Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Haha, well it does look stunning! I'm not even going to try to get my new one to compete with it for looks because it would lose so I'm just going for something simple, but with hopefully the same sound and some of the different functions from my MB-1. Hopefully it complements them well.

Haha, well it does look stunning! I'm not even going to try to get my new one to compete with it for looks because it would lose so I'm just going for something simple, but with hopefully the same sound and some of the different functions from my MB-1. Hopefully it complements them well.

Just tried my DL-1 for a while, the P90 is totally different from MB-1's neck pickup. It's much warmer, more vintage and uncompressed. It does a little bit noisy but for single-coil, definitely acceptable.

I was talking about my custom that time, sorry, haha!

I have played one of the old DL-1s though and really liked it. I'd think of getting one myself if I was made of money. :chuckle:

Don't worry Bs, it's an easy mistake.

Are you referring to the prototype? They're a bit different from the MB-1s I think. I wouldn't mind a DL-1R, but I don't think they're doing those anymore.

Yeah, the original prototype one they had in the shop I think. The production models ended up being a bit different. It seemed nice to me, but I already had my MB-1 and was planning my custom so it wouldn't have been practical to seriously think of getting one for me really.

Yeah, the original prototype one they had in the shop I think. The production models ended up being a bit different. It seemed nice to me, but I already had my MB-1 and was planning my custom so it wouldn't have been practical to seriously think of getting one for me really.

I think the main difference is more P90 and a back finish that matches the top better.

Also, here's what I was talking about earlier.

ruiFHyu.jpg

I believe it's the same idea as the pick guard on this one

13661830_479409648933397_1952977162646779744_o.jpg?oh=4f25b22a556367880941f5a80a1c37ed&oe=5948F547

Yeah, I think you're right, it might have been an MBK-1 in the neck originally! Sounded nice though, and I loved the original paint texture, but I never saw it again. The production models were much smoother I think, but I loved the slightly rough feeling of the prototype somehow.

So the family has expanded now, first thoughts so far, it's a little unreal to me it's mine, looks absolutely stunning, neck feels great (so smooth) body carving is very nicely done, shame i didn't get to really play it, forgot to charge my beltpack batteries last night :LOL: only one slight remark, the sent a deluxe Silver DL style strap with it instead of the black Deluxe with the silver logo, not too bad i'll order one of those again.

now of course you probably want some highly inappropriate adult guitar content so here are some pictures ;)

so i'm off waiting for my batteries to charge, and of course plugging in asap

4ce7121b-e882-4a8d-8c51-0628211e4d76.thumb.jpg.f768cb9f2963cb43029b9ed30d66bbdf.jpg

97361ec5-8cb1-4198-a020-680094d53b2f.thumb.jpg.33b5f2d33123f6eae7c0295d1d73fd1d.jpg

bddad2eb-54d2-4fdd-9c2f-1f7b61ec2166.thumb.jpg.1a409e6f507babb8c8031a2c697f15d8.jpg

Nice.

People offering less than what it would cost new :facepalm:

Also, we know nothing...

(Guitar) Matt recorded the opening section on a Fender amp, with a variety of 7 string guitars, such as a 7 string Fender Strat, and the Manson E Guitar (Bass)In the making of The Globalist video, Chris talks about the octave effect being used during the heavy mid section, but for the most part, the bass part is clean.

:LOL: amazing.

edit: all the want for that MB-2, even though playing it would ruin the signatures.

I've learned not to trust "making of" videos. It seems like what's actually used might or might not be actually used.

enit

I really, really, reeeally fucking hate how people always get guitars signed on the front. Do they not want them to be played? Just sign the bloody headstock or sutin

As I said in another thread, I'd just have the back of the headstock signed by the one who plays the guitar.

They still haven't accepted my request to join their Facebook group either, so I don't think it's happening anytime soon. :nerd:

I really, really, reeeally fucking hate how people always get guitars signed on the front. Do they not want them to be played? Just sign the bloody headstock or sutin

Yep, I got my MB-1 replica's diffuser sheet signed, and just put it behind the glass. Wicked because its signed and nothing stopping me from playing it.

Yep, I got my MB-1 replica's diffuser sheet signed, and just put it behind the glass. Wicked because its signed and nothing stopping me from playing it.

That was really a great idea.

Unrelated, but how far are you from Amnesia Rockfest? The lineup is really impressive. Mostly.