nowhereamanda

I don't think it's that hard to prevent casual fans from getting into an intimate rarities show.

It only takes refusing entry to:

- Any female teenagers and mothers in their 40s or 50s

- Anyone who owns any U2 album, tshirt or related merchandise whatsoever

- Anyone who is unable to respond quickly to "what happened to matt's rare effects pedal used in muscle museum?"

Explain, please!

while I did a brutal and innacurate generalization, I was trying to mock the usual female teenager who makes your inner ears bleed while screaming in a horrifying high pitched voice as soon as they hear undisclosed desires intro, or, the "mother in their 50s" who goes see muse because she heard "madness" on the radio in the car in her commute to work way too often

I don't think it's that hard to prevent casual fans from getting into an intimate rarities show.

It only takes refusing entry to:

So only women aged 20 - 39 allowed right? So quaint.

There's too few of us active here to really get a good picture.

I felt in a lot of other communities, I bumped into more people who couldn't get tickets, especially ones that weren't part of a group buying for each other.

I agree with you on that to a certain extent (even though during the Psycho Tour there were more people active here due to the hype), but in my second sentence I wasn't talking exclusively about boardies, but rather the general impression I got.

Personally offended. But whatever. The vast majority of "Muse fans" my age match the stereotype so....

I'm not on board with a US rarities tour. The country is too big, someone will be left out. Namely me cause I live in bfe and can't afford to travel. Just throw a few into regular rotation like they did on the second US leg of T2L, and hit the areas they missed this list time around.

We're not asking too much here.

You know, it's funny because the vast majority of hardcore fans I know were teenage girls and mothers in their 40s and 50s (and even 60s). Makes sense since most of their live fans are women.

Personally offended. But whatever. The vast majority of "Muse fans" my age match the stereotype so....

I'm not on board with a US rarities tour. The country is too big, someone will be left out. Namely me cause I live in bfe and can't afford to travel. Just throw a few into regular rotation like they did on the second US leg of T2L, and hit the areas they missed this list time around.

We're not asking too much here.

I wasn't fortunate enough to do the second leg of T2L (I wouldn't count Austin City Limits) but I loved the first leg even without the rarities because it was the right mix of pop/rock with a piano tossed in the mix and there were enough rotations to keep me interested in each show (I think I did 8 or 9?).

You know, it's funny because the vast majority of hardcore fans I know were teenage girls and mothers in their 40s and 50s (and even 60s). Makes sense since most of their live fans are women.

My mother is a hardcore fan, she knows all the songs and b - sides and everything. She came to the O2 with me and my sister in April, she loved it. She went mental when they played Sunburn lol. She loved the drum and bass jam too :LOL: She is 69.

EDIT WHOOPS: Sorry, my first post in this thread is completely off topic. Sorry Jess.

I am totally up for a rarities thing, but I doubt i would be able to get to go if they organised it the same way as a Psycho tour. I would be voting for the most obscure stuff i think.

geez, do you have some sense of humor ? ever went to see a standup comedian ? 90% of their jokes is based on stereotypes and generalizations that while always morally wrong, are just made up to make people laugh and that's it - I'm no professional comedian whatsoever, but I was just trying to make a JOKE. hopefully you will never go up stage argue with a comedian about a joke about older people just because your mother/whatever does not fit their generalization... seriously, take it easy

now, back on topic, I just hope if matt ever keeps on a single one of his promises, it will be a RARITIES tour and not a chosen-by-people setlist. hardcore fans are a minority today, so that will obviously not work out very well for "us"

Edited by errrick

I'm no professional comedian whatsoever

Agreed

now, back on topic, I just hope if matt ever keeps on one single of his promises, it will be a RARITIES tour and not a chosen-by-people setlist. hardcore fans are a minority today, so that will obviously not work out very well for "us"

Yes. Chosen by people setlist risks becoming a watered down, 'popular' setlist only. It was said on the other thread, I think, that 'hardcore' fans want deepcut rock songs; this is my impression too. I don't think Montreux would have caused such a fuss if it had been full of deepcut ballads.

geez, do you have some sense of humor ? ever went to see a standup comedian ? 90% of their jokes is based on stereotypes and generalizations that while always morally wrong, are just made up to make people laugh and that's it - I'm no professional comedian whatsoever, but I was just trying to make a JOKE. hopefully you will never go up stage argue with a comedian about a joke about older people just because your mother/whatever does not fit their generalization... seriously, take it easy

now, back on topic, I just hope if matt ever keeps on a single one of his promises, it will be a RARITIES tour and not a chosen-by-people setlist. hardcore fans are a minority today, so that will obviously not work out very well for "us"

And then there are good comedians who use their comedy as a tool for highlighting stigmas, prejudice and oppression. Like making race jokes in which the minorities aren't actually the butt of the joke, but instead punching upward, aiming for the oppressors. This is either something you fail to see, or you simply go to see shows which are very different from what I see.

And by the way, when people see a comedian, they pay for that choice. You're giving us this crap without any of us asking for it, so we're pretty midly telling you to stop. Simple. Now stop acting like everyone is simply new to the whole concept of comedy and realise that your bullshit isn't welcome.

They need us to pick the choices. Haha. JUST US ON THIS MESSAGEBOARD :mad:

Play a game...Muse could pic one or two gig-goer from the board (per gig) and they can wish for one song at their concert...:eek::D

Edited by Claudia O.