Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

What are these aesthetics that everyone is talking about? Surely not as important as #details

That humbucker size makes no sonic difference tho. Maybe he doesn't need that blend mode that the single coil one has.

Edited by roryj02

That humbucker size makes no sonic difference tho. Maybe he doesn't need that blend mode that the single coil one has.

You realise they're exactly the same, right? It's just a larger casing with a big empty bit for aesthetics if that's what you want. If it's Sustainiac (I can't see it closely enough on my phone) it will still have the blend option. I can't remember the details on the Fernandes.

Finally got to play again yesterday for the first time in weeks anyway, and enjoying being able to play in a room with sunlight for the first time in years. I always liked those little reflections you get on the walls as you're playing, haha! Anyway, it turns out that in bright sunlight, my third guitar is actually purple which was kind of cool and interesting, haha! It usually looks black and with the wood underneath very faint and difficult to see, but in direct light you could see a lot more of it and it was kind of purple, I guess as the colour of the wood comes through the black layer. Anyway, it was cool to have that kind of difference. Hopefully I can play more often again now, I've been so busy lately they've been kind of neglected really.

You realise they're exactly the same, right? It's just a larger casing with a big empty bit for aesthetics if that's what you want. If it's Sustainiac (I can't see it closely enough on my phone) it will still have the blend option. I can't remember the details on the Fernandes.

It is a Sustainiac for sure, I was there (and the MTV video was leaked somewhere).

Would love to see him use a new copper finish guitar or something if they play Blockades live - would fit the picture that song gives me.

Or just a crazy laser shooting multicoloured whack one for the more synth based stuff.

Definitely means he'll just grab another 6 Matt Blacks though :LOL:

Anyone saw that the MBC-1 has been discontinued?

Also this. :facemelt:

I did see about the MBC1's, v sad, don't know why they'd do that to be honest, unless they're releasing a new mansion bellorz signature based on ST tour guitars, or even a new cort guitar.

Also, that lozenge has re-lit my GAS

Plexiglas/acrylic is very heavy - and also quite brittle, so wouldn't really go with Matt's 2.4kg weight limit - or penchant for abusing guitars :D

Typically mirror 'acrylic' is actually polycarbonate. It is quite heavy, relative to say a light wood. It's about twice as dense as something like Mahogany (S. Macrophylla ~650kgm3), and almost three times the weight of the typical swamp ash or Alder you'd find in a guitar (<500kgm3), accepting that both of those can be found at weights of 800kgm3 or more too.

A 3mm mirror top would add something like 300-400g to the weight of a guitar, assuming the thickenss remains the same.

One thing it's not though, is brittle. It's a very, very tough material that's used for ballistic resistance.

Typically mirror 'acrylic' is actually polycarbonate. It is quite heavy, relative to say a light wood. It's about twice as dense as something like Mahogany (S. Macrophylla ~650kgm3), and almost three times the weight of the typical swamp ash or Alder you'd find in a guitar (<500kgm3), accepting that both of those can be found at weights of 800kgm3 or more too.

A 3mm mirror top would add something like 300-400g to the weight of a guitar, assuming the thickenss remains the same.

One thing it's not though, is brittle. It's a very, very tough material that's used for ballistic resistance.

tenor.gif

I think they usually process the orders manually, and you should receive something after that.

That is what I thought. Just was not sure since theres no area I can even check my order to make sure it went through within my account. Thanks!

edit: got my email :)

Edited by russian1

• 3 weeks later...
Nice

Did you change your mind on the color?

At the moment?

Sadly manson had not updated their inventory of what was available so after I ordered the red one they had one of their techs message me and tell me it wasn't available, and then gave me a list of what was available. The red was available, however it was the red that was not equipped with a fuzz factory and they can't cut into the guitar post-paint job. I also thought to myself well I definitely do not own a silver guitar as well so I decided to go with that. All in all I'm amazed at the build quality and everything works perfect on it. The color is beautiful.

Just need to learn how to work the sustainer into my set. Haha.

I'm pretty sure that's the second one. Unless he had the pickup replaced in the original?

It did look fairly beaten up like the first one though.

Also, was surprised to see that he didn't use a single matt black (as in his usual tour spec guitars) last night