Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

That trans black guitar is gorgeous.

Also... Might have to start planning #3 :ninja:

#FullCustom?

Anyone check on the price of this one yet? I'm sure it's already probably sold, but just curious.

I have not. Maybe they'll list it on the preowned bit on the works website soon.

I think james sounds much better with his Ultra GP than this

Have you done anything to that new black one, james?

Yeah I saw that earlier. The thing is that I spent far too much time and money copying JH's actual setup, rather than using readily available guitars, pedals, and amps that most people have access to.

And nope, I don't really intend to change anything. I did replace a pot, but that was necessary as the original broke. It completely ruined my day as well, as I didn't even have the correct short shaft ones, and had to use a long shaft.

It's slowly eating away at me, knowing that it's not the same as the other three.

Yeah I saw that earlier. The thing is that I spent far too much time and money copying JH's actual setup, rather than using readily available guitars, pedals, and amps that most people have access to.

And nope, I don't really intend to change anything. I did replace a pot, but that was necessary as the original broke. It completely ruined my day as well, as I didn't even have the correct short shaft ones, and had to use a long shaft.

It's slowly eating away at me, knowing that it's not the same as the other three.

Oops, so sorry I posted in the wrong thread. Had multiple tabs opened and I thought this was the General Gear one. :facepalm:

We (maybe just me) need a picture of all your GP's together, James. That has to be a rarer sight than multiple Manson's nowadays :rolleyes:

Oops, so sorry I posted in the wrong thread. Had multiple tabs opened and I thought this was the General Gear one. :facepalm:

We (maybe just me) need a picture of all your GP's together, James. That has to be a rarer sight than multiple Manson's nowadays :rolleyes:

It depends really. The closest I've posted to a group picture of anything was of the escapee MoCs. But somewhere, out there... exists a full group photo of the MB shapes.

Also, the latest Reverb newsletter:

3azexrD.jpg

Usually a title like that would get me excited. Alas... I have already captured DaveTone™

Next I need to figure out how to copy Bs. That will be a real challenge, considering the amount of pedals he uses, and also ye olde tragic bridge. But unlike many other guitarists, he seems happy to talk about his setup, so there won't be any guessing.

edit:

Nice

Edited by james90

What do you guys think the sell-on value would be of the black glitter manson I got about 18 months ago? Cost roughly 2000 pounds excluding VAT when I ordered it

Depends on the market, pups, etc. I'd say. They usually seem to go for close to original list on reverb and other second-hand markets. Maybe a 15ish% markdown in some cases depending on whether there's noticeable defects or anything. Might be a harder sell too in just Australia since you'd limit your market, but shipping abroad will require the hassle of paperwork on your end for the rosewood.

I'd be somewhat interested depending on the upgrades. Always loved the black glitter finish, but probably a bit too pricey for me at the moment.

Nah. I think I'm going to sell the black glitter and use the money to fund a full custom :ninja:

I'll take the glitter :ninja:

Curious to see what Matt takes out gear-wise on their 30 Seconds to Mars tour.. can't imagine it'll differ much from the Drones tour, but who knows. On that note, anyone actually like PVRIS? I can't seem to find any of their music that's appealing :erm:

I'll take the glitter :ninja:

Curious to see what Matt takes out gear-wise on their 30 Seconds to Mars tour.. can't imagine it'll differ much from the Drones tour, but who knows. On that note, anyone actually like PVRIS? I can't seem to find any of their music that's appealing :erm:

No idea, but chances are it will be finished in the signature MB finish. Unless it's rig (insert letter here) that was used on the psycho US tour, but I doubt it.

And no, I haven't heard anything by them.

Also, five hours left for sherpa_man to buy this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manson-Strat-HSS-Stunning-Guitar-Sound-Amazing-Muse-Matt-Bellamy-Reduced-/142286188861