nowhereamanda

There's no way to prevent people getting tickets who have never heard the songs.

There's no way to make sure the hard cores get in and not the same people to all the gigs, or even people from other countries blocking you from local gigs.

What if the they did a presale with 90% ticket allotment to Muse.mu members only, with a general sale for the remaining 10% (or more if the presale didn't somehow sell out)?

Not perfect, but would that help a lot?

What if the they did a presale with 90% ticket allotment to Muse.mu members only, with a general sale for the remaining 10% (or more if the presale didn't somehow sell out)?

Not perfect, but would that help a lot?

I mean, we'd love it, but the actual .mu site is still full of people, including scalpers, who caught on to the presales.

I don't think it's realistic.

They absolutely need to do ID pick up, and no name changes.

90% to board members with a .mu account and providing board username, must be a member for at least 6 months and have at least 250 posts.

Could work, but a stupid idea.

So I've been here 6 years but only have 143 posts, so I wouldn't get a vote? Thanks.

Btw, along with letting people vote, Muse need to make sure to announce the winning songs, basically letting casuals know that they should listen to it.

That's a good shout actually, it'll automatically engage people more at the time as well. Instead of just going into a song and leaving people to potentially switch off 'cause they don't know it, they'll hear "this was voted for by our fans etc." and actually think "ooh, okay, what's this".

Could even have some kind of quick visual for it beforehand, a bit like the roulette from the T2L arenas (but...with a point). Maybe some kind of leaderboard or word map with all the songs people had to choose from that shifts and shows what ended up winning. Obvs Muse would know beforehand but it could be a nice little moment of anticipation for anyone who voted.

...or maybe there's a reason I don't work for the visual team and it'd be completely goofy and awkward, who knows :chuckle:

I meant more like announcing it on FB like they did this time, allowing people to check it out before the gig. But yeah at the gig as well ofc.

Also, goofy and awkward is basically their middle name.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no tour manager but something like this would seem fair to me:

4 - UK (1 in Ireland, 1 in Scotland, 2 in England)

4 - US (2 on the west coast, 2 on the east coast)

2 - Australia

1 - France

1 - Italy

1 - Germany

1 - Sweden

1 - Finland

1 - Japan

?

Fixed it, not because I'm biased, but because Nosturi in Helsinki or Pakkahuone in Tampere would be easily big enough for Muse. I think both of them have capacity of 1000+, Pakkahuone is like 1200(+450 or something like that if needed), I think. I mean, hell, bands like Nightwish and Mew have played in these clubs, so Muse is not a huge step upward from the caliber they've already seen.

I'm no tour manager but something like this would seem fair to me:

5 - UK (1 in Ireland, 1 in Scotland, 2 in England, 1 in Wales)

4 - US (2 on the west coast, 2 on the east coast)

2 - Australia

1 - France

1 - Italy

1 - Germany

1 - Sweden

1 - Finland

1 - Japan

?

Fixed again

10 in Continental Europe (2 France, 2 Germany, 2 Italy, 1 Sweden, 1 Spain, 1 Switzerland, 1 Holland or Belgium)

6 British Isles (Glasgow/Edinburgh, London, North England city of choice, Cardiff, Dublin (Irl), Belfast)

5 USA (I know it's big but still - NYC, LA, Seattle, Boston, Nashville, a middle city of choice)

5 South America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico)

2 Canada (Toronto + 1 other)

3 Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane)

3 Asia (China, Japan, Korea)

1 South Africa

Wildly unfair I guess but I mean, that wouldn't be awful? Too many dates (35) anyway

Edited by Rustyy