arguing because they weren't even close. Starting to get some feelers on Rever but probably not in time for the DR-1

It's because of the name on the headstock.

...And the fact that it's a Cort I guess. :ninja:

It's because of the name on the headstock.

...And the fact that it's a Cort I guess. :ninja:

Guitar center just runs straight off the prices that are out there. It's about a $600-650 guitar new? So they can sell it used for $500? Then they'll give you 50-60% of that price because they need to make margin on it so 250-300 seems about right.

Now, they could run into a Muse fan and sell it for more than they think, but they aren't willing to take in that risk. Unfortunately mods don't really do anything for resale. The stock pickup could be better sounding to some, and then an aftermarket pickup (even a nice bareknuckle) has actually devalued it.

Anyone have any idea what the DR-1 necks play like given their finish? It seems like that it may give a somewhat unconventional feel, but I haven't ever actually seen one in person.

Not really. It's a fairly dry feeling satin. Not too far off from what the MAs have.

My plan worked!

Also, someone just told me off for playing something other than Muse on my guitar. :-(

:(

But when all you play is Muse people also say that those guitars aren't tied to one band :$:$:$ #Idontknowhowtolive

Hugh's next innovation will be to install exposed circuitry that shocks you when playing non-Muse songs on all signature models.

And to have the opposite in the shops display models, they must get sick of hearing those riffs all day.