Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

And to have the opposite in the shops display models, they must get sick of hearing those riffs all day.

It's just that one riff. It goes like this.

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--6--6

(speed up slightly)

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--0--3--0--5--0--3--0

Then when you're finished, start messing around with the sustainer switches, and if you're feeling adventurous, the X-Y pad (which isn't actually connected to anything)

:LOL:

It's just that one riff. It goes like this.

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--0--3--0--5--0--2--0--0--3--0

(short pause)

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--6--6

(speed up slightly)

E

B

G

D

A

Eb--0--3--0--5--0--3--0

Then when you're finished, start messing around with the sustainer switches, and if you're feeling adventurous, the X-Y pad (which isn't actually connected to anything)

:LOL: hahahaha #nailedit

One of the comments says it cost around 1500 pounds, not sure if true, but sounds reasonable I guess?

I have not seen that comment. I don't think the 1500 would include the guitar if that was the case.

I saw that when I was there last, a beautiful piece.

#NicePiece indeed.

Some real ace detective work on his part.

At the assumed cost of Manson doing those upgrades, wouldn't a more "stock" Manson just be more worth it? Thoughts?

I would say so. But according to that other guy, the MBC-1 are basically Mansons.

Anyone see the Cort that Mansons posted on Facebook today? I thought it looked familiar but couldn't quite put my finger on it

Fortunately Rangga was there to point me in the right direction

Rangga is a fountain of knowledge, isn't he? Maybe he can tell us what kind of neck pickup that is too.

And just for you Dom... if I don't forget, I'll record a "how to 100% correctly play psycho" in one of the demo booths next month. I'll even post the tabs in the description for those who can't figure it out by hand.

Rangga is a fountain of knowledge, isn't he? Maybe he can tell us what kind of neck pickup that is too.

And just for you Dom... if I don't forget, I'll record a "how to 100% correctly play psycho" in one of the demo booths next month. I'll even post the tabs in the description for those who can't figure it out by hand.

Don't forget the MIDI file for Unsustainable

Which will eventually result in people asking why the download link isn't working, but at least it generates loads of comments.

You should come to our London meet up. So far I've got... anywhere between one and three people that are coming.

Anyone have thoughts on the Cool Rails neck? That's the stock in the DR-1's. I'm still floating the idea of a new one as Mansons have a few left. I like the sound I've heard in YT videos, but any personal experiences? Already have a sustainiac elsewise, or I'd just go that route.

Haha, no, I've only just found out myself, hence I came in and said hi! I was going to wait until I knew more about the schedule though before getting too ahead of myself. I'm not sure how much other work they've got on their plate right now. I know they can make very quick progress when they have time, so it just depends.

Is it time yet? Maybe I'll see the work in progress next month. Just like I saw (and touched) your first custom during the magic bridge saga of 2013.

Cool rails are very decent, they sound like a compressed P-90. I always like the sound my MA in the middle position because it sounds like a 335.

Thanks.

Decided on not joining the Manson club :( Got a deal on a strat that was too good to pass up, despite the near historically low exchange rates on US to GBP. Still irresponsible purchase, but less irresponsible than the DR-1 I was about to buy.

Thanks.

Decided on not joining the Manson club :( Got a deal on a strat that was too good to pass up, despite the near historically low exchange rates on US to GBP. Still irresponsible purchase, but less irresponsible than the DR-1 I was about to buy.

Well DR-40 is gone anyway. And is this the John Mayer strat? Don't tell me you bought it from Singapore.

Well DR-40 is gone anyway. And is this the John Mayer strat? Don't tell me you bought it from Singapore.

I was looking at DR-51 as an allusion to Area 51. Seemed to fit the theme. Adrian indicated some single digit availability left of which 51 was one, which is why I'm assuming the run didn't go beyond 100.

I'll see if Matt does some crazy release for the next album and maybe jump on the bandwagon. My Manson knockoff and Cort will suffice for now :unsure:

And yes, bought a JM strat. Love love those big dippers. Going to trade my current strat in at a local shop, so it's not a terrible net loss and 1000 USD less than a Manson. Bought from the US, not Singapore :LOL: Videos with him playing with John Mayer Trio in his most recent tour put me over the edge. Dude has chops.

Just hate to pass up the exchange rates on a numbered guitar like the DR, but so be it. I have enough humbucker based guitars and only really one solid single coil guitar (which is the MiM strat I'm trading in). My Ibanez JEM has a real solid single coil in it, just not ideal for playing the blues.

Is it time yet? Maybe I'll see the work in progress next month. Just like I saw (and touched) your first custom during the magic bridge saga of 2013.

May/June will be custom time apparently. I still need to discuss the finish and stuff though, as it's a bit up in the air at the moment. Oh, and hi, I'm still lurking a bit these days, haha!

I was looking at DR-51 as an allusion to Area 51. Seemed to fit the theme. Adrian indicated some single digit availability left of which 51 was one, which is why I'm assuming the run didn't go beyond 100.

I'll see if Matt does some crazy release for the next album and maybe jump on the bandwagon. My Manson knockoff and Cort will suffice for now :unsure:

And yes, bought a JM strat. Love love those big dippers. Going to trade my current strat in at a local shop, so it's not a terrible net loss and 1000 USD less than a Manson. Bought from the US, not Singapore :LOL: Videos with him playing with John Mayer Trio in his most recent tour put me over the edge. Dude has chops.

Just hate to pass up the exchange rates on a numbered guitar like the DR, but so be it. I have enough humbucker based guitars and only really one solid single coil guitar (which is the MiM strat I'm trading in). My Ibanez JEM has a real solid single coil in it, just not ideal for playing the blues.

No I think it's just 00 to 99. I'm intrigued by these single coils now...aren't they supposed to have 'scooped mids' or something? That must make them good for metal. :erm:

May/June will be custom time apparently. I still need to discuss the finish and stuff though, as it's a bit up in the air at the moment. Oh, and hi, I'm still lurking a bit these days, haha!

Hi Bs.

Good timing... :ninja: I thought it was decided that you were going for gloss black, or has that changed?

Hi Bs.

Good timing... :ninja: I thought it was decided that you were going for gloss black, or has that changed?

I'd had in mind some kind of black burst finish but I don't really know what it would look like with the body wood, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing at the moment. Need to talk through the options with Tim and then see where I go from there, I think. Need to sort it out soon though, haha! I also might have a favour to ask at some point but I'm not sure yet. :p

I'm intrigued by these single coils now...aren't they supposed to have 'scooped mids' or something? That must make them good for metal. :erm:

Yeah, I believe they're vaguely based on SRV's but I don't remember... I read a piece on them at some point. Sets of them alone go for 300-400USD on ebay and reverb. They were only ever fitted in his signature guitars. It's an acquired taste and not for everyone, for sure.

Yeah, I believe they're vaguely based on SRV's but I don't remember... I read a piece on them at some point. Sets of them alone go for 300-400USD on ebay and reverb. They were only ever fitted in his signature guitars. It's an acquired taste and not for everyone, for sure.

Congrats! I've heard that the neck on them is quite huge.What color did you end up with? I'd love one of the racing stripe ones.