The one and only optimistic Muse discussion thread (hopefully)

Claudia O

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump! 
Excited that Muse (in particular Matt, I guess he took over the Muse accounts on Twitter and Instagram full-time as well as his own) are „around“ again. The movie is out, there are short videos of the instrumentals - Matt riding a horse, with a Keytar (long time no see!) ... mention of the first gig next year, hopefully many will follow! It‘s still uncertain tough how or if they will happen 🤔 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is probs not so optimistic but I miss this band so bloody much it’s almost laughable. I’ve been super busy over the last couple of months and on a bit of a Jeff Buckley/White Stripes/Radiohead binge music-wise, so that and the lack of Muse News pushed them back in the brain a wee bit. Then this morning I randomly played a bit of Bliss on the acoustic and legit almost welled up ffs.

September will be 2 years since the last gig, I’m assuming we’re gonna go beyond that. Shows how spoiled we are when that seems like an unthinkable gap of time 💔

They better go on a mad one for the comeback.

My last gig and last Muse gig as well was 2 years ago in May 😕 yes, I do miss them, but as I knew they‘d go on a break and then record new music it‘s wasn’t that bad. Now that the festivals are cancelled and I think the pause will be longer, this is heartbreaking! 

During the first and second lockdown I enjoyed watching gigs online, thinking next year we‘ll be there again! But now ... 

Hopefully we‘ll see them going back to the studio soon, Matt just got back from his holidays, he may have read some good books 🙃🤪 nah, as he said life brought him enough material for a Muse album I‘m optimistic it‘ll be great, hopefully rockin‘ again ! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the point where I've started watching full concert videos online. No other band has ever driven me to do that before. I don't think I can be complete until I get to actually experience that for myself in person

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope the album is out this year since every album since Absolution has come out every 3 years (2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018)... would be neat. If not, that's okay too, covid has understandably delayed lots of things. I'm just excited there's a new album!

One day late, but Happy Birthday Matt! 🥳

Edited by knightofcydonia
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A story on the BBC News site says that big stars are playing small venues right now.  I saw Muse at the Newport Centre, South Wales, a few years ago and it was fantastic!  Just the band plus Morgan.  I wish they would do a few small gigs around the UK while we wait until they tour their full show again!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...