nowhereamanda

Tbh, I think this is a stupid idea. It doesn't solve any of the actual beef which is the inequality between sets.

Yes, I'd love a random rarities tour. But I'd much rather be in a situation where I could hear something unexpected at a future Muse gig.

Yep yep. I don't want to go to a gig on a 'special tour' and then have to think aw right that's it then, next tour it's back to 'Muse by numbers'... like I said earlier I don't understand why they think there are only two ways to go - a big gig for casual crowds who want Madness & Starlight vs a small gig for hardcore crowds who want rarities - it makes no sense. Every single gig is a blend of different types of fans, every single gig they see those faces on the front row, acknowledge them holding up signs, song requests, celebrating their 50th, 100th gigs... surely they can see the mix for themselves every night they play. those people on the front row aren't demanding a rarities tour, we just want a few rarities as part of every gig, as a nod to those of us who love the back catalogue.

Also I don't think anyone's made this point yet - These rarities we're all demanding - they were singles!!!

Is that not enough? From what I heard most people who wanted to get into Webster got in. The Mayan could have been the same. That was only 2 concerts. A few more with reasonably advanced announcements I think could accommodate a lot of people.

I do know people who didn't get into the Webster, because what happened was the website crashed, the codes didn't work, and the band's management ended up releasing a very unusually large amount of tickets into the presale.

I know one gal who stopped trying thinking the gig was sold out, and didn't come to the website to see the problem, and I know a couple that had to try to get in on the general sale and failed, likely because there were so many presale tickets.

I don't know if we got a warped opinion on it because the Mayan sale was an utter sham in comparison.

It's hard to judge, either way, because there were too many pre-sale tickets for one, and nearly none for the other.

If my coworker was wrong, as so many accuse, about how many tickets were actually released for the Mayan (and I still highly doubt he was) and it was a normal amount, then no, there's no way even 2 would be enough, because that gig sold out in less than 30 seconds.

Muse still does two shows in LA with a 10,000 or so capacity, and it's fucking hard to get tickets.

I think any shows in LA would be completely fucked.

And it's still shutting out a ton of fans who were already shut out of the arena tour.

Not everyone can take off work to jaunt off to a concert (why I didn't try for Webster, sadly,) afford to travel (why I couldn't go to this fantasy tour if it happened,) etc.

Why wouldn't it be way better for Muse to actually do a REAL smaller venue tour here?

Tbh, I think this is a stupid idea. It doesn't solve any of the actual beef which is the inequality between sets.

Yes, I'd love a random rarities tour. But I'd much rather be in a situation where I could hear something unexpected at a future Muse gig.

Amidst all this I also agree another Psycho Tour isn't going to stop complaining if they immediately fall back to not bringing those songs elsewhere.

Sorry, but both correct.

What the band needs to do, is just fucking learn from this, and like we've been saying since last year, just play one or two damn songs on their own damn tours to make everyone happy.

You know if this happened, there'd be a ton of heartbroken fans who didn't get an opportunity to go, and Muse would use this as an excuse to NEVER play any of these songs at their main tour.

And when fans complain, we'd get "what the fuck do you want? Didn't you already get the Psycho Tour/Mayan/rarities tour???" Which is bullshit and everyone knows it.

And Matt's already said it. :stunned:

I guess I'm just asking what's the "ideal" plan for making sure that 90% of the tickets don't go to a general sale, and end up with those 99% of people who will be (allegedly) upset with a rarities set?

Even in the pre-sale, there's a shitload of people cheating and giving out codes.

With nearly as many tickets going on presale for the LA arena gigs as existed for the entire club dates, and those selling out in barely minutes, I guess I have no faith in how these tickets would end up with the right fans, even if the website was stable, and the codes worked, especially when the entire US is competing for them and likely a bunch of people with too much money on their hands in other countries, too.

I selfishly don't want this to happen, because I don't want to go through how I felt after that gig again. Ever.

The Mayan was the only one that flopped in regards to getting fans into the concert. Webster's problems were technical and even then people were generally happy. The European gigs the same. So many of the regulars here were able to attend.

They weren't perfect. No gig was. There were still a lot of fans. Some people from other countries showed up to the American concerts, which was a real nasty thing to do, but there wasn't mass migration of Europeans. Only a handful of people can even afford that.

So many of their small venue concerts go by well for such a large band. I don't know where you're getting that any future attempts will end up like the one major fuck up. If all our speculations and plans are going to fall to the most self-defeating worst case scenarios there's no point in even having a gig section on this forum.

I'm not convinced, I guess. We really don't know how easy it was to get into NYC. Like I said, it was the opposite of the Mayan; it was a fuck up that led to more pre-sale fans being allowed in.

Of course, that's the answer: many, many more tickets to pre-sale. Or a venue with more than a 1.5k capacity, of course. There's plenty of nice 3k+ capacity places around.

It just never seems to happen.

And was the Psycho Tour really that easy to get into in the UK? I remember it not being.

I just think a rarities tour isn't the right solution, ultimately, and is the band going in exactly the wrong direction, causing them to feel justified to do bored looking hits sets for the big bucks.

I don't think it's what's best for the band in the long run to do that, either.

But yes, I'm incredibly sour about the sheer volume of people who said "well, you should have gone to the Mayan, then!" like that was ever an option, and really pissed to see Matt use that lame excuse already, too.

And isn't pestering the band for an entire extra tour for rarities more demanding or "entitled" to go that route than asking them to please just think of us for one song a gig...?

I kind of feel like they're going to think their fans are even bigger bastards over another Zepp petition.

To be honest, the more discussion there is about a rarity tour, the less I want it to happen.

Just play 21-24 songs a night and make a normal tour the rarity tour by playing a decent selection of songs everywhere and cut down on the production so they can tour anywhere that has 3000-4000 fans willing to pay for it. It'd be nice to start rotating the hits since there's only 2 songs left by the time they're done playing the current album material+the staples

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I feel I need to say something here,

I have never said I played a major role in the 2015 Psycho tour. this statement makes me feel really uncomfortable as its taking something I said and blown it way of out proportion.

The petition I did in 2014 was for a 20th anniversary gig. I spoke to Glen Rowe about it and he said the band had seen it and were aware of the idea, but nothing was going to happen in 2014, but it gave Matt the idea of something for the future.

The idea of the petition is just to gather support for the idea of what Matt suggested on Twitter. I don't think we should be discussing venues, polls, songs etc, this is not what the petition is about and such discussions can get quite heated after a while (as I already seen on here and on various FB posts)

Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition so far, I never expected to reach nearly 1,000 supporters in under 24 hours!

Wish they could play this many venues (of course Bullet are nowhere near as big as Muse but this gave everyone an opportunity to get tickets)

Bullet_For_My_Valentine_tour_august_2015.jpg?ed9a96

Remember that the Psycho tour only had about 6 dates.

Edit: The tickets to this tour were around £25 each.

Edited by Destroya

I'd love a tour like this in Europe, if there were a way to get tickets to the 'die-hard' fans in a better way than tickets sell usually. I'm afraid the touting will be through the roof unless actual ID'ing will go on.

Pretty sure we were requested for ID at the Psycho shows (I just handed mine over with my card to get in quicker).

Do a B sides/rarities tour in bigger venues. Require all names on tickets, not just lead buyer.

Max 2 tickets per buyer. Put the stage at the end not in the middle. No interludes/intros/tapes. Play for 2 hours.

I've just solved every Muse tour problem, you're welcome.

I'd love a tour like this in Europe, if there were a way to get tickets to the 'die-hard' fans in a better way than tickets sell usually. I'm afraid the touting will be through the roof unless actual ID'ing will go on.

I think IDing will be used increasingly at least for smaller gigs... it was used seamlessly and quickly so far as I could see for the Psycho tour. I also had experience of it at Brixton for Royal Blood last year and Radiohead a month ago at The Roundhouse. It was used at the O2 for the Chillies and Radiohead gigs I went to a while back, (and also I believe for Adele). And of course its been used for ages at Glastonbury

But they need to limit ticket purchase to two only for small gigs.

The Mayan was the only one that flopped in regards to getting fans into the concert. Webster's problems were technical and even then people were generally happy. The European gigs the same. So many of the regulars here were able to attend.

This. I also got the feeling that a lot of boardies managed to get to the Psycho tour. Of course we're never gonna know what the exact demographics were, but in a whole it didn't seem too bad concerning hardcores getting in.

There's too few of us active here to really get a good picture.

I felt in a lot of other communities, I bumped into more people who couldn't get tickets, especially ones that weren't part of a group buying for each other.

Also, lols, that Gigwise article is wildly inaccurate.

Why is that still around, anyways?

It's basically a really slow bot news reposter.