Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Don't worry Bs, I'm not giving you the silent treatment. I just couldn't process two of your posts back to back.

So how come you went for the MBK-3 in this as well? Playing it safe, or...?

Should've asked if Psychopaf could have done you a 7 string PF-1.

So how come you went for the MBK-3 in this as well? Playing it safe, or...?

I guess. It's more that I was basically trying to copy the sound of the first custom, but then having the extra tuning flexibility and throwing the XY screen in there. The funny thing is that I actually don't like the sound of the MBK-3 much by itself, but the MBK-3 running through the piezo sounds pretty much perfect for me. I actually had to play with the piezo bypass on last week because the battery they sent it with had already died for some reason, and I remember being really frustrated with how awful it sounded. As soon as I got a new battery in it was perfect again, haha! It's not quite the same sound as the old one, depending on the kind of song I'm playing, but it's pretty close, with a bit of the MB-1 in there somehow. That's probably the aluminium not being there and the fixed bridge, I guess. I played that ali custom again the other day for the first time since I got the new one, and I still think that sounds (and looks) the best but the new one's a good compromise between the other two.

Edited by Bs

Sure as hell looks like mine. Unless you mean the other one. :chuckle:

no it's mine!

What's the difference between the newer MBC-1s and older? Some QC difference?

Not that I'm aware of. I know mine (very early one) doesn't have a logo'd neck plate, and the finish is slightly different.

I'm having a Nando's later. I might freeze some of it and offer it.

Btw... a reminder that if MBs are still on schedule, it should only be 6 months to go :ninja:

I'm fine, haha! Not yet, I'm afraid - not sure how I'd manage it. I'll give it some thought. Realistically I'll have more time and space to do it later in the year, but maybe I can do something before then.

Haha, I don't really have free floor space here, haha! It's more I'm not sure if my bed is big enough for all three given that I'd need to get the cases onto the bed to get them out in the first place. Probably not doable. :chuckle:

I can't keep track anymore. I know there was a third 'MIDI whammy' guitar, but I can't remember if it was a black or metal one.

Think it's the same dark chrome finish as the other chrome whammy. Where did you find out that he had three whammy guitars?