Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Is that a Cort? It sounds incredible.

Yep. I creeped on a few other posts of his and it's definitely a Cort. Proof that good musicianship trumps instruments, not that a Cort is bad by any means. I'm sure I'd sound like shiite on a Manson compared to a legitimate touring musician.

On a similar note, I played a John Mayer signature strat yesterday at a used music shop near me. Thing sounded incredible even with my playing. Those big dippers are amazing.

On a similar note, I played a John Mayer signature strat yesterday at a used music shop near me. Thing sounded incredible even with my playing. Those big dippers are amazing.

How different from the average strat? I've heard about those pickups before.

I'd feel a bit weird owning signature gear that's for someone that I'm not familiar with.

How different from the average strat? I've heard about those pickups before.

I'd feel a bit weird owning signature gear that's for someone that I'm not familiar with.

Neck is pretty chunky, but it feels right for the strat for some reason. 9.5" radius maybe? I only played it for about 10 minutes or so and it's been a while since I've played an American Standard, but they're at least noticeably different from a tonal perspective. I've always liked his pups even though his music is really hit or miss. Some of his albums are amazing and others not so much, but he's really one of the best players around today when he gets down to just playing (i.e John Mayer Trio).

So my Manson MA is finally ready, it was delayed because the gotoh tuners wouldn't show up, guess that's because i'm a lefty.

Excitement is through the roof, but does anyone know how fast these guitars ship? (netherlands)

That your axe manson posted on their facebook earlier? If so, looks great! Can't attest to shipping speed though.

So my Manson MA is finally ready, it was delayed because the gotoh tuners wouldn't show up, guess that's because i'm a lefty.

Excitement is through the roof, but does anyone know how fast these guitars ship? (netherlands)

Your stealth MA is like the lefty twin of mine, don't feel bad I had to wait on my black 510 bridge tailpiece for months. Hope she gets to you quickly!!

Not too bad. Consistently ill at the moment but I can't do too much about that. How's everyone else doing? I check in from time to time but don't have much to say these days, haha! Oh, and Feeder are still awesome, haha! New album was pretty decent actually!

Not too bad. Consistently ill at the moment but I can't do too much about that. How's everyone else doing? I check in from time to time but don't have much to say these days, haha!

what-do-you-normally-do-when-im-gone.jpg

No updates on your new guitar? Do you know if they've started the woodwork yet?

They e-mailed me the other day actually. I'd left them alone since I ordered it and assumed they'd let me know when they were almost ready to start, but they've already cut the body outline from the wood, so they sent me a picture of that. I'm not sure what their timeline is for everything else, but it sounds like they're pretty much ready to get started with the rest of it and it's nothing like as complex as last time. I'll keep an eye out for updates in the meantime.

Your stealth MA is like the lefty twin of mine, don't feel bad I had to wait on my black 510 bridge tailpiece for months. Hope she gets to you quickly!!

i have noticed that just now ;) How's yours doing so far? had to wait for the 510 tuners for about two months, though i did specifically order a 510 bridge/tailpiece on the picture uploaded on facebook (yes that is mine) it does look more lika a schaller though

That your axe manson posted on their facebook earlier? If so, looks great! Can't attest to shipping speed though.

That's Correct! :D

It now says it's coming in on Friday!

Edited by HennoTaams

They e-mailed me the other day actually. I'd left them alone since I ordered it and assumed they'd let me know when they were almost ready to start, but they've already cut the body outline from the wood, so they sent me a picture of that. I'm not sure what their timeline is for everything else, but it sounds like they're pretty much ready to get started with the rest of it and it's nothing like as complex as last time. I'll keep an eye out for updates in the meantime.

You had news and you kept it from us......... I haven't felt this betrayed since that scheduling conflict that you had in 2013, which meant we couldn't meet.

Still got my greasy texan hands on your first custom though, so it's all good.

Do you still expect it to be around a year from the deposit? Not sure if the move would have slowed things down or not.

Haha, no, I've only just found out myself, hence I came in and said hi! I was going to wait until I knew more about the schedule though before getting too ahead of myself. I'm not sure how much other work they've got on their plate right now. I know they can make very quick progress when they have time, so it just depends.

i have noticed that just now ;) How's yours doing so far?

It's really great! I toyed with the idea of selling it recently but that has more to do with most of my playing these days being clean with my strat into a DI or acoustic on my Taylor at church.

That swirl DL1 :eek:

Whoa. That DL-1 looks amazing.

It's no BS-1 though

Gorgeous! The sides aren't finished though - send it back and tell them to do it properly! :chuckle:

Also, looks like the logo from my custom has caught on! :yesey:

I nearly did that on my last (not to be confused with final) one, but they got the idea to acid etch it instead. Makes it stand out a bit more, I think. It might be less Bsque, but I like it anyway.

Don't I?